HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

NHL.com Sangs article

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2008, 03:30 PM
  #1
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
NHL.com Sangs article

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=367212

looks like this kid is ready to get into the NHL....

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 03:38 PM
  #2
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=367212

looks like this kid is ready to get into the NHL....
i cant open the article because my computer at work wont let me, what is it saying?

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 03:40 PM
  #3
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,852
vCash: 500
It would be awesome if he could somehow crack the lineup.

But i think he'll need some AHL seasoning first.

I'm really looking forward to seeing him in some preseason games.

I positive he'll get at least that far.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 03:41 PM
  #4
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Nice little article. I really like his confidence and enthusiasm, and that he's doing all he can to make the team out of camp.

Who knows, maybe he'll surprise like Staal did.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 03:44 PM
  #5
silverfish
Comfortably Numb
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 14,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
i cant open the article because my computer at work wont let me, what is it saying?
Basically that he's ready for whatever the Rangers throw at him whether it be a stint in the AHL (most likely) or an immediate call up to the big club.

The article also praises how far his game has come along in the defensive end, and that he's gained 22 lbs since being drafted (he's now at 192)

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 03:56 PM
  #6
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Nice little article. I really like his confidence and enthusiasm, and that he's doing all he can to make the team out of camp.

Who knows, maybe he'll surprise like Staal did.
true if gets ice time during preseason and does well, especially helping the PP i think Sang will make the team out of camp. In San Jose Vlasic made the NHL as a 19 year old so it is not uncommon.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 04:07 PM
  #7
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind seeing:

Staal - Roszival / UFA pickup
Girardi - Sanguinetti
Tyutin - Backman / Mara / UFA pickup

Yes, I split Tyutin and Girardi because I thought they didn't really improve on the previous year last season. You can always put 'em back together if it doesn't work

(In all reality though, Sanguinetti will not see that much ice time)

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 04:26 PM
  #8
boxcar
we want MOORE
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: DC
Country: United States
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=ThirdEye;14630160]
Yes, I split Tyutin and Girardi because I thought they didn't really improve on the previous year last season. QUOTE]

I respectfully disagree. They were a force in the first part of the season. Especially out of the gate when they were clearly NYs 1/2 d men. IMO, both of those guys tailed off towards the end & in the playoffs because they were out of gas. The ice time was a big jump last season, for Girardi especially. I think they will come back very strong for NY this season.

If Sangs is ready? Wow, that would be great. Sign 1/2 UFA's D (orpic) = a happy fan

boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 04:55 PM
  #9
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=boxcar;14630487]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Yes, I split Tyutin and Girardi because I thought they didn't really improve on the previous year last season. QUOTE]

I respectfully disagree. They were a force in the first part of the season. Especially out of the gate when they were clearly NYs 1/2 d men. IMO, both of those guys tailed off towards the end & in the playoffs because they were out of gas. The ice time was a big jump last season, for Girardi especially. I think they will come back very strong for NY this season.

If Sangs is ready? Wow, that would be great. Sign 1/2 UFA's D (orpic) = a happy fan
I hope so. I really didn't like what I saw at the end of the season there, especially with Tyutin.

Sanguinetti and Mara won't be so bad, but I doubt Mara is coming back. Hopefully we land someone a little more solid like Orpik

I would put Girardi and Sanguinetti on one of the power play units for sure though. Girardi found some offense last season and has a pretty darn good shot. And Sanguinetti... hopefully will speak for himself

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 06:52 PM
  #10
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,047
vCash: 500
You liked what you saw of Tyutin at the end of the season? His play disappointed me...


Even if Sanguinetti can only elevate his defensive game to that of being slightly above average, he'll still be a big asset to this team with his superior offensive abilities....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 07:48 PM
  #11
Turambar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
[quote=ThirdEye;14630992]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post

I hope so. I really didn't like what I saw at the end of the season there, especially with Tyutin.

Sanguinetti and Mara won't be so bad, but I doubt Mara is coming back. Hopefully we land someone a little more solid like Orpik

I would put Girardi and Sanguinetti on one of the power play units for sure though. Girardi found some offense last season and has a pretty darn good shot. And Sanguinetti... hopefully will speak for himself
I disagree re: a Mara/Sanguinetti pairing. You don't want to stick Sangs with a guy who is also more of an offensive defenseman, he should be put with a guy who is defensively responsible.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 03:54 AM
  #12
shon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 450
vCash: 500
if they really were smart , He would benefit from playing in Hartford for at least half the season. I still think Staal would have benefited from some time in Hartford. It is more of a confidence builder. Not saying that either of them don't have the skill but to put these young kids in the NHL on d could be a gamble.

shon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:16 AM
  #13
Celestial Black
Registered User
 
Celestial Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,824
vCash: 500
Yeah I checked it out earlier today. I hope he plays next season. I want our young players to fill the gaps we have, not most of the garbage in the UFA market.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:17 AM
  #14
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0rac3 View Post
Yeah I checked it out earlier today. I hope he plays next season. I want our young players to fill the gaps we have, not most of the garbage in the UFA market.
We ALL want our young guys in the lineup - when they're ready for it, not because we have holes to fill.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:43 AM
  #15
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
He is very close, Although I can't see him making the team out of camp if the Rangers get the Puck moving defensemen we need.
I can see him being the first call uo if there is a lengthly injury to someone.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.