HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

(HF Story) No Summer Off For Bishai

Closed Thread

Old
05-31-2004, 04:34 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
(HF Story) No Summer Off For Bishai

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

I had the opportunity last Friday to have a leisurely lunch with centre Mike Bishai and the down to earth Oiler prospect was great to talk to again.

pass on your comments here. You tell me what you think of "Beesh" and what you think the future holds for him.

Old
05-31-2004, 04:49 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Great work again Guy!

I like that Bishai guy. He has heart and I like how he plays 1000% all the time. Put him on a line with Ethan and see who works harder

In terms of potential I think that after next year the Horcoff, Reasoner debate will be over and one of them will be moved leaving a potential 4th line spot for Mike behind Stoll. He is a good kid with tonnes of heart and I would like to see him get another shot if we have an opening. Needless to say, if there are any center injuries this year he'll likely get the call up.

And if he never gets another shot in the NHL that will be too bad, but he'll always be remembered for The Fight. He is a part of Oiler History now.

My hat off to you Mike.

Old
05-31-2004, 06:12 PM
momentai

I swear. He sounds like such an upbeat character. It's going to be an uphill battle to get a permanent spot in the NHL... but it's great to see his exuberance.

Old
06-01-2004, 01:57 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
He's really a normal guy, certainly no ego or anything like that. We sat and talked about stuff for like an hour and a half over lunch (At Overtime - great place) and it wasn't like all business or anything, just like a couple guys grabbing abite to eat.

He struck me as a real guy back in February and even more so this time around.

Old
06-01-2004, 01:11 PM
Matts

Yeha

I liked his smarts and hustle from the first time I saw him.

Old
06-03-2004, 08:09 AM
heckraiser87

I loved this guy when he was at Western, and you have no idea how glad I was when he got called up by the Oilers for that stint. I can't wait to see him playing in the NHL on a regular basis.

Old
06-03-2004, 10:31 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
I have said from oh I don't know, the trade deadline that Mike Bishai shoudl start the season as the Oiler's 4th line center.

Listen, if somebody has the guts to fight from an OPPONENT's BENCH at the NHL level, you gotta give him a job. Not to mention he's a decent hockey player.

Old
06-03-2004, 10:43 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef Chris Wok
I have said from oh I don't know, the trade deadline that Mike Bishai shoudl start the season as the Oiler's 4th line center.

Listen, if somebody has the guts to fight from an OPPONENT's BENCH at the NHL level, you gotta give him a job. Not to mention he's a decent hockey player.

I don't think you'll get too much disagreement here. The problem is we have too many centers now

He is behind
Nedved (or replacement)
York
Horcoff
Reasoner
Stoll

Even if we move York to RW and Horc to a wing as well we'll still need to make room for him.

I see him as an injury call up next year. It's too bad bad cause he deserves a shot for sure but we don't have room unless we move people.

And I think Rita and Salmo are ahead of him on the farm too.

I do hope he gets another chance though. Great work ethic, would make a great 4 line C

Old
06-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Erack82

Send a message via AIM to Erack82
Hello all. I just wanted to say that I have watched Bishai play for 3 years at Western Michigan University and have been following him since he turned pro, this guy is a true heart and soul guy all the way. He was the captain for WMU his senior year and was a leader on and off the ice. I know he was well liked by his team and the fans here in Kalamazoo and it looks like that is translating to wherever he goes.

I for one am surprised he saw some action in the NHL this past year. I knew that Bishai could play at a high level in the AHL, but I didn't think he would make the jump just yet. Even though he is on the outside looking in, its always great to see a former Bronco make it to the NHL. Hopefully within the next couple years he can lock a 3rd line position with the Oilers

Old
06-05-2004, 10:47 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I don't know if he's got more then fourth line potential - but he's the kinda guy who could be extremely valuable to your fourth line. He was playing with Georges when he started to turn his season around.

Closed Thread