HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

~~~ Jagr Jagr Jagr ~~~

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-02-2008, 10:37 PM
  #101
Turambar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Jackass, that interview on MSG.com is from YESTERDAY.

The interview I'm referring to is from TODAY, he was talking about Zherdev. And he talked about Sather, saying why he let him go, that they didn't feel Avery was worth that kind of money, and that while there were some things he like about Sean, there were also some he didn't.

There's also another interview on MSG.com where he's talking about Zherdev and Tyutin, and mentions Jagr and Hossa. I assume this is the one you're referring to, but this is certainly NOT the one I saw on MSGNY.

Watch the f'ing show if you don't believe me, it's on at midnight.

Don't ever f'ing accuse me again of making **** up.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:38 PM
  #102
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,489
vCash: 500
Oh sure LOTS of players are PUMPED to go play in Oil town.

MSG MANHATTAN 10X > GREAT ICE IN EDMONTON

Jagr played in Siberia only when the NHL locked him out.....right?

I think he deserves 2 years....maybe Straka is the kink in the deal...

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:44 PM
  #103
Blueshirts Blueline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
Jackass, that interview on MSG.com is from YESTERDAY.

The interview I'm referring to is from TODAY, he was talking about Zherdev. And he talked about Sather, saying why he let him go, that they didn't feel Avery was worth that kind of money, and that while there were some things he like about Sean, there were also some he didn't.

There's also another interview on MSG.com where he's talking about Zherdev and Tyutin, and mentions Jagr and Hossa. I assume this is the one you're referring to, but this is certainly NOT the one I saw on MSGNY.

Watch the f'ing show if you don't believe me, it's on at midnight.

Don't ever f'ing accuse me again of making **** up.
The interview on MSG.com that I just watched where he's talking about Zherdev and that he wants Jagr back, but isn't sure of Jagr wants to come back, is from yesterday?

We saw two different interviews. Calm down, guy. I didn't say you were making anything up, all I said was that if Sather was that candid about Jagr signing with Edmonton and no one has picked up on it yet, I just find that astonishing.

Blueshirts Blueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:44 PM
  #104
Klaus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: dead
Country:
Posts: 15,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Jagr is willing to play in friggin Siberia so going to Edmonton is should not be a huge surprise if true...also Jagr talked about how much he wanted to play in Canada last season. Edmonton also offers Jagr a high tempo offense on the best ice surface in the league...

For Jagr if the money and years are right how can he say no?

From the Rangers standpoint they are sticking to their guns and it's going to cost them their best player....Is it the right move? (knowing the salary cap situation this year and next) I don't know...it might be...which is painful for me to say....I would hate to see him leave but I'm not sure I'd give him a 2 year contract.....however this isn't a player Sather can just replace with money on the free agent market nobody out there is Jagr...


The Jagr situation puts the Rangers at a fork in the road...

Prediction....If Jagr signs with Edmonton so does Straka...
Don't know if we have the cap room for both. That would be crazy tough.

Klaus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:47 PM
  #105
Turambar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeds Blue View Post
The interview on MSG.com that I just watched where he's talking about Zherdev and that he wants Jagr back, but isn't sure of Jagr wants to come back, is from yesterday?

We saw two different interviews. Calm down, guy. I didn't say you were making anything up, all I said was that if Sather was that candid about Jagr signing with Edmonton and no one has picked up on it yet, I just find that astonishing.
No, there's two on there, one from yesterday and one from today, but neither was the interview I saw on MSGNY. The show replays at midnight, I think, if you'd like to see it for yourself.

Understand what it's like when I go out of my way to post what I saw on the interview and someone comes out of left field and basically calls me a liar. It's extremely aggravating.

I appreciate the apology, and sorry if I overreacted. I'm just sick some of the people around here.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:49 PM
  #106
Blueshirts Blueline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
No, there's two on there, one from yesterday and one from today, but neither was the interview I saw on MSGNY. The show replays at midnight, I think, if you'd like to see it for yourself.

Understand what it's like when I go out of my way to post what I saw on the interview and someone comes out of left field and basically calls me a liar. It's extremely aggravating.

I appreciate the apology, and sorry if I overreacted. I'm just sick some of the people around here.
Nah, dude...I wasn't trying to call you a liar or anything, so I apologize. I'll check out the relpay myself when it comes on.

Blueshirts Blueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:50 PM
  #107
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Oh sure LOTS of players are PUMPED to go play in Oil town.

MSG MANHATTAN 10X > GREAT ICE IN EDMONTON

Jagr played in Siberia only when the NHL locked him out.....right?

I think he deserves 2 years....maybe Straka is the kink in the deal...
NYC is the best city in the World but I don't think it matters as much as we'd like to think when it comes to signign here......

Jagr has a diffrent personality than LOTS of players...I think all things being equal he'd stay in New York but all things don't seem to be equal....

2 years for Jagr? I don't know man...I love the guy and apperciate everything he's done here but 2 years is tough....I just don't see the Rangers giving Jagr 2 years...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:54 PM
  #108
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,489
vCash: 500
Hes been a great fit here. He goes to Edmonton he runs the risk of ...well you know.... dieing inside

Were talking 2 years , not 4. This season and next season

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:06 PM
  #109
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Hes been a great fit here. He goes to Edmonton he runs the risk of ...well you know.... dieing inside
I don't know...Jagr seems to know a little bit about the city...

Quote:
perhaps to Bistro Praha, the terrific Czech restaurant downtown where Jaromir Jagr and his countrymen went for dinner last night.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...to-lineup.html

Now I know one night on the town means nothing but it's not like Edmonton isn't a real city...Jagr seems like a proud guy and from everything he said in his interview with the Czech media Edmonton fits the situation he was looking for...

I hope he's back with the Rangers but to use the "New York is everything" card is pointless...This is about comfort and money...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:07 PM
  #110
Blueshirts Blueline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
I just saw the interview on MSG NY...Sather said he didn't hear from Jagr's agent at all today and that he expects to hear from him now that Hossa's signed, but the last thing he heard was that he was going to "step into Edmonton" whatever that means. So, Sather didn't say he's signing with the Oilders per se...just that he basically heard like the rest of us that Edmonton was talking with him.

Blueshirts Blueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:12 PM
  #111
Klaus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: dead
Country:
Posts: 15,014
vCash: 500
Guys. Obviously Edmonton can't compete as a city compared to New York.

Manhattan is absolutely breathtaking and probably one of the best places in the world.

However, Jagr has expressed interest in playing with Hemsky and the Oilers new billionaire owner has vowed to approach big name UFA's as hard as he can.

We almost got Hossa. Who knows. Local radio says they haven't heard of JJ in Edmonton yet.

Klaus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:13 PM
  #112
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I
I hope he's back with the Rangers but to use the "New York is everything" card is pointless...This is about comfort and money...
Lots of travel to play in Edmonton. 37 years old....

Plus they are not exactly a contender. Long travel after losing is not comfy

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:18 PM
  #113
Klaus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: dead
Country:
Posts: 15,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Lots of travel to play in Edmonton. 37 years old....

Plus they are not exactly a contender. Long travel after losing is not comfy
With Jagr, Edmonton would be considered favourites to win the NW division.

We just added Cole and Visnovsky while other NW teams have either gotten weaker or stood pat.

Klaus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:32 PM
  #114
CrosbyMalkin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynegetic Dawg View Post
With Jagr, Edmonton would be considered favourites to win the NW division.

We just added Cole and Visnovsky while other NW teams have either gotten weaker or stood pat.
What does that mean. You still could not compete with the Wings and that means you can't get to the cup. I will be surprised if he is not a Ranger. I would love to have him in a Pens Uniform but I don't believe Shero will pay the money.

CrosbyMalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:37 PM
  #115
Klaus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: dead
Country:
Posts: 15,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyMalkin View Post
What does that mean. You still could not compete with the Wings and that means you can't get to the cup. I will be surprised if he is not a Ranger. I would love to have him in a Pens Uniform but I don't believe Shero will pay the money.
Well, I'm sure nobody expected us to win in 2006 against Detroit either.

Klaus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 02:49 AM
  #116
OILFAN #81
Registered User
 
OILFAN #81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nyr080703.html

Jagr, Rangers parting ways?

The New York Daily News reports the Rangers and star forward Jaromir Jagr might be going in two opposite directions.
The Rangers have offered Jagr a one-year, $6 million deal and the superstar would prefer to sign a two-year contract.

According to the paper, there has been a lack of communication between the Rangers and Jagr's agent.

Rangers GM Glen Sather was focused on another player Tuesday and pitched a more lucrative offer to Marian Hossa, who signed with Detroit.

The Daily News also claims the Rangers offered defenseman Brooks Orpik a five-year deal worth more than the $3.75 million annual salary he'll receive from the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Asked if that meant the Rangers had decided to move on without Jagr, Sather told the newspaper: "I'm not saying that. It may be a reality."

Jagr, meanwhile, has received an offer from the Edmonton Oilers and said he isn't sure if he'll be back in New York next season.

"First of all, I'll tell you one thing, I'm not angry because I always believe that everything that happens, happens for a reason," Jagr told the Daily News. "It's possible. Everything is possible.

"But it doesn't look to me like I was their first choice. And I don't know if I was No.2 or No.3."

OILFAN #81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 03:13 AM
  #117
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyMalkin View Post
What does that mean. You still could not compete with the Wings and that means you can't get to the cup. I will be surprised if he is not a Ranger. I would love to have him in a Pens Uniform but I don't believe Shero will pay the money.
That's some fuzzy logic. I don't think the Rangers are much closer to the Wings then the Oil are so why would he sign for either?

mike14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 03:49 AM
  #118
britdevil
Tea with milk...
 
britdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Internets.
Posts: 18,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nyr080703.html

Jagr, Rangers parting ways?

The New York Daily News reports the Rangers and star forward Jaromir Jagr might be going in two opposite directions.
The Rangers have offered Jagr a one-year, $6 million deal and the superstar would prefer to sign a two-year contract.

According to the paper, there has been a lack of communication between the Rangers and Jagr's agent.

Rangers GM Glen Sather was focused on another player Tuesday and pitched a more lucrative offer to Marian Hossa, who signed with Detroit.

The Daily News also claims the Rangers offered defenseman Brooks Orpik a five-year deal worth more than the $3.75 million annual salary he'll receive from the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Asked if that meant the Rangers had decided to move on without Jagr, Sather told the newspaper: "I'm not saying that. It may be a reality."

Jagr, meanwhile, has received an offer from the Edmonton Oilers and said he isn't sure if he'll be back in New York next season.

"First of all, I'll tell you one thing, I'm not angry because I always believe that everything that happens, happens for a reason," Jagr told the Daily News. "It's possible. Everything is possible.

"But it doesn't look to me like I was their first choice. And I don't know if I was No.2 or No.3."
If this is true, I believe the NYR are saving cash for Kovalchuk.

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:22 AM
  #119
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,489
vCash: 500
Just take the one year deal already Jags, we need to build a team around your elite self.

No cross no crown JJ

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:26 AM
  #120
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,773
vCash: 500
Awards:
The Jagr turned down one year at 6M, he's more than welcome to leave.

I'm not sure he's going to find a better situation.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:29 AM
  #121
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,489
vCash: 500
Who are they going to replace him with?

Mr. "Im not sure if I still want to play hockey" ?

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 02:17 PM
  #122
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,489
vCash: 500
Pens just signed Fleury, Satan and Fedotenko.

I think that puts them out of the Jagr running.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.