HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade proposal MTL-EDM

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2004, 02:33 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit
Just a thought. How about,

To Montreal:
Brad Isbister
1st round draft pick (Phi)

To Edmonton:
Richard Zednik
3rd round pick (Mtl)

Mtl needs a talented LW with size.

If Nedved re-signs, Edm's biggest need is probably a scoring RW (unless Hemsky breaks out).
too much for montreal even if the 3rd is dropped

Old
06-04-2004, 02:42 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit
Just a thought. How about,

To Montreal:
Brad Isbister
1st round draft pick (Phi)

To Edmonton:
Richard Zednik
3rd round pick (Mtl)

Mtl needs a talented LW with size.

If Nedved re-signs, Edm's biggest need is probably a scoring RW (unless Hemsky breaks out).
I don't think Montreal would let Zednik go for Isbister and the 24th pick in a weak draft, let alone him and a 3rd. That would be a huge step back for Montreal. The only gritty winger who's able to score 30+ goals on an already pretty weak offensive team is, for the moment, priceless.

Old
06-04-2004, 03:09 PM
Chehabi

Send a message via AIM to Chehabi
hasnt reasoner cleared waivers?

Old
06-04-2004, 03:14 PM
RichardZednik#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chehabi
hasnt reasoner cleared waivers?
That doesn't mean anything. Garon also did and so did St-Louis. Maybe he did but it doesn't change anything now.

Old
06-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Master Lok

What position does Marcel Hossa play? According to Hockey Futures, he's a LW. How is he at Center? If he can play centre, what about trading players who might need a switch of organizations?

To Mtl: Jani Rita (LW)
To Edm: Marcel Hossa

Old
06-04-2004, 03:50 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
What position does Marcel Hossa play? According to Hockey Futures, he's a LW. How is he at Center? If he can play centre, what about trading players who might need a switch of organizations?

I'd be all for that trade, but nobody knows how Hossa would do at center in the pros as the organization converted him into a LWer as soon as he was drafted. He was a center in the juniors, but after that he played LW ever since.

Last edited by Munchausen: 06-04-2004 at 04:11 PM.
Old
06-04-2004, 04:31 PM
RichardZednik#20

He can play all 3 foward position. How effective would he be at center, probably ok but don't really know his face off abilitiy, that might be a problem really don't know.

Old
06-04-2004, 06:14 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69

Hossa was a center at Portland, where he had some good years with Josef Balej. But he's coming off a poor year in Hamilton, where he suffered from a lack of consistency and intensity. In the games I was at, Hossa looked like he'd rather be fishing then playing hockey, or doing anything but being on the ice.

If the Habs, or any team for that matter can find a way to make this kid shoot the puck a lot more, they will start going in, his shot is very good. He gets it off quick, and it's hard and accurate, but you wouldn't know it cause the guy just doesn't shoot enough at all, he usually always looks to pass first. But if he ever gets it going look out, he's big, strong, skates well, good speed, good on the boards, and a wick shot. But he's not very physical, doesn't always come to play, lacks confidence (my opinion) and he doesn't always work hard.

I can't see the Habs would take a chance on moving Hossa to get another problem in Rita. I've seen Rita a few times in Hamilton and I have a number of games on tape of Hamilton/Roadrunners, so I'd stay away from Rita. Both could turn out to be good players, or busts, but with Hossa's size/skill package, there's got to be a reason to move him and I don't think Rita would be worth the trouble. While it could pan out for us, I'd take Hossa's woes over Rita's woes.

Winchester would interest me though, as I got to see him several times at Wisconsin, or Matt Greene but I'm not talking about value wise cause only GM's really know what they would give up for a player and I'm not a gm.

Old
06-04-2004, 06:19 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I can't see the Habs would take a chance on moving Hossa to get another problem in Rita. I've seen Rita a few times in Hamilton and I have a number of games on tape of Hamilton/Roadrunners, so I'd stay away from Rita. Both could turn out to be good players, or busts, but with Hossa's size/skill package, there's got to be a reason to move him and I don't think Rita would be worth the trouble. While it could pan out for us, I'd take Hossa's woes over Rita's woes.

Winchester would interest me though, as I got to see him several times at Wisconsin, or Matt Greene but I'm not talking about value wise cause only GM's really know what they would give up for a player and I'm not a gm.
I think that's fair. And I'm sure the Oilers would take Rita's size/skill package over Hossa. It's a keep-what-you're-familiar-with situation. Like you said, there probably wouldn't be enough motivation for either team to do it.

Winchester could probably be a throw-in in certain deals, but I'm sure Greene would be very difficult to try to pry out of Edmonton.

Closed Thread