HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Dandenault

Old
06-30-2008, 12:28 PM
revin5*

vCash: 500
Waive him or trade him. He's not going to be happy in the role he's going to have.

edit: no buyout though!

revin5* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 12:34 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I have a hunch on Dandy...I think they are being patient because there is another buyout peroid...once the big name UFA's are out of the way, some teams will be looking to add veteran presence and/or get to the cap floor(having to spend money). Since he is on a 1 year deal, is versatile and has a cup ring, I think he might get a taker. If not then I can see buying him out in the 2nd buyout period in August.
I believe that opportunity depends on salary arbitration cases, however.
Quote:
Wether Stewart and D'angostini are ready or not, if they are your #14 and 15 forwards, you don't need Dandenault...same thing on defense with Brisebois as #7 and Valentenko/Carle as 8 and 9.
I guess I just can't see it that way. The value of borderline young players playing in Hamilton and improving, developing, is greater to me than their value sitting in the pressbox/just practising with the big team.

I'm also appalled to see you mention Brisebois.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Smolinsky And Dandeneault: What Will Happen To Them?

Smolinsky And Dandeneault: What Will Happen To Them?

Smolinski the hairless speed demon And Dandeneault the defenseman who cant play defense...

Now that its too late to buy them out, what will the Habs do with them?

Will they be traded? (who would want them...)

Should they have been bought out?

Could we replace them with two of our prospects and wich ones?

Your thoughts?

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:01 AM
_DrMario_

Smoke is a UFA.

_DrMario_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:01 AM
David_99

Smoke is a free agent, so he's off our backs... for now

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:02 AM
znk

Smolinski is UFA.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:08 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Didn't Gainey say in his press conference something about bringing Smoke back? Maybe it was just a nightmare I was having? I really really don't want to see him back not a a fan at all. As for Dandenault, hope Gainey finds a home for him unless he wants to keep him around for depth, chewing up cap space as there's just no room for him in the lineup.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:09 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Didn't Gainey say in his press conference something about bringing Smoke back? Maybe it was just a nightmare I was having? I really really don't want to see him back not a a fan at all. As for Dandenault, hope Gainey finds a home for him unless he wants to keep him around for depth, chewing up cap space as there's just no room for him in the lineup.
I don't remember that and I hope it was a nightmare of yours.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:10 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
i didnt think Smoke was a UFA... no more beer in my Corn Flakes!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
i didnt think Smoke was a UFA... no more beer in my Corn Flakes!
It's surely your greatest day of the year, today...

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Smoke is probably going to be a late signing for a team in need of a quick fix (hopefully not us).

As for Dandy , well we are stuck with him for now. Bob may keep him around as a spare part or maybe try to buy him/waive him out if he's unhappy with his role. I think he will start the year with us but won't finish it unless he has a major comeback or something.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Talent Analyst

Dandenault will be with us for another year, because of his experience in playoff and will help our young team.

Smolinski, well, I hope Gainey don't sign him back.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:31 AM
David_99

Quote:
I also remember him mentioning this. Though it was a couple weeks before July 1st and he also mentioned talking to Ryder and Streit, and we know how they turned out.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:33 AM
JMMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Dandenault will be with us for another year, because of his experience in playoff and will help our young team.

Smolinski, well, I hope Gainey don't sign him back.

How much can he help the young guys out when all he is doing is sitting in the press box.
I know he has 3 cups but you need to lead by example on and off the ice and I do not doubt how Dandenault is off the ice because I know he is a class act the problem is his on ice play just is not good enough for this team especially at near 2 million cap hit.

Old
07-03-2008, 08:42 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
How much can he help the young guys out when all he is doing is sitting in the press box.
I know he has 3 cups but you need to lead by example on and off the ice and I do not doubt how Dandenault is off the ice because I know he is a class act the problem is his on ice play just is not good enough for this team especially at near 2 million cap hit.
I'd rather a two million cap hit this year then 850k or whatever this year and next.

Better to wait it out.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:44 AM
JMMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
I'd rather a two million cap hit this year then 850k or whatever this year and next.

Better to wait it out.
Well I am not asking for a buy out but I think he could facilitate a trade, there has to be a team out there looking for a utility player with "experience".

Old
07-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
This guys know how to win. But doesn't have the confidence and lack skills. But he show us last year that he have character. A veteran who win 3 cup help the younger by leadership and exemple. On-ice, we all seen that he gives everything he can, but this is not enough. But off-ice, he can help the kids the way they train, talk to them about the sacrifice they have to made to win the cup.

He can bring more than a rookie with average talent like him.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:47 AM
JMMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
This guys know how to win. But doesn't have the confidence and lack skills. But he show us last year that he have character. A veteran who win 3 cup help the younger by leadership and exemple. On-ice, we all seen that he gives everything he can, but this is not enough. But off-ice, he can help the kids the way they train, talk to them about the sacrifice they have to made to win the cup.

He can bring more than a rookie with average talent like him.
Yes sure but that off ice stuff can be done by Carbonneau, Muller, Jarvis and even Kovalev. I know he has what it takes to win and I know he works hard, he is a tremendous skater but I just think that another year of playing 1 in every 7 or 8 games will take a toll on his attitude and willingness to help the young players out. The same young players who are preventing him from playing.

Old
07-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I think they'll wait until after the UFA period to decide on Dandenault, right now he is insurance in case Bob doesn't get anybody he likes at a reasonable price. If Bob gets a UFA he likes I think Dandy will be moves somewhere, maybe to a team needing salary to get to the cap floor.

Smolinski might be plan G or H, but right now Bob seems to have a few guys in his sights...really there is only one spot for those 2 or a UFA with 8 top 3 line slots taken plus 5-6 guys that can play 4th line. Ideally Chichura is your 4th line center next year with a few energy players on the wing(Begin Lapierre Kotso Stewart).

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:53 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I hope Dandenault is traded. With the ridiculous contracts handed out to Hainsey, Finger and Streit.. there has to be some team desperate enough for a defenceman that they'd take a cheap solution like Dandenault?

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Puckhead58*

Dandenault should be bought out, traded or sent to the minors because we don't have room for him on our current roster. There are other players that add more to the team than just a little bit of experience. I would rather have someone who can score and make plays then to have what little bit of experience that Dandy provides.

We have other, better options up front and Dandenault isn't a good enough defencemen to keep around. Brisebois would be better to keep around for an extra defencemen than Dandy.....as much as it kills me to say that!!!

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
I think he was just being polite about Smoke.

Honestly, I can see Dandenault sticking around next season. I think Carbo may be a little too attached to the idea of having a player that can move from forward to defense within the same game. Just a hunch.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:30 AM
frederixx

Dandenault will get traded (to his request) for a 4th pick really soon.

frederixx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by frederixx View Post
Dandenault will get traded (to his request) for a 4th pick really soon.
I'd accept a 6/7th rounder in a trade for him.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Well I am not asking for a buy out but I think he could facilitate a trade, there has to be a team out there looking for a utility player with "experience".
I wouldn't complain about that.

I'd like to see him mentor people in Hamilton, honestly, he has no use in the NHL.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote