HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prucha back in the mix...?

Old
07-02-2008, 11:09 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Prucha back in the mix...?

Obviously it's early and there are moves still to come, but with the cap space we've just tied up in our D and the holes left at the wing (especially on the top 2 lines)... does this signal that Prucha is back in consideration by Renney/Sather for top 6 minutes? Personally, I want him used as a trade chip (and think people on this board undervalue him for that purpose - look at how MTL posters think of Ryder and then realize that Boston gave him $4mm per...), because the lineup is just too small on our top lines as currently constituted - but unless Sather pulls off something unexpected to bring in 2 wingers not currently on the roster, we're looking at the following wings:

Dane Byers
Nigel Dawes
Ryan Hollweg
Lauri Korpikoski
Petr Prucha
Patrick Rissmiller
Aaron Voros
Ryan Callahan
Greg Moore
Colton Orr
Fredrik Sjostrom

Of that list, only Dawes is a better fit for a top line - and I guess Drury if he shifts to wing. That's it as far as I can see.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Back in the mix?

I think with the little salary cap space we have left the Rangers can replace Prucha from within and get rid of the salary..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:12 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Back in the mix?

I think with the little salary cap space we have left the Rangers can replace Prucha from within and get rid of the salary..
Id rather let him play. He doesn't have any real trade value right now. He didn't just score 30 goals on a fluke. He hasn't had a chance on a scoring line since Shanny came. Get him back on a scoring line and the PP for a GOOD amount of time. Not just for a 5 game stretch.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Prucha will be forced back into the mix if the offense doesnt improve. The same Prucha that is wildly ineffective without a superhuman Jagr.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Id rather let him play. He doesn't have any real trade value right now. He didn't just score 30 goals on a fluke. He hasn't had a chance on a scoring line since Shanny came. Get him back on a scoring line and the PP for a GOOD amount of time. Not just for a 5 game stretch.
Prucha wasn't playing on a scoring line pre-shanny..most of his production was on the power play..

he scored a great deal of those 30 goals before the stevenson hit in philly where he injured his knee...he hasn't been the same player since....he no-showed two playoffs in a row here...he has gone into scoring slumps that rival marcel hossa....he gets creamed game after game (momentum changing hits that get the other team in the game)

for $1.6M the rangers can put that money towards actual needs not small forwards that can't one time a pass...

Old
07-02-2008, 11:19 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Prucha wasn't playing on a scoring line pre-shanny..most of his production was on the power play..

he scored a great deal of those 30 goals before the stevenson hit in philly where he injured his knee...he hasn't been the same player since....he no-showed two playoffs in a row here...he has gone into scoring slumps that rival marcel hossa....he gets creamed game after game (momentum changing hits that get the other team in the game)

for $1.6M the rangers can put that money towards actual needs not small forwards that can't one time a pass...
Not arguing with you SoS, but as I said - unless Sather can pull some rabbits out of hats, I think he gets another shot. With our cap position, we need a $1.6mm player scoring 30. I mean, look at the list I posted - which four forwards do you put above him?

Old
07-02-2008, 11:22 AM
BklyNYR4Life

it really doesn't pay to bash the kid, or hope he can't turn it back on. personally. I think you put him back into a scoring role, or at least give him legitimate PP time, and then decide if he can come back to form or not. he's a small, shifty winger who always hangs by the net and has a great nose for being just out of the play, and jumping in at the right moment...he knows how to score goals, you don't just forget that. besides, from within, what better options do we have right now?

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Not arguing with you SoS, but as I said - unless Sather can pull some rabbits out of hats, I think he gets another shot. With our cap position, we need a $1.6mm player scoring 30. I mean, look at the list I posted - which four forwards do you put above him?
With Prucha we don't have a $1.6M player scoring 30 goals...This is a sport of "what have you done for me lately?" NOT "what have you done for me two seasons ago"? With Prucha we have a $1.6M player scoring 9 goals...with no goals in two playoff years...I was a big fan but his effort at times last year hit Lundmark levels...

I'd put Korpikoski, and Dawes ahead of him on the depth chart and I don't believe the team is done signing or trading for guys so we don't know who else is on that list yet..

Old
07-02-2008, 11:37 AM
NYRKing

I have no clue why everyone is so hard on Prucha. He had an awesome rookie season playing on the powerplay. In his second year he slumped a little, but even with no playing time he still topped 20 goals. Prucha doesn't make mistakes, he is an energy guy with great moves and an incredible shot. He takes ard hits and gets injured, but the bottom line is he didn't play because we had shanahan there. Are there better options that Prucha of course, but I have no problem seeing him as one of our top 6 forwards. If Renney and Sather didn't think so, then he would have been traded a long time ago.

I've been listening to E.J. Hradek on NHL Live and even he thinks they were just giving Prucha the backseat to Shanny for a few years, and Renney didn't want to play him as a grinder. With that said I don't know why we didn't get Stillman or Vrbata for a smaller deal.

AND i just heard Hossa went to Detroit so it doesn't matter because we know who's winning the cup again! DAMN!!!

NYRKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Ola

Prucha defenitly will have a spot on the team and a chance to get a big role this season.

I defenitly still got hopes for him and I think he will be ready to take the shot he will get.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Mason530

I think he is gone, plus Hollweg and watchout Cally. It is especially true if Slat thinks several AHLers are ready.

Mason530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 01:03 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Well, let's see - Hossa and Avery are now playing elsewhere and Sundin "needs time" (http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/blog/).

It's really starting to look to me like Sather's counting on at least 2-3 of the guys he's already got under contract to fill top line winger positions. I ask again - who, other than Dawes, is going to play ahead of Prucha? Maybe Drury if Anisimov steps up in training camp? Barring a trade, that still leaves 2 spots for Petr - I think he definitely slots in ahead of Callahan, Korpikoski, etc.

I mean are we counting on Jessiman to finally prove that he actually is a peer of Brown, Bernier, Parise, Getzlaf et. al...? (I mean, c'mon, I'm one of the guys who roots for him to eventually blossom, but even I think that's a recipe for disaster.)

Old
07-02-2008, 01:19 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Well, I ran out of patience with Prucha last season, but I still think he has talent. If Renney stops jerking him around and rewards him with increased ice time after good games (rather than arbitrarily cutting back his time, IMO), then I think he'll be fine. That's not to say that I don't think we need some serious help on the top lines, but I'm confident in Prucha.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Well, I ran out of patience with Prucha last season, but I still think he has talent. If Renney stops jerking him around and rewards him with increased ice time after good games (rather than arbitrarily cutting back his time, IMO), then I think he'll be fine. That's not to say that I don't think we need some serious help on the top lines, but I'm confident in Prucha.
I think Prucha is big time important now

I expect this

FA(Satan?), Dubinsky, Jagr(back)
Dawes, Gomez, Drury
Prucha, Rissmiller, Callahan
Sjostrom , Betts, Jamtin, Voros, Orr

Redden , Staal
Tyuyin, Girardi
Rozsival, FA( Montador?)

I think they have enough cap space to pull it off if Backman goes and Hollweg and creative Bonus structure on Jagr deals

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 01:36 PM
DontStepanMe

well hopefully Prucha puts me in my place and shows that he can be counted on to score and be a top line player... i'm going to root my hardest for him to do so... i just don't think he will.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote