HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

~~~ Jagr Jagr Jagr ~~~

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-02-2008, 02:39 PM
  #51
D713B
Registered User
 
D713B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000 View Post
Sundin already released a statement today that he's not going to sign anywhere anytime soon.
I'm pretty sure if Jagr decides not to come back Sundin will see enough dollar signs from Sather to make a quicker decision.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:40 PM
  #52
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
HaHa............just saying BUT in reality Jagr will resign......WOW if he doesnt and I am wrong.............

Sather wants him back, he wants to come back.......so he will be back
ooops sorry... misread it. trying to work at work and work at these boards can be complicated. my apologies.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:41 PM
  #53
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
I'm pretty sure if Jagr decides not to come back Sundin will see enough dollar signs from Sather to make a quicker decision.
Wouldn't he have taken the 20 million dollar offer already from Vancouver if it was about the money?

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:41 PM
  #54
bcrt2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
I'm pretty sure if Jagr decides not to come back Sundin will see enough dollar signs from Sather to make a quicker decision.
I live in Toronto, they follow him pretty closely around here. Hes another Scott Niedermayer. I could see him waiting until training camp to decide.

And money means nothing to him. He has $100 million in the bank already, and every contract he signed with the Leafs was for far less than market value.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:42 PM
  #55
SPG
Registered User
 
SPG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Utica, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Wouldn't he have taken the 20 million dollar offer already from Vancouver if it was about the money?
Not sure how true it is, but it sounds like he (Sundin) wants to stay in the EC

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:42 PM
  #56
D713B
Registered User
 
D713B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Wouldn't he have taken the 20 million dollar offer already from Vancouver if it was about the money?
I thought he had a small list of teams he would go to and Vancouver was not one of them.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:42 PM
  #57
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,987
vCash: 500
looking around the league at the signings....

the top 3 teams in the east(in order)
montreal
pittsburg
tampa


and detroit is by far the best team in the league now by adding hossa to their already insansely talented offense....lets look at this team realistically.....unless the rangers can somehow add kovalchuk AND jagr, where is no way in hell they seriously challenge for the cup.....therefore i would rather move on and have a semi-rebuilding year and see how things play out and try to get the production from somewhere else

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:43 PM
  #58
bcrt2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
Not sure how true it is, but it sounds like he (Sundin) wants to stay in the EC
JP Barry confirmed that Vancouver offer yesterday on the radio here (Fan590). And yes, it does sound like he likes the East. Less travel and probably wants to be close to Toronto.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:44 PM
  #59
D713B
Registered User
 
D713B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000 View Post
I live in Toronto, they follow him pretty closely around here. Hes another Scott Niedermayer. I could see him waiting until training camp to decide.

And money means nothing to him. He has $100 million in the bank already, and every contract he signed with the Leafs was for far less than market value.
Interesting. I'm surprised that hasn't been more widely reported that he was going to possibly take that long to sign. I've heard he is in no rush but didn't realize that was the situation. Why did two teams negotiate with him prior to July 1st then if he had no intentions of signing?

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:45 PM
  #60
SPG
Registered User
 
SPG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Utica, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000 View Post
JP Barry confirmed that offer yesterday on the radio here (Fan590).
I know all about the offer... you'd have to be blind and deaf to not have seen or heard about that.

I was commenting on the fact that he supposively wants to stay in the Eastern Conference

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:48 PM
  #61
bcrt2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
Interesting. I'm surprised that hasn't been more widely reported that he was going to possibly take that long to sign. I've heard he is in no rush but didn't realize that was the situation. Why did two teams negotiate with him prior to July 1st then if he had no intentions of signing?
Because thats the job of his agents. JP Barry was on TSN and said he really really wanted Sundin to sign yesterday, but it was up to Mats to decide, since Mats hasn't even decided if he wants to play yet.

In Toronto its always been widely reported that he wants to take a long time to decide where he wants to play, and he just confirmed it today with that statement he released.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:49 PM
  #62
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000 View Post
Because thats the job of his agents. JP Barry was on TSN and said he really really wanted Sundin to sign yesterday, but it was up to Mats to decide, since Mats hasn't even decided if he wants to play yet.

In Toronto its always been widely reported that he wants to take a long time to decide where he wants to play, and he just confirmed it today with that statement he released.
SCREW MATS.........they guy is gonna take 5 yrs to decide and he WILL PLAY and it WILL BE for the LEAFS, duhhhhhhhhh

Back to Jagr,haha

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:50 PM
  #63
ebn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post


Go to New York....Go to St Patricks.....Your Destiny awaits you....
Give him those things to your left he will definitely come.

ebn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 03:07 PM
  #64
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
what if Jagr leaves and the Rangers sign Demitra and Bertuzzi.......then Montador on D..........will you be pissed?.............

Bertuzzi, Gomez, Demitra
Dawes, Dubinsky, Drury
Prucha, Rissmiller, Callahan
Sjostrom, Betts, Jamtin, Voros, Orr

Redden, Staal
Tyuyin, Girardi
Montador, Rozsival
Potter

Lundqvist
Valliquette

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 03:11 PM
  #65
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
what if Jagr leaves and the Rangers sign Demitra and Bertuzzi.......then Montador on D..........will you be pissed?.............

Bertuzzi, Gomez, Demitra
Dawes, Dubinsky, Drury
Prucha, Rissmiller, Callahan
Sjostrom, Betts, Jamtin, Voros, Orr

Redden, Staal
Tyuyin, Girardi
Montador, Rozsival
Potter

Lundqvist
Valliquette
yeah, because Demitra and Bert suck Balls

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 03:12 PM
  #66
D713B
Registered User
 
D713B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
what if Jagr leaves and the Rangers sign Demitra and Bertuzzi.......then Montador on D..........will you be pissed?.............

Bertuzzi, Gomez, Demitra
Dawes, Dubinsky, Drury
Prucha, Rissmiller, Callahan
Sjostrom, Betts, Jamtin, Voros, Orr

Redden, Staal
Tyuyin, Girardi
Montador, Rozsival
Potter

Lundqvist
Valliquette
Would that fit under the cap?

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 03:16 PM
  #67
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
Would that fit under the cap?
If they have say 9 million and then waive Backman they have more like 11 million

So Demitra gets 5 and Betuzzi gets 3 lets say............that is feasible and it fits..........also Montador at say 1.5

I have no idea what is going to happen but just a thought on what reality may be if Jagr goes

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 03:21 PM
  #68
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom
 
nyrcallahan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Come on Jags.... New York Loves You.

You know you want to captain the team that loves you.

From Prague to the Stanley Cup in 2009!
Come on Jags, we already lost Avery and possibly Shanny.
We love you! come back

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 03:27 PM
  #69
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
Come on Jags, we already lost Avery and possibly Shanny.
We love you! come back
Its all you baby, just like in 06

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 03:28 PM
  #70
D713B
Registered User
 
D713B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
If they have say 9 million and then waive Backman they have more like 11 million

So Demitra gets 5 and Betuzzi gets 3 lets say............that is feasible and it fits..........also Montador at say 1.5

I have no idea what is going to happen but just a thought on what reality may be if Jagr goes
That link that you provided (I think in another thread) with the Cap numbers is missing a few contracts (Vally of the top of my head) and still has to factor in what Sjo and Dawes will get.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 04:19 PM
  #71
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom
 
nyrcallahan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Its all you baby, just like in 06
maybe if we get him back he'll score another 53 goals

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 04:22 PM
  #72
NYROrtsFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
maybe if we get him back he'll score another 53 goals
He won't be that good, because we still don't have 2 guys that mesh perfect with him.

Perhaps they take a chance on a guy like Satan for LW and he works out. That is what I would do. Satan's style may work very well with Jagr, plus he actually has true offensive ability.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 06:49 PM
  #73
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
Jagr Clap Clap Clap

Jagr Clap Clap Clap

Jagr Clap Clap Clap

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 07:56 PM
  #74
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
All the moves yesterday, today are very Jagr friendly imo.

They got a PP QB Dman, they re-sign Rosy

They aquire more size/skill in Rissmiller, Voros, and speed uber skill in Zherdev

None of those guys do anything but make the Rangers better , while still setting this up to be Jagrs team....

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 08:01 PM
  #75
Ash
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
I disagree, I see a team slowly shifting away from Jagr. I see a team poised to have Gomez and Drury as their #1 and #2 centers complimented by fast wingers and a blueline that has an emphasis on all-around defenders.

Jagr's not the skater he used to be. He plays a physical, puck possession game and I don't think that it's a coincidence that the two other centers he's most had success with are big, puck controlling guys in Nylander and Dubinsky.

I love and appreciate everythin Jagr's done for us, but I think we're not going to see him back in blue.

Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.