HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thank you Tyutin and Good Luck!

Old
07-03-2008, 02:20 AM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
Damn...150+ views and only 24 thanks/good luck to Toots?

All of you should at least say a thank you to the man who played hard ever game and gave it his all...kind of embarrassing that only a few of you took the whole 2 seconds of your life to thank him and wish him good luck...

(and for you GUESTS...sign up already will you? Join the most active hockey board on the net, the more Ranger fans the better)

To the regulars...are you serious?..cant take 2 seconds? Looks like crap when we cant even give nice farewell to a core player of 5 seasons. Its great to think of the jersey first and not the player...but this guy gave us it all when he was with us...lets not spit on him as he cleans his locker out.

Toots...im praying your back with us in 3 years...

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 02:23 AM
9darter
Soft Euro

vCash: 738
Thanks Fedor, welcome back in a few years.

9darter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 02:34 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I request a Fedor Tyutin farewell/tribute video. I think he deserves it, and he should be back after his contract expires, all the Ruskies should be over here by then..Anismov...Cherepanov..Zherdev etc.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 03:58 AM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
sad to see Toots go. Post lockout, without a doubt one of my favourite Rangers. And as someone else mentioned - a symbol of what's been good about the Rangers since that time.

A very good player, a humble man. It was a pleasure having him as a Ranger.

Best of luck to him in Columbus! And welcome to Zherdev. For Toots to have to leave, it needed to be a good trade, and I think we got one Still sad though! Not really genuinley felt sad to see a player go in a long time, but when I read this yesterday, my first thought was 'nooooooooooooooooooooooo'!!! But the players we got back did make it a deal worth doing.

kickice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 05:51 AM
eco's bones

His offense never came around but in all other respects he was solid for us. Good skater, good at moving the puck out of the zone, taking hits, killing penalties. And he was physical--I like guys who hit but aren't constantly taking penalties. To me it was unfair how a lot of people jumped on him at times. Even with 3 + seasons he's still a very young d-man and all blueliners make mistakes now and again. He's going to be a solid player for the Bluejackets.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 05:58 AM
tlallstar6

vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to tlallstar6
thanks alot toots.

and,

so much for getting that backman jersey i always wanted

tlallstar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 06:02 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Never one of my real favorites, but he was pretty solid and I certainly never had anything really "bad" to say about him.

I feel for you, Toots. I'm sure you're not very thrilled right now.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 06:38 AM
shon

I am happy for him. Usually trades work out for the best for the player. Obviously Columbus wants him and NY didn't have him in the top 4 which he deserves.
Good luck Toots.
Hope the fans in Columbus love u as much as some of us did.
I hope their fans are better the some of the ranger fans.

shon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

I don't have a thank you for him because he probably won't read this and it won't matter, however....

It was good to have Tyutin here and he was developing into a real steady defender. I hope he gains his full potential in Colombus and turns into a good player for them.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 06:51 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Good luck Toots! Hopefully you'll be back in blue one day! One of my faves.

Ih8theislanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 07:06 AM
The_Captain

Thanks for all you GREAT HITS toots!

The_Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 07:23 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Toots, you always were a favorite of mine....best of luck in Columbus and come back when you hit UFA

07-03-2008, 07:38 AM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

bye tyutin. You gave us some great years! Thank you for everything!

Girardi will be lonely with you not on his defensive pair

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 07:44 AM
redbranch

Always loved watching Tyutin play. a cornerstone of the rangers post-lockout, and it's really sad to see him leave. Here's to a long and successful career Tyutin!

redbranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 07:50 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
He definitely deserves this thread, he was #1 as the the most long term Ranger with the most games player as a Ranger on our Roster last season..I dont think I worded that right but figure out what I mean. We drafted him, watched him grow and mature into quite the defenseman.

Always solid in his own zone, threw the deadly hipcheck once and awhile that we are going to miss and was so damn calm with the puck, never afriad to take a hit to move it in the defensive zone. Offense never really developed with us but he was still a huge part of the team each night.

Hard seeing a core piece leave the organization but I guess it was a must when we have a chance to get a potential young star.

Thanks Fedor for your play with us, and good luck with your new team! Hopefully you emerge as a top pairing dman for the Jackets...we know you got it in you. Never regretted getting your jersey and wearing it to every Ranger game...

Farewell Toots, Thanks and Good Luck

I will miss Toots out there....and really feel he will blossom into an even better player, I hope he eventually makes his way back to NY!

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:14 AM
Nemchinov13

Good luck, Fedor. We love you. You were the first homegrown Ranger in more than a decade. We've followed you from the day you were drafted as 40th overall of 2001 draft. We've had high hopes for you, and while you never became a 50 point defenseman, you have always given 100%effort every shift, never shying ever from a hit or a slapshot.

Good luck, Fedor. Perhaps you'll be on a 1st PP unit in CBJ and score 50 points after all.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:21 AM
DontStepanMe

One of my favorite Rangers. I'm going to miss you alot and I still believe that you will reach your potential. Thanks for giving your best night in and night out, and some of those sick hits.

hopefully you come back in 4 yrs when your contract is up and we lose Rosy.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
I will miss him for sure. Him and Danny G were nothing short of a god send two years ago down the stretch.

Now I will only have to drive up from Cincinnati to Columbus to see Toots instead of all the way to NYC!

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:38 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Tyutin is the posterboy for the Rangers new surge in youth - it all started with him IMO.

Its kind of ironic he goes in a trade for an even younger, more talented player that the Rangers could NOT have passed up on.

But this is what you have to do to be successful, especially for a team this active in signing free agents. Build build build your prospects and assets and if you need to, trade them away for the pieces you need to surround the FA's you lock up long term. Not all will be traded of course, you still need that homegrown talent and youth.

What i love so much about losing Tyutin is they got someone younger back. But back to Tyutin, because this thread is about him.

Tyutin wil lbe missed. There were moments when he and Girardi were the #1 pairing IMO. Tyutin came to play every game and progressed very nicely in this system. If they somehow could have retained him AND get Zherdev it would have been fantastic, but you have to give to get. I kinda of felt Tyutin was being bred for the right trade. Im just glad it wasnt for a scrub or 35 year old. Every time Zherdev scores we can thank Tyutin.

I'll miss the hip checks he learned from Kaspar, his solid work on the boards and his occasional flash of offense, stepping up into the play. I think if Tyutin matured a little more offensively and popped in another 5-7 goals last year, he might still be a Ranger. But lets not take away this guys heart and quiet play.

Good luck and go get em in the West.

Hitch got a good d-man, and Columbus should be proud.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:43 AM
bymer

Spasiba Fedor, udachi!

hope to see him back as a UFA

bymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:43 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Thanks Tyutin!! I bet any amount of money he will be back to us when his contract expires. (Too bad Sather didnt give him a one year deal!)

I for one, will give him a standing ovation if and when he returns to MSG.

07-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Shadowrunner

Send a message via ICQ to Shadowrunner Send a message via AIM to Shadowrunner
Thank you, Fedor, and best of luck. I think many of us fell in love with your stoic demeanor from that video Kaspar shot back at the Olympics. You guys remember?

"Here's Toots reading a newspaper... he's been reading the same newspaper for a week now... Say hi, Toots!"

Shadowrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:13 AM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
First post since '07 -- I had to come back here for this one to see what everyone else was saying.

I heard this on 1050 this morning on my way into work and I had no words... Zherdev is great, I have admired him since he started.

But boy oh boy, Tyutin... We all knew, in the back of our minds, that this would one day happen. But was everyone ready for it?? 'Cause I wasn't.

I will always love this player, no matter what team he is on in the future (hopefully he comes back). And I will always remember Kasparaitis' home video from the Russian Team with "Toots" reading that newspaper all the way in a different seat on the plane hahaha, I love that video.

I will severely miss Toots

Good luck buddy.

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowrunner View Post
Thank you, Fedor, and best of luck. I think many of us fell in love with your stoic demeanor from that video Kaspar shot back at the Olympics. You guys remember?

"Here's Toots reading a newspaper... he's been reading the same newspaper for a week now... Say hi, Toots!"
Oh man, that was hillarious!

Anyone remembers when he scored his first goal? Against Florida at the end of the 2003-04 campaign and it was 3-on-5!!!

Old
07-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Tyutin is the posterboy for the Rangers new surge in youth - it all started with him IMO.

Its kind of ironic he goes in a trade for an even younger, more talented player that the Rangers could NOT have passed up on.

But this is what you have to do to be successful, especially for a team this active in signing free agents. Build build build your prospects and assets and if you need to, trade them away for the pieces you need to surround the FA's you lock up long term. Not all will be traded of course, you still need that homegrown talent and youth.

What i love so much about losing Tyutin is they got someone younger back. But back to Tyutin, because this thread is about him.

Tyutin wil lbe missed. There were moments when he and Girardi were the #1 pairing IMO. Tyutin came to play every game and progressed very nicely in this system. If they somehow could have retained him AND get Zherdev it would have been fantastic, but you have to give to get. I kinda of felt Tyutin was being bred for the right trade. Im just glad it wasnt for a scrub or 35 year old. Every time Zherdev scores we can thank Tyutin.
I'll miss the hip checks he learned from Kaspar, his solid work on the boards and his occasional flash of offense, stepping up into the play. I think if Tyutin matured a little more offensively and popped in another 5-7 goals last year, he might still be a Ranger. But lets not take away this guys heart and quiet play.

Good luck and go get em in the West.

Hitch got a good d-man, and Columbus should be proud.
Well said, brother. Amen to the bolded part.