HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anismov and Cherapanov

Old
07-02-2008, 10:13 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
Since when is Grachev considered "prime talent" ?
Since he's essentially 1st round talent the Rangers got in the 3rd round. Ya might want to check the scouting reports on the kid.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:15 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Keep Cherepenov

Package Anisimov with some of Prucha, Hollweg, Rismiller, Prospects/Picks to upgrade at forward or D

07-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Jon,

Do you think Anisimov has a higher upside than Dubinsky? And I haven't seen the kid play much at all, and I know player comparisons are difficult, but who does the kid remind you of? Finally, what do you think the kid can score consistently in his prime?

Thanks, appreciate it.
I absolutely do. I love Dubi. I think he's a 65 point player for his career.

Anisimov, though, is a different beast. The hockey smarts and natural skills he possesses could bring him into the 80 point territory. I really think he has the skills to be a #1, two-way center. His mental game is one of the best around.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:21 PM
NYRamonte10

Cherry

speaking of highly ranked, The Hockey News had Cherry as 7th overall.. for last years draft ( or year before cant remember)

NYRamonte10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:21 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
The comparison I've made with Dubi is Rod Brind'Amour. But, JOrts, (of all people), made an even better one - Trevor Linden.

Quote:
Anisimov, though, is a different beast. The hockey smarts and natural skills he possesses could bring him into the 80 point territory. I really think he has the skills to be a #1, two-way center. His mental game is one of the best around.
Eventually...I think he starts out on the wing. I'm not sure if he's physically ready, (unlike Dubi, who had the strength last year to do so), to handle the rigors of playing center in the NHL.

Old
07-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Since he's essentially 1st round talent the Rangers got in the 3rd round. Ya might want to check the scouting reports on the kid.
I've seen all the scouting reports, I was well aware of this kid long before the draft.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but he's not a prime talent. His skating is extremely poor, by all accounts, and that alone makes him less than a prime talent.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
I'd be a bit more cautious about declaring Anisimov NHL-ready. His performance in the development camp was impressive, but he was playing against mostly Junior and ECHL level players. As a top 6 AHL forward, he should have been the best player on the ice.

I'll wait and see how he looks in camp. I don't think it would be a bad thing to send him down for another year so he can be one of the go-to guys in Hartford and put up 70 points. Dubinsky was able to make the jump after a 40 point season in Hartford, but he's not on a typical development path.

Kodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Keep Cherepenov

Package Anisimov with some of Prucha, Hollweg, Rismiller, Prospects/Picks to upgrade at forward or D
Why would you want to move Anisimov? He's the best chance the Rangers have at a homegrown #1 center.

And yes, I think he'll be better than Dubinsky.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Destroy me all you want, but I'd rather move Cherepanov than Anisimov.

I see similar upside in the two, yet much more risk in Cherepanov than in Anisimov.

I also think that Cherepanov has more value than Anisimov does and could bring back a better return as well.

Old
07-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Ash

Wow, a Brind'Amour/Linden comp for Dubinsky? I'd take that 8 days a week.

Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Ash

I'd only trade Cherry if it meant bringing back a legitimate 75+ point young winger, or young #1 d-man type.

Cherry has 80+ point, all-star talent. I think if he's traded, you better make sure you get a young stud in return, mainly because, I don't think we have any winger in our system with this potential.

Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:31 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Grachev has more offensive potetial than AA. For those that don't see him as a bg time prospect, than you obviously haven't watched this kid play. I was sold after Russia beat Canada at the U-18's and he scored the game winner, with an absolute thing of beauty solo effort.
Also, is it CONFIRMED that Cherry will not be coming over this season?

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:33 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
I've seen all the scouting reports, I was well aware of this kid long before the draft.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but he's not a prime talent. His skating is extremely poor, by all accounts, and that alone makes him less than a prime talent.
I don't think it's nearly as bad a some have reported...watching the videos on NYR.com, i think you get a pretty good sense of his skating ability, and others, who have watched him closely, including the poster Avy, (and another whose name escapes me), claim has skating is a non-issue. You can obviously judge for yourself, but, IMO, he's got at least top six ability.

Old
07-02-2008, 10:49 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Why would you want to move Anisimov? He's the best chance the Rangers have at a homegrown #1 center.
Drury, Gomez, Dubinsky, Betts

Very solid down the middle, very speculative at all the wings at the moment.

Present wingers signed: Zherdev, Dawes, Callahan, Prucha, Hollweg, Sjostrum, Orr, Voros, Rismiller, Fritsche,

I LOVE THE ZHERDEV. It was so awesome just typing that just now.

But I'd say there are questionable issues with all those other wingers "IF" they are expected to play top 6 minutes.

We really should parlay some talent into an upgrade. We still need more proven scoring touch.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:51 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:

I see similar upside in the two, yet much more risk in Cherepanov than in Anisimov.
Would you feel differently if Cherepenov makes the jump to North America?

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:58 PM
dank

no need to trade ani or chere or dubi, or anyyone
noo.

i like Anisimov a LOT

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Would you feel differently if Cherepenov makes the jump to North America?
Actually, no. I think that Anisimov is much safer and has similar upside.

Old
07-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Exactly...when them prime talent in the organization - Sanguinetti, Anisimov, Cherepanov, Del Zotto and Grachev - is ready, Ranger brass will find places for them.
Also you've gotta figure at least some of them will turn into busts. There's very little chance both Sang and DZ turn into top-2 dmen. I'd bet on one of them being a top pairing D and the other being a 6-7 dman like Hutchinson.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Holy smokes, we had the same debate last year about Dubinsky. I remember people debating Dubi v. AA though those who knew what they were talking about all agreed that Dubi was much closer to the NHL than AA.

So now we have the same debate about AA. And yes, of course, if AA deserves a spot on the Rangers, room will be made for him. Duh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
And I'm saying that if AA shows he deserves a spot this year the organization will make a spot for him. They aren't going to keep a stud down in Hartford to simply waste away. The key is the player needs to prove he's ready for the NHL game, day in and day out. A lot of guys can come up and look good for a game or two, but it takes more than that to earn a full time roster spot. Believe me, the team has their eyes on these kids, and has a plan for them.

Old
07-02-2008, 11:10 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
i seriously think AA has a chance to be like Datsyuk or Fedorov. It sounds insane but I just have a feeling which isn't much but. He really could turn into something special.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Yeah, I definitely think Moore is closer to the NHL than AA. He already has an NHL body, and had significantly more points in Hartford than AA.

He's also suited for the 4th line and can play all 3 forward positions, while AA would have to compete with all our centers for a spot on the top 3 lines.

At this point, he should be the odds on favorite over AA to make it.

However, I do like the odds of AA playing at least 20-25 games in MSG when injuries hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRamonte10 View Post
07-08 season stats for Greg Moore: GP:72 G:26 A:40 P:66 +/-:27 PIM:31

Ht: 6ft, 1
Wt: 210 pounds!

Is that helping a little bit? Watching him in the preseason games is what made me think he could be good... We will see him this pre season too.

Old
07-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
i seriously think AA has a chance to be like Datsyuk or Fedorov. It sounds insane but I just have a feeling which isn't much but. He really could turn into something special.
I guess you never had a chance to see Feds in the mid-90s.

Old
07-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:

With you on this one Jonathan. I think with Anisimov progressing so well and adapting to the NA game so quickly, the Rangers are going to make a hole in the lineup no matter what when he is ready to make the jump.

I think he is going to be one of those centers that just frustrates the crap out of the opposing top line defensively, but also possesses that offensive punch to really make the most of any turnovers he generates. Having a line centered by Anisimov that you can roll out against another teams top line to shut them down defensively is great. But to have that same line be able to turn it around and expose the defensive liabilities of the other teams top line, that's just amazing.

I have to imagine with Anisimov progressing quickly, and the addition of Fritsche this afternoon, something is going to give. I have to say I think that something is Dubinsky. Either he's going to get moved to the top line wing in a power foward role, or he'll be moved for another top-six winger.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Edge

Anisimov is getting there, but I think opening night or even November is REALLY pushing it.

The kid has great vision and hockey sense but still has a lot of work to do on his strength, shooting and overall level of play.

That is going be the challange for Ranger fans with Anisimov. He's a VERY talented center but a kid who is a work in progress. There are going to be nights where that talent is very evident, but he's exactly the type of kid you DON'T want to rush. I've been saying that since he was drafted and I don't think anything has changed. The only thing that has changed is that people actually know/have seen what I'm talking about and so now there is that slow buildup of whisphers that I think are going to be pushing for a premature promotion.

As for the comparison between Dubi and Anisimov, I think Dubinsky is the safer pick of the two but Anisimov has the higher skill set and ceiling. Dubinsky, if he never scores 20 goals in his life will be a third line center who aggrivates, fights and chips in some points (outside of the third one I just can't really see any comparison to Linden). Anisimov has legit top-six potential, though I think he has more room to be hit or miss. There are a lot more moving parts in his game that have to line up and with the type of player he is, close enough vs. actually lining up is a pretty big difference that will have a dramatic impact on the type of player he becomes.

As for Anisimov vs. Cherepanov, it's a bit of a role reversal for Anisimov. In this case he is the safer pick, but Cherepanov is the one with really top level skills. That's not an insult with Anisimov, it's just Cherepanov has some top shelf stuff that is better than Anisimovs IF he puts it all together.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:57 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
I guess you never had a chance to see Feds in the mid-90s.
I did but he may not have the same development time as Fedorov had. Besides, being stuck behind prospects in terms of skill and potential like Staal, Sanguinetti and Cherepanov, a player like Anisimov could get lost in terms of hype. I am probably wrong but I just see him being something really special.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote