HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time to cut out the "woe is us" attitude

Old
06-30-2008, 11:06 PM
GSC

vCash: 500
Time to cut out the "woe is us" attitude

TSN added "With Kings" to the title of the Lubo "I'm Disappointed" headline. Everyone can fricking rest easy. It's become more than apparent to me that it's time to stop the bickering over the slights from the Eastern media.

I swear, some folks live for every little chance to jump on what might be construed as a slight on Edmonton. By doing this, you only perpetuate the inferiority complex. Quit the whining about the Eastern media, we know they're not always objective with the Oilers but that's just the way it is. It reminds me of the Revs. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson jumping all over every little remark made by...well, you get the idea.

Let the Oilers do the talking by making signings and keeping the core together, that's the best way to shut up the likes of the TO media.

GSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 11:14 PM
Toes

I agree with you man. I live in Edmonton and i think that we're overreacting. There is no "BIG" conspiracy in the media and the NHL against us. Get over it, it was probably a grammatical or technical error. If someone says "Oh, no one wants to pay in Edmonton" comment back by saying "It's pretty obvious that people want to play in Edmonton as there is 20 people currently on the roster and no one is stoning up when Calgary look like they are going to draft them."

Toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Jek McPorkins
Red Six

vCash: 610
We're the James Dean of the new NHL. Embrace it.

Jek McPorkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 11:34 PM
OmegaTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Ed 16 View Post
We're the James Dean of the new NHL. Embrace it.
Dude, you have inspired me.

OmegaTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 11:36 PM
rigger

You won't hear a billionaire use the woe is me approach and I highly doubt he would wants his executives doing the same.

They are now winners, they will think, act and live that way.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 02:04 AM
Tad McMikowsky
Retired

Agreed!

We are on the rise, why should we continue to dwell ?

We'll be good, if not great, sometime soon. Future is so bright i think we'll need shades.

Tad McMikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 02:15 AM
CorpseFX

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowCrowe View Post
It reminds me of the Revs. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson jumping all over every little remark made by...
a-historical dumb *****? i agree.

TSN is actually cheesy enough to create cute tongue-in-cheek headlines to manufacture controversy. "its just business for website hits." its also bush league. why did they even post it as some big disappointment anyhow? who the hell isnt disappointed when theyre traded other than Joe Thornton and Chris Pronger? Stoll and Greene said they were slightly disappointed too but Visnovsky's broken english and tone just sounded that much more dramatic to make it a skewed story. manufacturing/intensifying controversy from "objective" journalism is hilarious. "oh, our original title was a tad too skewed? we'll fix the flash file tomorrow. TEEHEE."

when i first seen the story title up there i was like "wuh oh, this doesnt sound good at all." as if Lubo was disappointed he was coming to a situation he didnt want to be in. typical non-objective, out of context journalism to latch readers in for the soap opera.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 02:20 AM
Heist

Perfectly stated. Compare the number of guys that have not wanted to play in Edmonton to those that have left the city crying or upset to be traded and have publicly vouched that it's a great place to live.

Heist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 02:35 AM
MrOiler

The guys who left Edmonton all did it for the wrong reasons:

a) for the $
b) they were ball-less

Who cares if they left? Read the sig.

MrOiler is offline   Reply With Quote