HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zipay: "major surprise coming out the Rangers HQ today"

Old
07-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
even if we dealt dubinsky , im sorry but after a good rookie year i think dubinsky can turn into our trevor linden like he was for the canucks. dubinsky like staal is untouchable, but if leafs wanted tyutin prucha 1st for kaberle, id do that, doubt the leafs would.
Dude, I know you've got a ton of man-love for Dubi and all, but all I said was 'If we landed Kaberle..' I never said anything about what players I'd ship off.

Everytime someone mentions Dubi being traded, you come in and start plastering 's all over the place. We get it. Relax.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
I thought he was avg. But again do you want $4mil going to your#5 or #6 dman. That is the big question. Say this is our defense (very realistic):

Staal-Redden
Girardi-Tyutin
Backman-Orpik

do you realize taht our 3rd pairing would take up the most cap room. Unless Redden gets over $6mil.

to me that is horrible cap management.
I'm not saying I like the idea of paying him that much, but its the way the market is right now. I'd personally give Commodore a hard look if we're trying to get Sundin, Redden and Jagr as well. Cheaper, plays the same game and has more playoff experience.

That being said, theres nothing saying he has to be our 6th d-man. In fact, once Sanguinetti comes up, I'd imagine the D would look like this:

Staal - Redden
Orpik - Sanguinetti
Tyutin - Girardi
Potter

Just because he is likely to be #6 this year (which isn't a guarantee by any means), doesn't mean thats always going to be the case.

Old
07-01-2008, 10:36 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'm not saying I like the idea of paying him that much, but its the way the market is right now. I'd personally give Commodore a hard look if we're trying to get Sundin, Redden and Jagr as well. Cheaper, plays the same game and has more playoff experience.

That being said, theres nothing saying he has to be our 6th d-man. In fact, once Sanguinetti comes up, I'd imagine the D would look like this:

Staal - Redden
Orpik - Sanguinetti
Tyutin - Girardi
Potter

Just because he is likely to be #6 this year (which isn't a guarantee by any means), doesn't mean thats always going to be the case.

do you honestly think that Sangs will just step up into a second line pairing. he isn't going to adjust to the NHL as flawlessly as Staal. His d zone coverage just isn't nearly as polished. he will need more time on lower lines than staal.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
do you honestly think that Sangs will just step up into a second line pairing. he isn't going to adjust to the NHL as flawlessly as Staal. His d zone coverage just isn't nearly as polished. he will need more time on lower lines than staal.
Actually I do. I don't think it will be this year, but next year I'd expect to see him earn a spot on the roster. I think people are writing-off Sanguinetti's skill quite a bit. Nobody was expecting Staal to jump into the NHL and be a first pairing guy by the end of the year. I don't think it's unreasonable to take a guy like Sangs, who seems to have a very good understanding of where he is in terms of development, and expect him to be a 2nd pairing guy when he comes into the NHL.

But even if he doesn't, I'd feel much more comfortable about any defensive mishaps he might have if he was paired with a stay-at-home guy like Orpik.

Old
07-01-2008, 10:46 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Actually I do. I don't think it will be this year, but next year I'd expect to see him earn a spot on the roster. I think people are writing-off Sanguinetti's skill quite a bit. Nobody was expecting Staal to jump into the NHL and be a first pairing guy by the end of the year. I don't think it's unreasonable to take a guy like Sangs, who seems to have a very good understanding of where he is in terms of development, and expect him to be a 2nd pairing guy when he comes into the NHL.

But even if he doesn't, I'd feel much more comfortable about any defensive mishaps he might have if he was paired with a stay-at-home guy like Orpik.
oh ok. I thought you were talking about this upcoming season. Still I think he will play at least a half year on the bottom pairing. He could very well jump up to the second pairing though by mid first year. I'm just not counting on it.

Old
07-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Fletch

trx...

personally, I thought Staal deserved a longer look as an 18 year old, but wasn't given one because the team was mostly set and was focusing on the vets jelling and getting out the kinks so the team can get off to a good start as opposed to watching an 18 year old going through growing pains. Personally, I thought he'd do well in the NHL last season (although would not have been upset if he started in HFD since I didn't see the rush as the team had options at that point). First pair may've been a stretch for me, but I thought he could play in the NHL. I don't think that about Sangs. You talk about his skill, and I assume that would mean his ability to put up points, but he didn't do that for HFD, so I'm not expecting him to do it in NY for a while now. I'd be surprised to see him in the NHL next season (perhaps the same boat as you - but I'm not sure about a second pair just yet).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:51 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Dude, I know you've got a ton of man-love for Dubi and all, but all I said was 'If we landed Kaberle..' I never said anything about what players I'd ship off.

Everytime someone mentions Dubi being traded, you come in and start plastering 's all over the place. We get it. Relax.
if we had more powerforwards in the system then i can deal dubinsky but we dont, we got a bunch of 3rd and 4th liners, and a bunch of small wingers. dubinsky also has size at the forward position which we need as well. other than Dubinsky and betts, not alot of size.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:55 AM
nyrangers23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
if we had more powerforwards in the system then i can deal dubinsky but we dont, we got a bunch of 3rd and 4th liners, and a bunch of small wingers. dubinsky also has size at the forward position which we need as well. other than Dubinsky and betts, not alot of size.
does callahan know how you feel about dubi?? is he worried you might change your name to dubi57.
dont worry he is not going anywhere. renney and sather both love the kid as much as yo do

nyrangers23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
You talk about his skill, and I assume that would mean his ability to put up points, but he didn't do that for HFD,
Oddly enough, he did that in his first stint with Hartford, just not last year. But it's such a small sample of games, it's hard to get any kind of real reading on it.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
personally, I thought Staal deserved a longer look as an 18 year old, but wasn't given one because the team was mostly set and was focusing on the vets jelling and getting out the kinks so the team can get off to a good start as opposed to watching an 18 year old going through growing pains. Personally, I thought he'd do well in the NHL last season (although would not have been upset if he started in HFD since I didn't see the rush as the team had options at that point). First pair may've been a stretch for me, but I thought he could play in the NHL. I don't think that about Sangs. You talk about his skill, and I assume that would mean his ability to put up points, but he didn't do that for HFD, so I'm not expecting him to do it in NY for a while now. I'd be surprised to see him in the NHL next season (perhaps the same boat as you - but I'm not sure about a second pair just yet).
I think his stint in HFD is too short to really draw many conclusions from it. That plays for both sides as I'm sure I could very well be overestimating Sanguinetti's abilities. However, I think he could be faced with a similar situation to Staal in that we do have other options for the defense, but we might want to give him a shot as opposed to resigning Backman for another contract. I think from Renney's comments at the prospect camp, they'll be giving him a serious chance even this fall, let alone next year. I highly doubt he makes it this year, but I think a full year in Hartford can have a lot of positive effects on the kid. I think he'll surprise a lot of us.

Old
07-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Dredden
JT Miller

If Sangs is possibly going to crack the line up next year why are we looking at Campbell/Redden or an Offensive D man?

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:08 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangernick23 View Post
If Sangs is possibly going to crack the line up next year why are we looking at Campbell/Redden or an Offensive D man?
Because he might not.

07-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangernick23 View Post
Because we still need to have defense on the ice this year.

Old
07-01-2008, 11:10 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Because we still need to have defense on the ice this year.
I agree, but I wouldn't go after Campbell. He'd be too much money for too many years. I'd prefer either expensive but short term solutions or cheaper long term solutions.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:10 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Bobby Sangs will get his day. This season would likely mean that Sather doesnt get his man today.

This thread is fun

So far I like the Pronger trade the best. Go get em Slats!

Changed up the Avatar for Noon

07-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
major surprises ehh?

After being cleared to play earlier today by doctors, the New York Rangers have signed veteran RW Pavel Bure to a 1 year, 6M contract to return to Broadway and replace the hole left by Jaromir Jagr, who signed a 4 year deal to return to the Washington Capitols.

Filling the hole left by UFA super pest Sean Avery, the New York Rangers today announced they have come to terms with veteran Theoren Fleury. This will be Fleury's second stop in Manhattan after losing his mind during the first.

Seeking some veteran help between the pipes, the New York Rangers didn't have to look far. Only up. President and General Manager Glen Sather today announced that the team has come to an agreement with Rangers Legend Mike Richter to back up Henrik Lundquist through the 08/09 campaign. The move comes after last season's backup, 6 foot 6 Stephen Valiquette left the team to take on an assistant coach role with the New York Islanders. "We've been talking to Mike the past few weeks after watching what Chris Osgood was able to do with Detroit.. He says he feels good. And we feel good having an established winning goaltender in net to help ease the workload off of Hank" Sather stated over the phone when contacted.

Prucha-Gomez-Bure
Fleury-Drury-Dawes
Korpi-Dubinsky-Callahan
Jessiman-Betts-Sjostrom

Staal-Rosival
Girardi-Redden
Tyutin-Sanguinetti

Lundquist
Richter

Theoren Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoren Fan View Post
After being cleared to play earlier today by doctors, the New York Rangers have signed veteran RW Pavel Bure to a 1 year, 6M contract to return to Broadway and replace the hole left by Jaromir Jagr, who signed a 4 year deal to return to the Washington Capitols.

Filling the hole left by UFA super pest Sean Avery, the New York Rangers today announced they have come to terms with veteran Theoren Fleury. This will be Fleury's second stop in Manhattan after losing his mind during the first.

Seeking some veteran help between the pipes, the New York Rangers didn't have to look far. Only up. President and General Manager Glen Sather today announced that the team has come to an agreement with Rangers Legend Mike Richter to back up Henrik Lundquist through the 08/09 campaign. The move comes after last season's backup, 6 foot 6 Stephen Valiquette left the team to take on an assistant coach role with the New York Islanders. "We've been talking to Mike the past few weeks after watching what Chris Osgood was able to do with Detroit.. He says he feels good. And we feel good having an established winning goaltender in net to help ease the workload off of Hank" Sather stated over the phone when contacted.

Prucha-Gomez-Bure
Fleury-Drury-Dawes
Korpi-Dubinsky-Callahan
Jessiman-Betts-Sjostrom

Staal-Rosival
Girardi-Redden
Tyutin-Sanguinetti

Lundquist
Richter
what is tavares's jersey size?

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:33 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoren Fan View Post

Prucha-Gomez-Bure
Fleury-Drury-Dawes
Korpi-Dubinsky-Callahan
Jessiman-Betts-Sjostrom

Staal-Rosival
Girardi-Redden
Tyutin-Sanguinetti

Lundquist
Richter

Beat me by a minute! I was going to add that his new titanium knee was twice as strong as his previous knee was in his prime.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:34 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I'm feeling that still, gloomy, and mysterious presence you get before a hurricane hits.

Half hour to go.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
From Dellapina:

Quote:
I spoke with Jagr upon his arrival back in New York last night. And one thing is clear amid his confusion about his situation: He doesnít want to leave or he would be in Omsk by now.

Of course, he also has no interest in being signed to a bargain contract that diminishes his stature within the team. Thatís why it has come to this - the Rangers have yet to offer him more than a one-year deal that totals $6 million in salary and bonuses. Still, donít expect him to jump at the first lucrative offer that comes his way this afternoon.

Ditto for Avery, whose love for New York is unabashed, and Rozsival, who badly wants to remain a Ranger. Iíd be surprised if all three donít at least give Glen Sather a chance to match whatever best offers they receive. And if Sather doesnít have his hooks into any of the few possible replacements available, he might just have to swallow his negotiatorís pride and re-sign one or all.

At any rate, while it is difficult to imagine Marian Hossa or Brian Campbell remaining on the market for more than a few hours, the Rangers could well be going at this for the next couple of days.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:36 AM
The Thomas J.*

Bure has been working out & he is coming back......not Pavel, Valeri.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:39 AM
mti79

Rangers GM Glen Sather has announced that the team feels it has solidified the defense with the signings of Marek Malik and Darius Kasparitis. "We're going to try Malik out on the point of the PP. We feel we never gave him the chance to excel there and after looking at tape and speaking with his mother, we can't believe we overlooked his talent. With Kaspar coming back, we have the physical aspect back in our lineup. I think the fans will be really excited to see this team play next year."

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
From Dellapina:
That kinda garbage pisses me off. Clearly the guy doesn't care about winning in NY, he just wants money to play here.

Old
07-01-2008, 11:43 AM
DontStepanMe

Nagy-sundin-Jagr
Drury-Gomez-Dawes
korps-Dubi-Cally
Sjo-Betss-Orr/byers

Staal-Redden
Girardi-Tyutin
Backman-Potter
Pock/Struds

get r done Slats

Old
07-01-2008, 11:46 AM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
That kinda garbage pisses me off. Clearly the guy doesn't care about winning in NY, he just wants money to play here.
This kind of garbage pisses ME off.

You've watched Jagr for 3 years now and you seriously think he doesn't care about winning?

I disagree with some of the stuff he's saying and doing, but the guy cared and wanted to win...

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote