HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Prospect Stats: 2007-08: Part II

Old
04-19-2008, 03:05 AM
Thresher

vCash: 500
The Thunder squandered a 3-0 lead and lost 4-3 in OT

oh the horror - what kind of team blows an early 3-0 lead!?

They now trail 3-1 in their best-of-seven series with Las Vegas. Game 5 will be in Stockton. Game 6 & 7 will be in LV.

Thresher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Cerebral

Stockton managed to pick up a 6-3 win tonight to make the series 3-2 for Las Vegas. Ryan O'Marra had a massive game picking up 1 goal and 3 assists. He also fired 7 shots on net, picked up a 2 minute roughing penalty and finished the game at +4. He now has 8 points in 5 post-season games!

Goulet had an equally fantastic game scoring 3 goals and 1 assist. Micflikier finished with 1 goal and 4 assists as well.

04-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
Stockton managed to pick up a 6-3 win tonight to make the series 3-2 for Las Vegas. Ryan O'Marra had a massive game picking up 1 goal and 3 assists. He also fired 7 shots on net, picked up a 2 minute roughing penalty and finished the game at +4. He now has 8 points in 5 post-season games!

Goulet had an equally fantastic game scoring 3 goals and 1 assist. Micflikier finished with 1 goal and 4 assists as well.
Equally fantastic??? Hattrick and an assist is more impressive than 1-3-4 IMO. Goulet is a guy that could end up in the big show with a ton of hard work over the next season or 2. Great to see Goulet and O'Marra doing so well. Any points for Bisaillon??? I never saw Sebastien after he returned from his injury, so I'm not sure how rusty he is.

04-20-2008, 11:38 PM
OmegaTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Equally fantastic??? Hattrick and an assist is more impressive than 1-3-4 IMO. Goulet is a guy that could end up in the big show with a ton of hard work over the next season or 2. Great to see Goulet and O'Marra doing so well. Any points for Bisaillon??? I never saw Sebastien after he returned from his injury, so I'm not sure how rusty he is.
Unfortunately no, and he had a +/- rating of even.

OmegaTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 12:42 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
After talking with one of the players, expect MicFlick's point total for the game to eventually be 6... sounds like he was in on the other goal to but it has to be changed to show it (which it will, according to the player I just spoke with).

6 point night, that's a biggie.

04-21-2008, 12:45 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
After talking with one of the players, expect MicFlick's point total for the game to eventually be 6... sounds like he was in on the other goal to but it has to be changed to show it (which it will, according to the player I just spoke with).

6 point night, that's a biggie.
MicFlikier is good enough to be a scorer at the AHL level. He's proven that he's basically too good for the ECHL.

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Thresher

MicFlikier looks like a little kid hugging Goulet

from the article:
Still Hope for Thunder

Quote:
The Wranglers rallied, but the Thunder shut out Las Vegas in the final period while scoring on goals by center Ryan O'Marra and Goulet, who put the puck into an empty net with 2:02 left in the game to entice the fans to throw a bunch of hats on the ice.

"I didn't know it was the first hat trick in the playoffs, that makes it special. But the important thing is we won a game we just had to win," Goulet said.
Game 6, tomorrow at 7:05pm in Las Vegas

Old
04-22-2008, 01:32 PM
GMofOilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChokeOnOil View Post
To be fair to Plante, all reports of his last game were good. No one was really saying he messed up badly; I don't understand this scratch. Come on now.
Well the only thing i can say is this..... Plantes game on Thursday night was alright. Where the Hitmen lost the game was the hurricanes 3 for 4 on the pp, or 3 for something and it wasnt many. Plante doesnt kill penalties. So they inserted a pk player in Mercer and took out Plante.

GMofOilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 03:59 PM
hemmer_forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thresher View Post

from the article:
Still Hope for Thunder

Hey, thanks for keeping us up to date on the Thunder. I went on the thunder board recently an all the fans seem really Ecstatic about the team and doesn't seem like anyone is disbelieving the Thunder can't come back and beat Vegas. I can't beleive the oilers were lucky enough to get the Thunder as there affiliate. If things don't work out in Springfeild, I definatley think the Oilers should move their dormant AHL franchise there but keeping the Thunder name, if that's even possible. They definately deserve some higher calibre hockey.

hemmer_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Thresher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemmer_forever View Post
Hey, thanks for keeping us up to date on the Thunder. I went on the thunder board recently an all the fans seem really Ecstatic about the team and doesn't seem like anyone is disbelieving the Thunder can't come back and beat Vegas.
The games have all been incredibly close, so I can understand the optimism

The Thunder snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, twice:

[game 1] W Stockton Thunder 4 at Las Vegas Wranglers 2
[game 2] L Stockton Thunder 4 at Las Vegas Wranglers 5
[game 3] L Las Vegas Wranglers 3 at Stockton Thunder 2 (LV scores twice in final minute)
[game 4] L Las Vegas Wranglers 4 at Stockton Thunder 3 (STK squanders 3-0 lead, lose in final minute of 1st OT)
[game 5] W Las Vegas Wranglers 3 at Stockton Thunder 6 (STK top line of Goulet-O'Marra-MicFlikier start clicking)

tonight
[game 6] Stockton Thunder at Las Vegas Wranglers, 10:05 p.m. ET

Old
04-22-2008, 09:10 PM
OmegaTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thresher View Post

from the article:
Still Hope for Thunder

Ha, that's funny.

Well, here's to the Thunder having a game 7.

Old
04-22-2008, 09:24 PM
ChokeOnOil
i hate my team

Man the Thunder Whites are sexy.

ChokeOnOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 11:07 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

We need to get Plante away from the Hitmen. I don't believe he's being put in a position to succeed, whether he struggled early or not.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Cerebral

Alas, Stockton is down 3-0 with 10 minutes left in the third.

Cerebral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2008, 11:21 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

3-1, isn't it?

ECHL website says Goulet scored.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 02:27 PM
smokersarejokers

Did anyone watch the Hitmen Hurricanes Games 3 and 4? Too bad the Hitmen got swept, but it sounds like Lethbridge had a lot more depth. Anyways, I just wanted to know how Plante looked in the games in Lethbridge.

smokersarejokers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2008, 02:44 PM
GMofOilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokersarejokers View Post
Did anyone watch the Hitmen Hurricanes Games 3 and 4? Too bad the Hitmen got swept, but it sounds like Lethbridge had a lot more depth. Anyways, I just wanted to know how Plante looked in the games in Lethbridge.
Ummm he looked like Plante, im not a Plante hater its just he doesnt look that great this year. Heres to a summer of hard work and dedication and he will be back next year with alot more ice time as Seabrook, Alzner, Mercer, Postma are all gone this year.

GMofOilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Thresher

ECHL update

There is currently a verbal agreement with Edmonton to continue the affiliation

From the Stockton Record:
THUNDER: SEASON RECAP
Quote:
Kevin Prendergast, the Oilers' vice president of hockey operations, said the NHL franchise will be making adjustments, including a plan to enlarge the player pool.

"I think part of the (problem) is we thought we put enough good players in (Stockton) to carry the team, but when the injuries started, there wasn't anything left to fill those spots," Prendergast said. "We plan to bring more guys to training camp and have more guys in the system. We'll try to make sure we place some extra players in there next year to add more depth to every position to make sure we don't run into the same situation again."

Old
04-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Bertjk

Looks like Chorney is going to sign

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...f-01d2246dc00d

On another front, the Oilers will likely sign one of their prize prospects, U of North Dakota defenceman Taylor Chorney, in the next week or two. Chorney, a puck-mover and former captain of the U.S. world junior squad, who sprained his knee in the Frozen Four semifinal, will likely start in Springfield next year.

Bertjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 11:07 AM
OmegaTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertjk View Post
Looks like Chorney is going to sign

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...f-01d2246dc00d

On another front, the Oilers will likely sign one of their prize prospects, U of North Dakota defenceman Taylor Chorney, in the next week or two. Chorney, a puck-mover and former captain of the U.S. world junior squad, who sprained his knee in the Frozen Four semifinal, will likely start in Springfield next year.
Awesome! I sure hope they get it done soon.

Old
04-30-2008, 12:49 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkHorse View Post
Awesome! I sure hope they get it done soon.
Me too. I think his injury means he is almost for sure looking at the AHL next season, as he won't have a full summer to train. But I am still looking forward to seeing what he can do in camp.

Although I also wouldn't be surprised if he was a target in a draft day package deal. His name has been bandied around the rumour mill before, and we do have a lot of depth in our D prospects. He's going to be a good NHLer one day, maybe for us, maybe someone else, but he will definitely be a solid player for someone.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2008, 04:57 PM
OmegaTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Me too. I think his injury means he is almost for sure looking at the AHL next season, as he won't have a full summer to train. But I am still looking forward to seeing what he can do in camp.

Although I also wouldn't be surprised if he was a target in a draft day package deal. His name has been bandied around the rumour mill before, and we do have a lot of depth in our D prospects. He's going to be a good NHLer one day, maybe for us, maybe someone else, but he will definitely be a solid player for someone.
Agreed, although Iím a little worried about how the development process the in AHL will go (assuming thatís what happens) if Buchberger remains as head coach..

Old
06-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Lowetide

Unstuck.

Lowetide is offline   Reply With Quote