HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Green

Closed Thread

Old
06-05-2004, 08:36 AM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Mike Green

Would do you guys think of Green? I've read some reports, but I've never seen him. It sounds like he could be a very viable option for the Rangers second first rounder. They'd probably have to move up a bit, but we have some room to maneuver. It sounds like the Rangers like him according to what I've read. Could he be a top pairing d-man? Would he fit the mold?

Most importantly... would you be happy with a Ladd/Olesz and Green draft?

Old
06-05-2004, 08:47 AM
Broadway Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Would do you guys think of Green? I've read some reports, but I've never seen him. It sounds like he could be a very viable option for the Rangers second first rounder. They'd probably have to move up a bit, but we have some room to maneuver. It sounds like the Rangers like him according to what I've read. Could he be a top pairing d-man? Would he fit the mold?

Most importantly... would you be happy with a Ladd/Olesz and Green draft?
I think that Green COULD be a #1 defenseman. The only reason why he won't be picked in the top 15, is because of the team he played on, which affected his stats. I prefer Wes O'Neil over Green because I think that O'Neil has even more potential. I think that if we stay where we are, one of them will fall to us at #24. This would be me if we came away with a Ladd/Olesz and Green/O'Neil first round: :gman: :gman: :gman:

Old
06-05-2004, 09:05 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Crosby
I think that Green COULD be a #1 defenseman. The only reason why he won't be picked in the top 15, is because of the team he played on, which affected his stats. I prefer Wes O'Neil over Green because I think that O'Neil has even more potential. I think that if we stay where we are, one of them will fall to us at #24. This would be me if we came away with a Ladd/Olesz and Green/O'Neil first round: :gman: :gman: :gman:
Maybe I'm wrong, but just from what I've read I like Green more. He seems like the total package. If he was a few inches taller he'd probably fall right in behind Barker. I think I'd take him over O'Niel.... just seems to have everything you'd want in a tough cornerstone. He could be a very nice piece to the puzzle IMHO.

He just seems like he'd give our blue-line something we really lack. We have some good puck movers, but Green is really physical.

I'd probably rank like this.

1. Barker
2. Thelen
3. Green

Old
06-05-2004, 09:21 AM
Broadway Brett

I like O'Neil better, but, it's just my opinion.

Old
06-05-2004, 01:04 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Actually, I'd love to find a way to get both Thelen and O'Neill. Here's my dream scenario - 1) Olesz or Ladd is available at #6, 2) we trade Poti and the #36 pick to Atlanta and take Thelen at #10, 3) we trade Lundmark and a 2nd round pick for a pick in the high teens and take O'Neill, 4) we keep the Toronto #1 and take take Lauri Korpikowski, 5) we take Pineault, Zajac and Fistiric in the 2nd round.

Old
06-05-2004, 01:49 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

He's steady and does a lot of the things good but probably not one thing great. I don't think he is a number one guy, but could be a top 4 guy easily. He reminds me of a poor man's Wade Redden.

Old
06-05-2004, 06:03 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
He's steady and does a lot of the things good but probably not one thing great. I don't think he is a number one guy, but could be a top 4 guy easily. He reminds me of a poor man's Wade Redden.
He's this years Kevin Klein.

Does everything good but nothing really great.

Old
06-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Prucha73

Green is good, but don't we have already similar size and skill defense prospects? I was thinking maybe we need a huge defenseman like Schults?

Closed Thread