HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bang For Your Buck

Old
06-30-2008, 02:57 PM
ogie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
Lines:
Avery - Dubinsky - Drury
Bertuzzi - Gomez - Korpikoski
Dawes - Anisimov - Callahan
Lapointe - Betts - Sjostrom

Tyutin - Girardi
Sanguinetti - Staal
Backman - Commodore

ummm sorry, but with Jagr gone there is no way that Dubinsky still has the 1st line spot. And as good as Tyutin and Gman are they are not a first pair.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 674

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
ummm sorry, but with Jagr gone there is no way that Dubinsky still has the 1st line spot. And as good as Tyutin and Gman are they are not a first pair.
I can tell this is coming from the guy who wants Huselius...the softest player in the NHL

Dubinsky is not going to be a #1 center, just one of the top 2 centers. Look at the Devils, they roll 2 good top lines and no one *****es about who is the first line or second line. Same should be with Rangers. Gomez and Dubinsky will be our top 2 line centers. Same goes for Defense. Of course Tyutin and Girardi are not a clear #1 pair...are Staal and Sanguinetti going to be a clear #1 pair? Not really. So those will just be our top 2 pairings. If we ever get a stud like Phaneuf , then you can call one of our pairings #1.

Evgeny Oliker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 03:12 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Radivojevic signed to play in Europe already.
I did not know that. Thank you.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 03:18 PM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
Because of the list of free agent forwards this year, I really don't want to see Sather sign any of the FA forwards to more than a two year deal. I know players don't want to sign a 2-year deal, but none of the FA forwards are good enough or a safe enough bet. I'd rather focus on locking up some rock-solid additions to the D and seeing if any trades can be made at the deadline or even next summer.

This team is not going to win the cup next year. The best shot at winning the cup is probably 2-5 years from now.

Let's not get crazy signing whoever is left and can play wing. I wanna be able to go after kovalchuk and a few others full-force when the time comes.

Let's use this season to develop what we've got, worst case scenario maybe get a decent draft pick, and then get into gear for 09-10 when we'll have Cherepanov playing with our developed youth and some WORTHWHILE forward signings.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 03:31 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers View Post
Because of the list of free agent forwards this year, I really don't want to see Sather sign any of the FA forwards to more than a two year deal. I know players don't want to sign a 2-year deal, but none of the FA forwards are good enough or a safe enough bet. I'd rather focus on locking up some rock-solid additions to the D and seeing if any trades can be made at the deadline or even next summer.

This team is not going to win the cup next year. The best shot at winning the cup is probably 2-5 years from now.

Let's not get crazy signing whoever is left and can play wing. I wanna be able to go after kovalchuk and a few others full-force when the time comes.

Let's use this season to develop what we've got, worst case scenario maybe get a decent draft pick, and then get into gear for 09-10 when we'll have Cherepanov playing with our developed youth and some WORTHWHILE forward signings.
I agree.

I'd rather them focus on the Defense as well.

But there is one intriguing player (and there might be a couple others in the same boat) that you might get away with signing for a little less than hes worth and for not as long.

Nagy from L.A. Heres a guy who makes 3.75 right now, but could probably be had for less, and you might be lucky to get him for a 1 or two year deal.

He's a guy who can score 30 goals but unlike Prucha can dish the puck and get 30 or so assists as well. Presenting an offer to him around 3.0 for one year give him the option to play with Gomez, possibly have another breakout year and get right back on the market.

I'd rather take a risk on a guy like that to be a "stop-gap" than a Jagr or Sundin. Say if its a two-year deal, its still not as bad as having a 38 or 39 year old here and eating up minutes and making 5-7 million. He's 10 years younger and gives Gomez part of what he needs.

There are ways to get creative through trades at the deadline as well.

Say you get a Redden or Orpik or Campbell and you improve the defense. Maybe Sangs comes up and Tyutin is expendable. Maybe Prucha gets more time and he raises his value again. Package those two for a legit winger or high draft pick for another piece to the future, if the playoffs aren't a reality. If they are - look into the next FA group.

I think the Rangers have to be patient, but instead of hinging their season on two grizzled veterans, get a little more creative with a signing like a Nagy, but focus on the defense first.

Old
06-30-2008, 03:48 PM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Nagy from L.A. Heres a guy who makes 3.75 right now, but could probably be had for less, and you might be lucky to get him for a 1 or two year deal.
When Nagy is healthy and happy he can be a point-per-game player. But it's been 5 years since he finished a season playing over 55 games. Last season only 38 games. Nagy would make more sense if Jagr returns since he's czech.

Nagy IS a big risk. If he can be had for 3.5 and two years or less, I'd be interested. If he could return back to the way he used to play for the Yotes, he'd be WAAY worth it.

This guy's production is pretty impressive when you take into account the (lack of) skill level of the teams he's been on. (PHX, LA).

If he can stay healthy he'd be a great asset. But as someone who keeps on drafting him onto his fantasy hockey team I can tell you, he's probably not going to stay healthy.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 04:01 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers View Post
When Nagy is healthy and happy he can be a point-per-game player. But it's been 5 years since he finished a season playing over 55 games. Last season only 38 games. Nagy would make more sense if Jagr returns since he's czech.

Nagy IS a big risk. If he can be had for 3.5 and two years or less, I'd be interested. If he could return back to the way he used to play for the Yotes, he'd be WAAY worth it.

This guy's production is pretty impressive when you take into account the (lack of) skill level of the teams he's been on. (PHX, LA).

If he can stay healthy he'd be a great asset. But as someone who keeps on drafting him onto his fantasy hockey team I can tell you, he's probably not going to stay healthy.
Health is an issue, correct.

But i'd rather see the Rangers making these types of short term moves instead of going for these other "plans" i'm hearing.

Old
06-30-2008, 04:07 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Health is an issue, correct.

But i'd rather see the Rangers making these types of short term moves instead of going for these other "plans" i'm hearing.
Agreed - Nagy is right behind Ryder on my list of forwards that I'd like to acquire.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 04:15 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Didnt Roberts jsut sign a deal with Tampa that had a games played bonus in it that allowed him to get upwards of 2 million???

If thats true how is that different than what McKenzie just wrote about on TSN about no bonuses?

Old
06-30-2008, 04:18 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
If it's the Jason Williams from Carolina then go nuts!!!........but i think it's the Williams from the Blackhawks
If it's the Jason Williams from the Nets....duck

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote