HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brooks Lastest Article - Jagr/Sundin + Lots More

Old
07-01-2008, 09:13 AM
FutureGM97

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I have a feeling this is going to be a baaaad day for the Rangers future.
me and you both NYC.....im excited but im afraid too

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:13 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I thought they couldn't do bonus contracts this year.
They can, but until the NHLPA agrees to extend the CBA, they will count against this year's cap. If/when the NHLPA extends the CBA to 2012, they can defer that cap hit (I think).

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:21 AM
SouvenirCity

If the Rangers were to sign Sundin, would that Guarantee a possible line combination of

??? - Sundin - Jagr
Drury - Gomez - Dawes
Korpi - Dubinsky - Callahan
Byers - Betts - Sjostrom

?

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:22 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouvenirCity View Post
If the Rangers were to sign Sundin, would that Guarantee a possible line combination of

??? - Sundin - Jagr
Drury - Gomez - Dawes
Byers - Betts - Sjostrom

?
looks beautiful.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:

??? - Sundin - Jagr
Drury - Gomez - Dawes
Byers - Betts - Sjostrom

?
Pretty much, yeah. I'd imagine Prucha's name will go in place of the '???' on the first line LW.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:33 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Pretty much, yeah. I'd imagine Prucha's name will go in place of the '???' on the first line LW.
I have that same feeling, but if Ani were Ready I just have a hunch that it would be a great place to learn. Especially since he would be learning from one of the best PF's ever, and would have virtually no pressure on him from the dmen as jagr and sundin would be facing all of it. I think it would be a perfect opportunity there. Of course he has to be ready.

Old
07-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Blueshirt Brawler

Streit is smoking serious hydro if he thinks he is going to get $3.5m per. The only way I'd give him that is on a two year deal. He's over 30 already and we have Bobby Sangs and Mike Del Zotto on the way.

I'm glad we are opting out of the Campbell sweepstakes but I worry about giving Orpik a 4 year, $20m deal. That is way too much for that guy. He is so overrated and everyone on here is drinking the Cool Aid about him. He honestly sucks. Pittsburgh isn't even making a strong offer to retain him because he was outplayed by Hal Gill in the playoffs. Orpik was a third pairing defenseman by the time the Finals rolled around.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
I have that same feeling, but if Ani were Ready I just have a hunch that it would be a great place to learn. Especially since he would be learning from one of the best PF's ever, and would have virtually no pressure on him from the dmen as jagr and sundin would be facing all of it. I think it would be a perfect opportunity there. Of course he has to be ready.
I agree that it would be a great place to learn, but I don't know if he's ready for 1st line minutes in the NHL. Renney said he needs to add 10-15 more pounds to have a real shot at making it out of camp, thats a tough order.

Old
07-01-2008, 09:51 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Ugh.

T minus 1 hour to liftoff...

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Brawler View Post
Streit is smoking serious hydro if he thinks he is going to get $3.5m per. The only way I'd give him that is on a two year deal. He's over 30 already and we have Bobby Sangs and Mike Del Zotto on the way.

I'm glad we are opting out of the Campbell sweepstakes but I worry about giving Orpik a 4 year, $20m deal. That is way too much for that guy. He is so overrated and everyone on here is drinking the Cool Aid about him. He honestly sucks. Pittsburgh isn't even making a strong offer to retain him because he was outplayed by Hal Gill in the playoffs. Orpik was a third pairing defenseman by the time the Finals rolled around.
So Pittsburgh plays Gonchar on their 3rd pairing and gives him 1st pairing minutes? Huh.. so THATS their secret to winning!

I don't quite understand where everyone is getting the idea that he sucks. How many of you actually watch Pittsburgh more than 8 times a year?

Old
07-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Blueshirt Brawler

Quote:
Renney said he needs to add 10-15 more pounds to have a real shot at making it out of camp, thats a tough order.
I think that was a backhanded way for Renney to say the kid needs at least another half season at Hartford. I don't think he'll make the Rangers out of camp unless he totally puts on a show during the preseason games.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Forechecker

10-15 lbs for a kid eating right and working out all summer shouldn't be that hard. The key will be his play once he's put that weight on. Also, if Artie does make the squad, that old argument about amount of TOI will come in to play (what's better more TOI in HFD or less in NYC?).

Old
07-01-2008, 10:00 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
I agree that it would be a great place to learn, but I don't know if he's ready for 1st line minutes in the NHL. Renney said he needs to add 10-15 more pounds to have a real shot at making it out of camp, thats a tough order.
yeah I know. but maybe Dub on the first as a wing and Ani on the third? I dunno. i just don't think Prucha deserves 1st line minutes, and personally think they need to shed his salary to open up a lil more cap room.

I know ani hasn't done anything yet to deserve 1st line minutes either but he is a PF prospect with a very high upside. I think his best way of development would actually be playing w/ a PF like Sundin, and another great forward like jagr. Both would teach him how to use his body, and keep control of the puck. Sorta like what Jagr did for Dubi last year. How to use his size to his advantage.

These are things that nobody else on the team could teach, b/c frankly everybody else on the team w/ the experience is much smaller.

Old
07-01-2008, 10:07 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
[QUOTE=Rags225;14642854]yeah I know. but maybe Dub on the first as a wing and Ani on the third? I dunno. i just don't think Prucha deserves 1st line minutes, and personally think they need to shed his salary to open up a lil more cap room.

I know ani hasn't done anything yet to deserve 1st line minutes either but he is a PF prospect with a very high upside. I think his best way of development would actually be playing w/ a PF like Sundin, and another great forward like jagr. Both would teach him how to use his body, and keep control of the puck. Sorta like what Jagr did for Dubi last year. How to use his size to his advantage.

These are things that nobody else on the team could teach, b/c frankly everybody else on the team w/ the experience is much smaller.[/QUOTE]

any big wingers that can actually play. we have too many small wingers. we need to add size this offseason.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
yeah I know. but maybe Dub on the first as a wing and Ani on the third? I dunno. i just don't think Prucha deserves 1st line minutes, and personally think they need to shed his salary to open up a lil more cap room.

These are things that nobody else on the team could teach, b/c frankly everybody else on the team w/ the experience is much smaller.
I've got to imagine Dubi being the 3rd line center if we bring in Jagr and Sundin. I like Dubi on the wing, but I don't think they'll move him there.

Also, I have to think that Jagr is going to have his pick of wingers from within the organization. He had a lot of success playing with Prucha, I think he'll give him another shot.

Old
07-01-2008, 10:13 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
I've got to imagine Dubi being the 3rd line center if we bring in Jagr and Sundin. I like Dubi on the wing, but I don't think they'll move him there.
agreed. just a thought though.

Quote:
Also, I have to think that Jagr is going to have his pick of wingers from within the organization. He had a lot of success playing with Prucha, I think he'll give him another shot.
unfortunately you are probably right... although maybe we could snag Nagy for a cheap 1 yr contract. He probably would do it b/c of injury problems. One good year and he could cash in big next year. it would be a win win.

Old
07-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
agreed. just a thought though.
Understandable. I think Dubi would make a great wing on this team.

Quote:
unfortunately you are probably right... although maybe we could snag Nagy for a cheap 1 yr contract. He probably would do it b/c of injury problems. One good year and he could cash in big next year. it would be a win win.
Love being right.

Old
07-01-2008, 10:32 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:

??? - Sundin - Jagr
Drury - Gomez - Dawes
Byers - Betts - Sjostrom

?

Prucha - Sundin - Jagr
Drury - Gomez - Dawes
Shanny - Betts - Sjostrom/Orr

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:46 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Prucha - Sundin - Jagr
Drury - Gomez - Dawes
Shanny - Betts - Sjostrom/Orr
Shanny is gone IMO. I certainly can't seem him coming back to play on our 4th line, even with added PK an PP minutes.

I think Dawes might get the nod over Prucha for the #1 line, unless we bring in someone else. Prucha couldn't even crack the lineup at the end of last year and he's not really a good fit with Jagr and Sundin IMO. He's not strong enough to play a cycle type game.

Dubi would be perfect on that line, but I don't think we'll see Anisimov up yet, so Dubi would probably center the 3rd line.

What might be an interesting experiment would be putting Byers on the 1st line. He's got the size and grit to play with Jagr and Sundin and he's pretty good in front of the net.

Of course, all of this is contingent on us actually signing Jagr and Sundin, so we'll have to wait and see.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Forechecker

Dellapina on NHL Live said that the Rangers were never interested in Sundin at the price he's asking.

Old
07-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Dellapina on NHL Live said that the Rangers were never interested in Sundin at the price he's asking.
He also said that alot of people in the Rangers organization are still very high on Prucha. Saying that Petr bit the bullet for 2 years while Shanny took his ice time, and that they think Prucha wasn't a one hit wonder.

Sundin and Jagr worry me if it's more than a year. I would love to see Prucha get a full season with 2nd line minutes at least and PP time. So if it is Sundin/Jagr then that leaves a gap for him to fill in, thats the only reason I wouldn't mind it.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 01:34 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
I have a feeling this is going to be a baaaad day for the Rangers future.
I agree. With the rumblings about Sundin, Jagr, and Rolston. All over 35 years old.

The whole point of signing Gomez and Drury was to build around THEM.

This reminds me a lot of the Messier era that just refused to end until it was becoming a nasty situation.

I will admit that the team would look decent, ON PAPER, but how many times have we heard that before. This is PRE-LOCKOUT mentality here. There is little to ZERO chance that Jagr, Sundin, and Rolston will accept one year deals. Can we just move on already?

We would, YET AGAIN, have 3 guys on the top 2 lines that are over 35 years old. Not including Drury who is 31.

This would assure that NO rookie has a snow ball's chance in hell to crack the top 6. Not to mention drop Dubinsky and Dawes back to the third line getting barely close to 15 minutes per night... GREAT for their deveopment....

And where does Korpikoski, who shows a lot of promise, go? 4th line?

C'mon, this is the same careless spending of old.

I could care less how they SAY they WANT them to one year deals, the truth is it WON'T happen, Jagr already said he still wants to be "the man" and have at least a two year deal... enough is enough.

Quote:
so you think that they are going to build around Gomez and Drury?
Apparently not, lol.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
I agree. With the rumblings about Sundin, Jagr, and Rolston. All over 35 years old.

The whole point of signing Gomez and Drury was to build around THEM.
does build around them mean signing no other established players? I'll bet if you asked Drury and Gomez if they'd rather be surrounded by Jagr and/or Sundin, or a bunch of kids, they'd pick option A.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 01:49 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
does build around them mean signing no other established players? I'll bet if you asked Drury and Gomez if they'd rather be surrounded by Jagr and/or Sundin, or a bunch of kids, they'd pick option A.
probably.

Old
07-01-2008, 01:54 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Unfortunately for these guys, they are PLAYERS. Not front office guys.

The minute you let the inmates control the prison, you have problems.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote