HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sather low-balling JJ

Old
07-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
He definitely did not demand that Sather sign Hossa. Its just that there has been silence from JJ's camp.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 07:00 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
He definitely did not demand that Sather sign Hossa. Its just that there has been silence from JJ's camp.
Yeah, that kind of demand would be totally unreasonable, unless Jagr was willing to take like 2M to re-sign.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 08:46 PM
NYRSinceBirth

I'm honestly amazed by some of the responses on these boards. Jagr, who played "3/4" of a season, LEAD THE TEAM IN POINTS. And he's done that every year he's been here. Not to mention he is still one of the best players int he league, AND he was easily the best player on our team in the playoffs until we got booted (Hell in the league, his point totals weren't passed until mid way through the third round). Not to mention we found a center he can play very well with in Dubi, an we know what he and Prucha can do, so why not bring him back and make a Prucha-Dubi-Jags line? It's pretty absurd how people just write him off, there is nothing in the FA market right now that even compares to him (well Sundin, but he would probably be even more $$$ plus he's center)

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 08:48 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Y'know... I was a fan of signing Jagr for 1 year with Nagy and Ryder. Now that we have Zherdev... I wonder if it's an even BETTER idea - preserves cap room for the next couple of years (when we will need to sign Zherdev, Staal and others) and gives Zherdev an example of a "diva" who learned to "figure it out" - since that's the one question hanging over our new acquisition's head.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Y'know... I was a fan of signing Jagr for 1 year with Nagy and Ryder. Now that we have Zherdev... I wonder if it's an even BETTER idea - preserves cap room for the next couple of years (when we will need to sign Zherdev, Staal and others) and gives Zherdev an example of a "diva" who learned to "figure it out" - since that's the one question hanging over our new acquisition's head.
We are still pretty thin on the wings, even with Zherdev. We were dangerously thin.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Looks like we're pursuing Pavol Demitra as an alternative?

Won't be such a bad idea if Jagr decides to bolt
I want Jagr back and they are a better team with him BUT Demitra is a good alternative..........but he's the only one I would be happy about

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
We are still pretty thin on the wings, even with Zherdev. We were dangerously thin.
They still want Jagr and he will get his freaking money,haha

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 09:47 PM
TheHotRock

I don't believe this report for a second, sather wouldn't insult the man like that.

12 mil for 2 years would probably get it done, i think jags more than deserves it.

we'll still have room to sign a guy like nagy (who would look nice on a line with gomer and zherdev)

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 09:56 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Demitra would be a big mistake, his play last season was a clear indication that he is close to being done as an NHL player. i would overpay for jagr than to take demitra as an alternative...

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Levitate

I'm much more inclined to believe the reports from Ranger beat writers that Sather offered Jagr $6 mill

But I also get the feeling that Sather is ready to move on...he'd like Jagr back, but only on his terms, and Sather can be a punk about stuff like that.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Turambar

I can't understand why any of you would even believe that some idiot from Pittsburgh would have any idea what the Rangers have offered Jagr. He probably doesn't even know what the Penguins offered him.

The only people who would know would be Jagr & his agent, along with Sather and maybe a few others on the Rangers' side. That would mean that either Jagr or his agent would had to have given this info. to some idiot running a blog. This is just so f'ing stupid, this guy is like Eklund-lite.

I'll add, it was made public by Sather that they had a 1yr/$6mil offer on the table for Jagr yesterday, why would that offer have decreased when the Rangers gained cap space today? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Turambar

I posted this in the other Jagr thread, but maybe some of you didn't see it...

On MSGNY tonight, Sather was interviewed and said he hadn't even spoken to Jagr's agent today (which also means that Pens blogger idiot flat-out lied saying the Rangers today gave Jagr a "deadline", because there was NO contact between them today), and that the last Sather had heard, Jagr was "stepping into Edmonton".

Take it as you will, but I don't think Jags will be back.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Hemsky is a gangsta
Hemsky is a gangsta

wow, that's pretty big news.

Hemsky is a gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:26 PM
Zirp

Look at the link... it's a blog site.... probably someone looking to cause a controversy so it gets picked up. Sorry... I don't believe that junk for a second.

Zirp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
I posted this in the other Jagr thread, but maybe some of you didn't see it...

On MSGNY tonight, Sather was interviewed and said he hadn't even spoken to Jagr's agent today (which also means that Pens blogger idiot flat-out lied saying the Rangers today gave Jagr a "deadline", because there was NO contact between them today), and that the last Sather had heard, Jagr was "stepping into Edmonton".

Take it as you will, but I don't think Jags will be back.
So there was no contact with Jagr today and as of last night Dellapina said that Sather left a 1-year $6m offer on the table. This sounds like BS to me.

Kodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 01:03 AM
NYR Viper

ya know what.....i didnt want him back because i was afraid the rangers would cater to him but looking at the moves the past couple of days i wouldnt be too angry to grab jagr for 6 million + 1 in bonuses to play with dubi and give a solid 2nd line to drury-gomez-zherdev.....also allows for cap space next year to resign zherdev and dubinsky

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 07:24 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Gotta say - I haven't been so torn on something Rangers-related in a long time.

Plusses of bringing him back:
-Best talent left on the market (by far)
-Deflects attention (both from the media AND other teams) from Gomez, Drury, Zherdev, and all our young players
-Can be a great example to Zherdev (and Cherry next year) of how a prima donna scorer can suddenly "get it" and become a team guy

Minuses:
-He plays a different game than the team that Sather & Renney are clearly building; with the moves made this offseason, he would be about the only one left on the team that still plays the slow, lateral puck possession game
-Ties up much of our remaining cap space for this year (and next, if he gets his way)
-Has a negative impact on other playes (notably a certain defenseman that we locked up for 4 years at $5MM per) that defer to him too much.

Like I said, I'm really torn on this one.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote