HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

SCF Gm.5: Calgary Flames @ Tampa Bay Lightning l Flames 3-2 (OT) l Flames Lead 3-2

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2004, 11:33 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petec1978
If Primeau doesn't get the lucky deflection off his skate in game six with 1 and a half minutes left the Flyers would've been gone in six. As it was the Lightning still came out and smoked them in game seven.

Survived? Ha! Your only goal in the final tilt was scored by... Cory Sarich.

But if it feels better to undertake the rebuilding of your franchise (and its collection of rare fossils) under the guise your team, outside of Keith Elbow and Handzus, didn't look like a pack of broken down old men, then that's cool too.

Whatever gets you to sleep at night.

-Pete Choquette

Yes Petey we were beat up because we had to play a couple of contenders....and we still almost beat your "underrated, :lol " Lightning. Listen little Buddy, I've been cheering for my boys for over 20 years....If the Lightning are around in 20 years come and see me and my old fossils...maybe by then we'll have Dave Andreychuk's young legs to push us along and you'll be enjoying the WNBA Playoffs and complaining that it's too rough. Enjoy your fad.

Old
06-04-2004, 11:40 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin' Griz
Pete, Pete, Pete....

You laugh at me because the Lightning were 1 inch away from winning game 6, then make numerous references to lucky saves by Kiprusoff....then hammer me when say Khabibulin stood on his head in gmae 5 because goaltenders are part of the game?

Well, YEA....EXACTLY! So stop whining about an inch here or a 'lucky' save there.

Nice prediction. Did you get that one from Tortorella or do you actually have sound hockey reasoning for it?

Doesn't matter anyway. :lol

I particularly like the "If Primeau doesn't score in game 6 the Lightning would have..." Big deal Pete, Primeau did score and that series went 7...can't remember exactly but didn't you say Lightning in 5? Stop making excuses and just admit this is your first taste of playoff hockey. You use far to many ifs.

Old
06-04-2004, 11:40 PM
petec1978*

Quote:
Yes Petey we were beat up
Yo Bob Clarke Apologist... we put more of your guys into the training room than yours did to ours proving that the myth of Philly's physical dominance was just that, a myth.

Amonte? Roenick? Leclair? Zhamnov? Have you found those guys yet or are they still on the milk cartons around the Philadelphia area?

Quote:
Listen little Buddy, I've been cheering for my boys for over 20 years....
And coincidentally your "boys" have done nothing but choke over the last 20 years.

-Pete Choquette

Old
06-04-2004, 11:45 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Yo Bob Clarke Apologist... we put more of your guys into the training room than yours did to ours proving that the myth of Philly's physical dominance was just that, a myth.

Amonte? Roenick? Leclair? Zhamnov? Have you found those guys yet or are they still on the milk cartons around the Philadelphia area?

And coincidentally your "boys" have done nothing but choke over the last 20 years.

-Pete Choquette

We didn't choke this year, we were beaten by a better, younger team...that will probably be in Winnipeg before you turn 16.

Old
06-04-2004, 11:48 PM
petec1978*

Quote:
We didn't choke this year, we were beaten by a better, younger team...
Aw see, was that so hard?

-Pete Choquette

Old
06-04-2004, 11:54 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Aw see, was that so hard?

-Pete Choquette

No.....but I know a little more about hockey than you do. I'm also a little more realistic than you. Hopefully, you can extend the Flames fans the same "losing with class attitude," that I've extended you.

Old
06-05-2004, 12:07 AM
Hockeyfan02

My dad can beat up your dad.

Old
06-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02
My dad can beat up your dad.

Your dad obviously doesn't play for the Lightning.

Old
06-05-2004, 11:00 AM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club
Your dad obviously doesn't play for the Lightning.

:lol So true.

Old
06-05-2004, 11:16 AM
HellsBells

Quote:
If Primeau doesn't get the lucky deflection off his skate in game six with 1 and a half minutes left the Flyers would've been gone in six. As it was the Lightning still came out and smoked them in game seven.

Survived? Ha! Your only goal in the final tilt was scored by... Cory Sarich.

But if it feels better to undertake the rebuilding of your franchise (and its collection of rare fossils) under the guise your team, outside of Keith Elbow and Handzus, didn't look like a pack of broken down old men, then that's cool too.

Whatever gets you to sleep at night.

-Pete Choquette
You are the epidomy of what a hockey fan should NOT be. Why can't you win and give credit at the same time ?? The Flyers stretched TB to the limit and you can't even respect that. Pathetic.

I'll take a page out of your book and say: IF the Flyers did not have so many injuries and IF the Flyers had a goalie that was a) better or b) not injured, the Flyers would be playing the Flames right now. You see how juvenile that sounds ??

Do you have your excuses ready should the Flames win tonight ??

If Iginla wasn't a Flame, if they never traded for Kiprusoff, if TB was allowed to do what they want like vs. the Habs & Isles, if the NHL didn't switch the refs for game 6, if the Lightning didn't play like crap, if the Flames didn't play so good, if the Flames didn't score those goals, if Khabibulin would have stopped those shots, if Kipper would have let in a boatload of softies like Esche, Theodore, DiPietro did etc.......

Anyway, I hope the Flames win tonight so I can reply to your excuses and whiny posts with nothing but dancin' bananas.

IF only they had dancin' bananas hoisting the cup.

A handful of TB fans have made me despise their team. I really liked this team until I came across 7 or 8 Tampa fans on this site that think the Stanley Cup is owed to their team for sweeping the hapless Habs.

Old
06-05-2004, 12:10 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
BTW, the Lightning will win game six.

-Pete Choquette
ok

Old
06-05-2004, 01:30 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

there's a new game thread, now. let's all go bicker there, instead!

Closed Thread