HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr Quote - I don't like it

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2008, 05:44 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Or it could be because he had a busted shoulder heading into the season, trying to recover from major shoulder surgery, and an injury that haunted him the entire year. If anything, it makes that 96 points and 30 goals more commendable and impressive. But some of us just like to think its a decline in talent.... Whatever... This year was an off year. 06-07 he was great but he was hurt.
Lots of excuses for a superstar player.

06-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

So basically what he did was he came out and expressed the way he feels, the exact same way fans and hockey analysts have mentioned him to be for the past few years... as a needy player.

If he needs to be told to be the leading offensive player, he shouldn't be counted upon to do so.

Old
06-30-2008, 06:08 PM
RegalRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
This is where a lot of fans are differing in opinion.

Some are projecting a Jagr whos healthy, not effected by age, and having a more productive year with the right players around him. Some of us, think the opposite.
Here's what I'm saying:

It doesn't even matter.

It doesn't matter whether Jagr will/would put up 100 points next season or 30.

It doesn't matter because with or without him, we will not be a serious cup contender next season barring some serious unforeseen trades/signings.

So the question becomes what are you trying to get out of next season?

If the answer is one more year of a Jaromir Jagr-based offense that maybe squeaks us into an 8th seed and a 1st round exit, then let's re-sign him no matter the cost.

But perhaps it would be wiser to see what this team is without him because that's all the future holds. We don't know what these players are capable of without Jagr. We don't know what our powerplay looks like without Jagr. We know nothing about this team without Jagr as the centerpiece.

I'd rather learn all of that sooner rather than later. Let's get a head-start on the next era.

As much as I've wanted to see Jagr lift the cup in a Rangers jersey, I'd rather focus on making sure that someone lifts the cup in a Rangers jersey.

And to do that I believe we need to start assessing what roles our current players can play in the future.

Old
06-30-2008, 06:37 PM
JaromirJagr#68

This is the whole interview.

http://www.leaderboard.com/rodent.htm

In the NHL, you've earned nearly $100M. How important is the money to you [in your next contract]?

"It depends from which point of view you take. Speaking from an NHL perspective, a big contract is important because the highest paid player on the team has the big pressure to perform. It also means you will not be sitting on the bench. Players with lesser contracts can be scratched, moved, bought out or traded. I have met many players over my career who were better than others. Yet these guys were demoted because of their [smaller] contracts. That's why money is still important to me."

and that's 100% true

Old
06-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Avy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaromirJagr#68 View Post
This is the whole interview.

http://www.leaderboard.com/rodent.htm

In the NHL, you've earned nearly $100M. How important is the money to you [in your next contract]?

"It depends from which point of view you take. Speaking from an NHL perspective, a big contract is important because the highest paid player on the team has the big pressure to perform. It also means you will not be sitting on the bench. Players with lesser contracts can be scratched, moved, bought out or traded. I have met many players over my career who were better than others. Yet these guys were demoted because of their [smaller] contracts. That's why money is still important to me."

and that's 100% true

Jagr=the man.

Old
06-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy View Post
Jagr=the man.
agreed, i honestly dont understand why Sean Avery is getting more love than JJ

Old
06-30-2008, 06:53 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers View Post
Here's what I'm saying:

It doesn't even matter.

It doesn't matter whether Jagr will/would put up 100 points next season or 30.

It doesn't matter because with or without him, we will not be a serious cup contender next season barring some serious unforeseen trades/signings.

So the question becomes what are you trying to get out of next season?

If the answer is one more year of a Jaromir Jagr-based offense that maybe squeaks us into an 8th seed and a 1st round exit, then let's re-sign him no matter the cost.

But perhaps it would be wiser to see what this team is without him because that's all the future holds. We don't know what these players are capable of without Jagr. We don't know what our powerplay looks like without Jagr. We know nothing about this team without Jagr as the centerpiece.

I'd rather learn all of that sooner rather than later. Let's get a head-start on the next era.

As much as I've wanted to see Jagr lift the cup in a Rangers jersey, I'd rather focus on making sure that someone lifts the cup in a Rangers jersey.

And to do that I believe we need to start assessing what roles our current players can play in the future.

this i agree with

Closed Thread