HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers (possibly) not done tonight, (maybe) more to come.

Old
07-01-2008, 09:22 PM
John Belushi

vCash: 500
"Rangers (possibly) not done tonight, (maybe) more to come."

How is this thread worthy? The same could be said for every team. Thats about as vague as you could ever be.

Its July 1st. Obviously many teams aren't done tweaking their respective lineups.

IBTL.

John Belushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:23 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
You can't send a player to the AHL until September. Stop acting like you know everything man. Either you buy Backman out or you send him down in September.

Teams can go over the cap right now by x% anyway, so this is a moot point.

The point is as follows. I said the Rangers will likely waive Backman. I never once mentioned anything about buyouts. I figured it'd be pretty easy for anyone to realize I'm talking about this coming season and the cap number -- not some ******** number in July.

Either I'm simply not being clear in my posts (which I feel I am) or I don't know.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:23 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Rangers are obviously posturing for a trade.

I think the D looks great. Redden is a great upgrade and a guy they have liked for a long time. No worries about an off year last season on the ****** Sens clusterF of a team.

Re-sign Roszival add Redden = Good

But Rissmiller, Voros, Jamtin added to Hollweg, Dawes, Prucha, Callahan, Dubinski

Plus ripening prospects Korpikoski, Byers, Anisimov, Cherepenov

Where are all these guys going to play? None are top line players.

Sather must have a deal in the works. A deal that sends a package one way to get back a scoring winger and clears cap space for Jagr.

Unless Sather already knows that Cherepenov is somehow coming to America to play hockey next season

07-01-2008, 09:24 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Belushi View Post
"Rangers (possibly) not done tonight, (maybe) more to come."

How is this thread worthy? The same could be said for every team.

IBTL.
Because Sam had posted that the Rangers were not done before (which was the original title). Seemed like a big deal would be announced.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:27 PM
CCCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymenoceros View Post
Go ahead, Rangers, overpay someone else. I don't know which I find funnier: Wade Redden's contract or Jeff Finger's.
R u trying to say that Rangers and their fans got double-fingered?

CCCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Adam Larsson

I can't see the Rangers signing another player for a cap space hit of more than 4M per season. They have 32.5M locked up in FIVE players for the next 4 seasons at least. I know I'm just a biased Devils' fans but mann..Glen Sather is taking some serious risks.

Adam Larsson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:03 PM
ThirtyFive

Send a message via MSN to ThirtyFive
There is about 12-15 mil of wiggle room still.

ThirtyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:01 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiLLsOn View Post
I can't see the Rangers signing another player for a cap space hit of more than 4M per season. They have 32.5M locked up in FIVE players for the next 4 seasons at least. I know I'm just a biased Devils' fans but mann..Glen Sather is taking some serious risks.
sather is takings risks?

Is it not Lou handing out 20 million dollar guys who will be nearly 40 at the end of the deal and who if soemthing goes wrong they'll still be stuck with the cap hit.

The Rangers just significantly upgraded their defense, soemthing Lou wanted to do and he would've loved to have Redden on those terms so let us worry about the cap while trying to figure out how adding/retaining top end UFA's because I;d certainly rather have that probelm then not be able to lure any of the top guys.

And I like Rolston but if that isn't a Nylander like contract to an old guy who will be nearly 40 at the end of the deal is significant risk as well as an overpayment to sign on.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:55 PM
Adam Larsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
sather is takings risks?

Is it not Lou handing out 20 million dollar guys who will be nearly 40 at the end of the deal and who if soemthing goes wrong they'll still be stuck with the cap hit.

The Rangers just significantly upgraded their defense, soemthing Lou wanted to do and he would've loved to have Redden on those terms so let us worry about the cap while trying to figure out how adding/retaining top end UFA's because I;d certainly rather have that probelm then not be able to lure any of the top guys.

And I like Rolston but if that isn't a Nylander like contract to an old guy who will be nearly 40 at the end of the deal is significant risk as well as an overpayment to sign on.
The Rolston contract won't ever keep us from signing our younger players when they move on to the next phase of their career. You obvioulsy don't care about the young guys you've developed like Dubinsky, Dawes, and Staal. They won't be on their rookie contracts for ever you know? Maybe you just don't care and are more infatuated with signing big name players because it's more "exciting" and has a "fantasy hockey" quality to it. You obviously aren't worried about it now but it's one of those things that might come back to haunt you. Kinda like when your "service engine light" comes on in you car. All you need is an oil change but put it off for too long and before you know it, you need a whole new engine. You probably can't follow cause I doubt you able to drive yet judging by your posts. I'm just happy its not my teams problem. Or maybe the Cap will go up to ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS! But I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket.

Adam Larsson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Brent Burns
TROTZTROTZTROTZTROTZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymenoceros View Post
Go ahead, Rangers, overpay someone else. I don't know which I find funnier: Wade Redden's contract or Jeff Finger's.
You forgot Campbell
Well, actually, as a Sharks fan, I'd have liked for him to have stayed at 6.5/5 or so years

Brent Burns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
You can't send a player to the AHL until September. Stop acting like you know everything man. Either you buy Backman out or you send him down in September.

Teams can go over the cap right now by x% anyway, so this is a moot point.
10%, and Do you know a guy named Darius?

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote