HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shanahan to Devils?

Old
07-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
I hear you, Thomas J...

I'm just thinking it may take closer to 5 years if you put him on a deep declining scale. Guess I don't see him scoring 25 goals with the Devils, let alone doing it two seasons in a row.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 07:27 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I'm just thinking it may take closer to 5 years if you put him on a deep declining scale. Guess I don't see him scoring 25 goals with the Devils, let alone doing it two seasons in a row.

Wow ur only giving him 10 goals a year? thats more tha a steep decline thats falling off a clif with no parachute.

Quite frankly with all the money just thrown @ Redden & Rosi Shanny may be our best cheapest option now.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:33 AM
Edge

As I've said before, I think he could still add something on a third line.

So long as he isn't expected to be a main offensive weapon, I'd personally want him back.

But that's me.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:35 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

i cant find the link but Shanny has spoken towards the Devil rumours and said he wasnt contacted and if he was he isnt intrested, he said he's only intrested in the Rangers and no one else.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 03:10 AM
GarretJoseph*

I think Shanny will have to take a huge pay cut to continue playing with us.

1 Year, 1.5 Mill and I would find room for him on the bottom six anywhere.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 07:09 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
i cant find the link but Shanny has spoken towards the Devil rumours and said he wasnt contacted and if he was he isnt intrested, he said he's only intrested in the Rangers and no one else.

Here it is from Dellipina:

Speaking of Shanahan, he told me a little while ago that he was mystified by reports that he was going to sign with the Devils. And even after Lou Lamoriello began to get the old band back together again by signing Brian Rolston and Bobby Holik today, Shanahan said: “The Devils weren’t one of the teams that contacted my agent today. I guess people just figured that I’d want to go there because I wouldn’t want to move my family. But I want to play for the Rangers.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/rangers/

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 07:18 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
Here it is from Dellipina:

Speaking of Shanahan, he told me a little while ago that he was mystified by reports that he was going to sign with the Devils. And even after Lou Lamoriello began to get the old band back together again by signing Brian Rolston and Bobby Holik today, Shanahan said: “The Devils weren’t one of the teams that contacted my agent today. I guess people just figured that I’d want to go there because I wouldn’t want to move my family. But I want to play for the Rangers.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/rangers/
yup thats the one i was talking about.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 07:24 AM
DGen

Tom Gulitti also reported it: http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2...nally-had.html
Quote:
**From what I've been told, Brendan Shanahan's agent Rick Curran received phone calls from several teams expressing interest in signing in the UFA left wing today. None of them were from the Devils.

**The Rangers are still in the bidding for Marian Hossa and Mats Sundin, but don't have the room to sign both. Edmonton is said to have the best offer on the table for Hossa. Word is it's for more than $9 million per season.

DGen is offline   Reply With Quote