HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

2008-2009 Sabres Salary/Cap Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2008, 07:48 PM
  #1
TehDoak
General Zad
 
TehDoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 16,513
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
2008-2009 Sabres Salary/Cap Thread

I'll try to keep this updated on a semi regular basis. As of right now:



Last edited by TehDoak: 07-19-2008 at 07:48 AM.
TehDoak is offline  
Old
06-30-2008, 07:55 PM
  #2
Tra La La
Registered User
 
Tra La La's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Buffalo, New York
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,715
vCash: 500
That'll be very handy!

Tra La La is offline  
Old
06-30-2008, 07:59 PM
  #3
Vito_81
Registered User
 
Vito_81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,107
vCash: 500
As is, it looks like we're down to around 4.5 million of actual payroll to deal with. Things get much roomier with Max and/or Al moved.

Vito_81 is offline  
Old
06-30-2008, 08:07 PM
  #4
ColonelForbin
Registered User
 
ColonelForbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,147
vCash: 500
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242101&l...=secStory_main

"Sources tell TSN that the Anaheim Ducks are close to signing forward Corey Perry to a multi-year contract similar to the one that Ryan Getzlaf signed last season worth approximately $5.325 million per season."

What does that mean for Pominville? League Max?

Perry
2006-07 ANH GP82 17 27 44
2007-08 ANH GP70 29 25 54

Pominville
2006-07 BUF GP82 34 34 68
2007-08 BUF GP82 27 53 80

ColonelForbin is offline  
Old
06-30-2008, 08:16 PM
  #5
Selanne00008
Registered User
 
Selanne00008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NYC - UES
Posts: 3,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
I'll try to keep this updated on a semi regular basis. As of right now:


I thought miller would be a RFA after this coming year. Shouldn't his excel file cell be BLUE?

Selanne00008 is offline  
Old
06-30-2008, 08:21 PM
  #6
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com
 
Buffalo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Rochester
Posts: 7,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242101&l...=secStory_main

"Sources tell TSN that the Anaheim Ducks are close to signing forward Corey Perry to a multi-year contract similar to the one that Ryan Getzlaf signed last season worth approximately $5.325 million per season."

What does that mean for Pominville? League Max?

Perry
2006-07 ANH GP82 17 27 44
2007-08 ANH GP70 29 25 54

Pominville
2006-07 BUF GP82 34 34 68
2007-08 BUF GP82 27 53 80
We've been over this a bunch of times comparing guys who are younger and have a lot of potential to Poms. Perry could be just as valuable as Poms, if not more so, given 2-3 years. So no, this does not mean league max for Pominville, it means pretty much what I'm expecting, 5.5-6 mil.

Buffalo87 is offline  
Old
06-30-2008, 08:23 PM
  #7
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com
 
Buffalo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Rochester
Posts: 7,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
I thought miller would be a RFA after this coming year. Shouldn't his excel file cell be BLUE?
No, he'll be a UFA. Hence, yellow.

Buffalo87 is offline  
Old
06-30-2008, 08:29 PM
  #8
Selanne00008
Registered User
 
Selanne00008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NYC - UES
Posts: 3,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
No, he'll be a UFA. Hence, yellow.
ahh, then I stand corrected. Thought he and Miller were in the same boat. So one becoes RFA, the other UFA

Selanne00008 is offline  
Old
06-30-2008, 08:35 PM
  #9
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 20,294
vCash: 500
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=BUF


This one is based on info from NHLSCAP.com and updates automatically as players are signed

Afino is offline  
Old
06-30-2008, 08:40 PM
  #10
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=BUF


This one is based on info from NHLSCAP.com and updates automatically as players are signed
I was going to post a link to that as well but I didn't want to ruin Doak's fun

joshjull is offline  
Old
06-30-2008, 08:45 PM
  #11
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,221
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=BUF


This one is based on info from NHLSCAP.com and updates automatically as players are signed
There is also www.nhlnumbers.com

vcv is online now  
Old
07-04-2008, 04:17 PM
  #12
TehDoak
General Zad
 
TehDoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 16,513
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Updated with Rivet, Lalime.

TehDoak is offline  
Old
07-04-2008, 04:21 PM
  #13
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!
 
BUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 17,521
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
so we have 2.5ish plus any salary we can dump (Max @3.3)

thats 5.8 to work with

__________________






BUCKSHOT is online now  
Old
07-11-2008, 02:14 PM
  #14
sabresfan65
Vote for Teppo!
 
sabresfan65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 1,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT View Post
so we have 2.5ish plus any salary we can dump (Max @3.3)

thats 5.8 to work with
Actually we have about 100,000 to work with plus any salary we can dump. Actual salary is about 49.9, cap hit is 47.5. 50 mil actual salary is where they want to be.

100,000 to sign paille and macarther and whoever replaces the salary we dump.

sabresfan65 is offline  
Old
07-11-2008, 03:06 PM
  #15
Kruschiki
Registered User
 
Kruschiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 13,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan65 View Post
Actually we have about 100,000 to work with plus any salary we can dump. Actual salary is about 49.9, cap hit is 47.5. 50 mil actual salary is where they want to be.

100,000 to sign paille and macarther and whoever replaces the salary we dump.
They'll be over. They also need to sign another dman or promote Weber, they currently only have 6, though it's possible they'll start the season like that.

Kruschiki is offline  
Old
07-11-2008, 03:58 PM
  #16
XweekendwarriorX
 
XweekendwarriorX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Buffalo,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan65 View Post
Actually we have about 100,000 to work with plus any salary we can dump. Actual salary is about 49.9, cap hit is 47.5. 50 mil actual salary is where they want to be.

100,000 to sign paille and macarther and whoever replaces the salary we dump.
Thats if you go by the actual salary. i think they will spend 50 mill to the cap hit but who knows with this bunch we have.

XweekendwarriorX is offline  
Old
07-11-2008, 04:10 PM
  #17
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,221
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by XweekendwarriorX View Post
Thats if you go by the actual salary. i think they will spend 50 mill to the cap hit but who knows with this bunch we have.
Actually we do know, because both Larry Quinn and Darcy Regier have stated they will be spending about $50M in actual salary. Considering they are not close to the cap and they have a limited budget, cap hit is of little concern.

vcv is online now  
Old
07-16-2008, 06:15 PM
  #18
Jame
Dream '16
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 32,398
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
with Paille and Mac it looks like we are at around 49 mil. We have a full roster of 23 players with 7 D, 14 F, 2 G .

Im betting this is the roster we see on opening night.

Jame is offline  
Old
07-16-2008, 07:24 PM
  #19
Kruschiki
Registered User
 
Kruschiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 13,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
with Paille and Mac it looks like we are at around 49 mil. We have a full roster of 23 players with 7 D, 14 F, 2 G .

Im betting this is the roster we see on opening night.
Do you have Weber on the starting roster? Is MacArthur in Portland or Buffalo?

Kruschiki is offline  
Old
07-16-2008, 08:42 PM
  #20
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,221
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblio View Post
Do you have Weber on the starting roster? Is MacArthur in Portland or Buffalo?
With 14 forwards (Including MacArthur and Kaleta), 7 defencemen (Paetsch and Weber) and 2 goalies, we're at $51,619,400.

That's assuming MacArthur gets $700K even.

I doubt they keep up a full roster, so I imagine at least $500K will be coming off the books.

vcv is online now  
Old
07-16-2008, 09:48 PM
  #21
Jame
Dream '16
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 32,398
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblio View Post
Do you have Weber on the starting roster? Is MacArthur in Portland or Buffalo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
With 14 forwards (Including MacArthur and Kaleta), 7 defencemen (Paetsch and Weber) and 2 goalies, we're at $51,619,400.

That's assuming MacArthur gets $700K even.

I doubt they keep up a full roster, so I imagine at least $500K will be coming off the books.
my mistake, i was looking at cap numbers.

MacArthur has to be in Buffalo, i believe he can't be sent down without clearing waivers.

Regier must be dying to move Afinogenov

Jame is offline  
Old
07-18-2008, 12:58 PM
  #22
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 37,166
vCash: 500
Doak, we need teh update for Miller!

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
07-18-2008, 01:05 PM
  #23
TehDoak
General Zad
 
TehDoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 16,513
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSlug View Post
Doak, we need teh update for Miller!
I vill get to it. I am sitting in Itasca, IL waiting for teh peoples to get things done.

Does anyone know anyone who works at the Rochester Weyerhaeuser plant? They have having issssuuues with their servers today.

TehDoak is offline  
Old
07-18-2008, 01:16 PM
  #24
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSlug View Post
Doak, we need teh update for Miller!
I'll help the Doakster out

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.p...UF&season=0809

joshjull is offline  
Old
07-18-2008, 01:42 PM
  #25
Kruschiki
Registered User
 
Kruschiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 13,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Time to bump up max_user_connections nhlnumbers...

Kruschiki is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.