HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers re-sign Rozsival for 4yr/20M

Old
07-02-2008, 07:34 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
sign and trade
yea makes no sense unless they say to him .......ummm we did'nt think we were going to get Redden...........what team do u want to go to Sorry about that one,hah

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Redden - Staal
Rozsival - Tyutin
Girardi - Whomever

Doesn't sound bad to me. Although I think Tyutin - Girardi will stay together.

Rozsival will be a great second pairing player.
Sather Said he may be active today too..........even with only 9 million left............I for some reason believe him and think they will sign a Steve Montador to close out the top 6

From their they HAVE to clear salary so Backman ,Orr, Hollweg are the obvious for picks

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Sather Said he may be active today too..........even with only 9 million left............I for some reason believe him and think they will sign a Steve Montador to close out the top 6

From their they HAVE to clear salary so Backman ,Orr, Hollweg are the obvious for picks
actually its 11.3 million left---Backman WILL be sent down

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 08:17 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
this i agree with....throw potter in there

redden-staal
girardi-rozsival
tyutin-potter
Girardi and Rozy will never play together.... They are both righthanded shots. Renney likes to use a right and a lefty shot on each pairing if he can.

either we will see:

Redden(L)-Rozy(R)
Girardi (R) - Staal(L)
Tyutin (L)- Backman (L)

or

Redden (L)-Staal(L)
Tyutin (L)-Rozy (R)
Girardi (R) - Backman (L)

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 08:19 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
actually its 11.3 million left---Backman WILL be sent down
I don't think he will. I actually think he is going to come out and have a good training camp and play well this year.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 08:22 AM
Fletch

I dunno Rags...

I think it's still a work in progress. I think the Rangers have five top four defensemen - the question is, do they keep five top four defensemen?

On the Rozy signing - I like Rozy. I think he's a decent second unit PP guy and a decent defenseman who guts it out (last year was a tough one though). $5MM per was a decent number, but I can't help but thinking that had Sather tried to lock him up, say, in December, he may've saved himself $4.5MM. Perhaps not, and perhaps he tried, although his try sometimes is limited to outrageously low contract offers that noone would take anyways.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Chimp

I don't like this. Rozsival ain't a 5m D-man, neither is Redden a 6.5m D-man. Holy salary inflation.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I think it's still a work in progress. I think the Rangers have five top four defensemen - the question is, do they keep five top four defensemen?

On the Rozy signing - I like Rozy. I think he's a decent second unit PP guy and a decent defenseman who guts it out (last year was a tough one though). $5MM per was a decent number, but I can't help but thinking that had Sather tried to lock him up, say, in December, he may've saved himself $4.5MM. Perhaps not, and perhaps he tried, although his try sometimes is limited to outrageously low contract offers that noone would take anyways.
One of the beat writers (Dellapina or Zipay) said that Rosie was offered a $4MM per contract before his numbers tailed off, and he didn't bite.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

According to one of the beat writers, Sather did offer him a $4 mill/year contract last year, but Rozsival rejected it.

edit: guess I should have scrolled down the page...

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 06:21 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post

streit is AWFUL defensively... that is why he played wing some games...

haha this is something i love as well. people forget to mention he played wing a lot for the habs. if he was the defensive stopper the habs wouldve made room for him on the backend.

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 08:34 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Some fish stix fan was telling me how Streit was a good signing but that Redden and Roszival were not. I kindly reminded him that Streit was a minus player on a team that finished first in the eastern conf last year. I checked it out, he was actually second worst on the team. All his points would look a lot better if he could play defense.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Forever Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1982 View Post
Some fish stix fan was telling me how Streit was a good signing but that Redden and Roszival were not. I kindly reminded him that Streit was a minus player on a team that finished first in the eastern conf last year. I checked it out, he was actually second worst on the team. All his points would look a lot better if he could play defense.
At least Redden and Rozsival have set positions.

Forever Blue is offline   Reply With Quote