HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hilarious Goals

Old
06-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Trepanated

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklours View Post
Goal is good, the ref is part of the play, you have to deal with it the same way you have to deal with a bad call, or the same way you deal with any other puck that hits a referee. You never see a referere blow the whistle because a puck hit him.
Well, the rules under which rec leagues and such may vary, but by NHL rules that is not true. In general the referees are "in play" and pucks that deflect off them won't be blown dead. However, Rule 78.5 says that any puck that deflects directly off an official into the goal should be disallowed.

Trepanated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 01:49 PM
frito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trepanated View Post
Well, the rules under which rec leagues and such may vary, but by NHL rules that is not true. In general the referees are "in play" and pucks that deflect off them won't be blown dead. However, Rule 78.5 says that any puck that deflects directly off an official into the goal should be disallowed.
That's what I thought.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2008, 09:08 AM
SJGoalie32

That's strange. I looked it up in the NHL rulebook and you are correct, but I could have sworn that the rule used to be that the referee was considered to be "in play" and that any goal that bounced off an official (though I never thought it would happen to me) would count.

Maybe that rule was changed in the last few years?

Regardless, I thought it was a valid goal at the time, those refs miss a LOT of other more important calls/rules, and we were losing 8-1 with 90 seconds to play. I thought better than to make a huge fuss about either the call or his inability to get out of the way.

SJGoalie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2008, 03:46 AM
lotus

Earlier this season I was on a partial break but as I felt pressure at about the top of the circles, I let a quick snapper go. It hit the goalie right under the mask apparently, hitting his rather weak neck protector. I was busy being tackled down to notice what happened but apparently he was trying to prevent himself from falling as he hung onto the net, but the puck was just spinning on the goal line, I looked up in time to see my teammate smash it in.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Saved*

I've played all positions, and unlike most, was very good at all. My funniest goal I ever let in was probably when I was hugging the left post, the puck somehow managed to deflect off my outter pad and through the hole in my skate, into the net. I laughed about that one for quite some time, there was very little I could do.

The funniest one I scored was one that I actually saw in pro hockey as well. I tee'd it up and it hit the metal part holding the two panes of glass together, bounced off the goalies head and in a.l.a Belarus vs Sweden?

Saved* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Saved*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensfan86 View Post
I recall playing our rivals in high school hockey during my junior season. It was 3-2 us, with about four minutes remaining. Our goalie had played incredible all game and was truly the reason we were still winning. We happened to be on the power play, and their defenseman picked up the puck and cleared it from his own blue line. The puck was bouncing and somehow managed to beat our goalie 5-hole from like 100 feet out. There wasn't much I could say/do given our goalie had about 35 saves at that point. Fortunately we regrouped and won in OT.
My first high school game was also my first real "checking" game. My very first shift I got leveled while skating out from behind the net to pass the puck out. My pass went errant and cleared the zone. The guy was nice enough to help me up though.

We both start skating out and I get the pass at center ice, skated in alone. I was kind of nervous to shoot, so I started side-skating, hoping for a team-mate to get into the play so I could pass it off. When I didn't see any in time, I just wired it. 1st goal 1st shot 1st shift. Just squeaked by the post and goalies skate I believe.

Saved* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Al Bundy*

I was once playing a game of floor hockey in gym class, when the opposing goalie fell down (he got tripped up by his own teammate).

The puck was near me, and I scored from the other side!

Al Bundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 01:05 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
i'm sure i had a few, but the only one i can remember now is this one time, their defenseman had the puck behind his net, setting it up, as my line was making a change. i went into the zone and stopped in front their net. well he came out on one side of the net to make a pass, I turned towards him to force him and the idiot passed the puck in front of his net....atleast he tried to and the puck went off my shin pad and went in the net while his goalie stood there for a good 5 seconds before he had any idea what was going on

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Larsson
4th Line Boys

Probably was the worst goal I've ever allowed.

Happened when I was about 10-11. Some kid was crossing over the blue line and took a high wrist shot towards me. It was high enough (taller than me) that I thought it would go over the net, so I just let it go.

Yeah, it floated over me and into the net. You could hear the shock from the crowd on that one.

Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Vik

One time we were having trouble getting the puck out of our zone so one of our dmen just flipped it down the ice. I was a winger and took off after it. It wasn't going for icing and I was clearly going to win the race for it so the goalie came out to play it. He got there a second before I could so I lunged for it. The goalie ended up firing it into my stick and it deflected up into my face and bounced past him into the open net.

Vik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Ten

Cut down the left wing, tried to protect the puck out away from me with one hand. When bringing the puck back to the forehand (right), it hopped over my blade. I still continued onwards and the goalie didn't realize the puck was in the net until I skated to the bench instead of putting a shot on net.

Of course, I had to say I totally meant to do it.

Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2008, 06:16 AM
WithOutPaperss

One time right at the beginning of the game I won the face off and raced up the ice. I saw a player in front of the net, and I was behing the goal line. I threw the puck in front and got hit so had no clue what happened. Everyone came up to me and said I scored so I thought they were lying. What happened was it hit the goalie's stick and went in.

Another time I was going down the wing and got tripped, so while on my back I shot the puck and it hit their player in front of the net and went threw the goalie's five hole.

WithOutPaperss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 04:13 PM
santiclaws

Most recently, beer league - exactly like that Russia-Switzerland clip. One of our players fires a beautiful wrister inside the post. He scored into the right net later later and we won the game, but he was really, really upset about it, talked about quitting the team.

Many years ago, college club level was the weirdest I ever saw - the opposing team's goalie went out to play the puck, and completely lost his bearings in trying to shoot the puck behind his goal - fired it right into the middle of the net from about six feet out.

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo-Pope View Post
I'm pretty sure that's an illegal play.
Yeah, me too. Guess he got lucky.

My goalie let the puck in from the other end of the rink before.

And another time, I guess the other team's main goalie was sick/hurt/they didn't have one (Cause I played against teams from small towns) anyways, the puck is lose and I just get past two defenders, out skating them to the puck and I'd be at about their blueline. I look up and their goalie is sliding towards me to pokecheck me, so I just step around him, open net

Playing defense, I don't know how, but a guy shot the puck from behind the net, the puck him my thigh protector flat, like I mean flat and somehow had enough kick to bounce off and in our net

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Tiger Trauma

Bantam House League

Probably more of an embarassing moment for the other teams goaltender. We were in an end of the year out of town tourney playing the championship game middleway through the first overtime. We had previously beaten these guys in a close round-robin game but they called up 3 of their AAA players to play in an "A" tourney, which was really unfair in our viewpoint. Especially since we were playing up a level and were arguably considered our home-towns best house league team.

ANyways we were barely hanging on as they kept pounding us in our zone. A couple of our D men went down with injuries. I thought they were more of the "Im scared and dont want to get creamed again" type injuries, but anyways our defense were down to just 3 guys, including myself.

We managed to get the puck out of our zone and dump it down the ice. To our surprise a slow moving puck managed to beat their goaltender and we ended up winning the tourney. It was really strange because the puck didn't have enough steam to reach the back of the net. From our viewpoint it looked like the goalie was cocky enough to try and stop the puck by putting the bottom of his stick on the top flat surface part of the puck, but he completely missed and it went 5hole.!

Kinda of an ironic way to win, having the opponent stack their team then loose to cockiness.

Tiger Trauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 10:38 AM
DuckedUpOnQuack

Send a message via MSN to DuckedUpOnQuack
I play D. My partner and I closed a gap on a guy who was trying to go in between us. He steps on my stick blade, falls down, and from his stomach, swats at the puck...you guessed it, top shelf.

DuckedUpOnQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 05:28 PM
Jeffro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJGoalie32 View Post
That's strange. I looked it up in the NHL rulebook and you are correct, but I could have sworn that the rule used to be that the referee was considered to be "in play" and that any goal that bounced off an official (though I never thought it would happen to me) would count.

Maybe that rule was changed in the last few years?

Regardless, I thought it was a valid goal at the time, those refs miss a LOT of other more important calls/rules, and we were losing 8-1 with 90 seconds to play. I thought better than to make a huge fuss about either the call or his inability to get out of the way.
USA Hockey rules definitely say to disallow the goal, or they did when I stopped officiating three years ago. I'd have to dig up a rule book for a reference number.

Jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:20 AM
the dude man

I was playing spring league last year and standing right next to the net. the D-man fired a high slapper, i jumped up and knocked it down with my head right to my stick and in

the dude man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 06:53 PM
nullterm

Playing inline ball hockey on the right wing. Other team had the ball in the corner and I was forechecking. He tried clearing it out of their zone but I was lucky enough to catch the ball with my crotch. Not dead on, but just enough to say "Hello, how ya doing?" and of course I wasn't wearing a cup. The ball drops down between my feet... I'm a lil slow to react and the same shooter tries to get the puck but the other forward steals and shoots at the goalie. I'm moving toward the net by this time and see the rebound on the other side of the goal. I reach out for a blind backhand and somehow it goes in as the goalie was reaching for it.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 12:32 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
My best friend once won the league championship for his team in the final game between our two squads. Basically he got a penalty shot, his whole team was waiving their arms trying to get the ref to allow someone else to shoot (he's not the most talented individual), but the ref ignored them and told him to go.

So he skates up and shakily stickhandles a little, nothing fancy, just back and forth trying to get a read on the goalie. He looked down and lost the puck and it dribbles between our goalies pads and into the net.

I talked to our goalie about it later (he was really heartbroken over it), apparently the deke was so awkward and the release made so little sense that he never saw it coming.

The same friend also scored on the superslow slapshot. There was a scramble in front of the net, the puck came loose to him, he winds up and looks like he's going to hammer it, but he gets nothing on it. The goalie reacts and doesn't have time to recover over the very slowly dribbling puck.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 12:47 AM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

not hockey but..........when i was around 15 we won a soccer weekend tournament with one i still have on VHS

after extra time im taking a shootout shot....it hits the crossbar without the goalie touching it and proceeds to fly in the air arching back high to near the penalty spot.......the goalie is running to the sideline cheering cause theyre still alive...

...i almost kicked it (wherever) out of frustration then realized the ball was still live.........

the ball's toward net spin upon landing bounced and rolled back into the net as i pointed at and gave an expression to the ref as if to say......."its going in"

winning goal...players flood field.

njdevils1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 01:10 AM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Our team is on the penalty kill, and I fire it down the ice, trying to maybe his the other teams goalie. It was kind of a weak shot, and our guy gets out of the penalty box and chases down my shot. However, the goalie is bold enough to come out and also try and get it. They race for the puck, and the goalie slides to try and cover the puck to prevent the breakaway. My teammate flips over the goalie Gaborik style. Turns out the puck went right under the goalie, and my original clear barely makes it in.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 01:49 AM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Our U-18 team was playing a fun match against a girls team our goalie was sick that day, and me having no goalie experience what so ever decided to give it a shot. I mean come on, they were girls, girls can't play hockey! 20 goals later and were the laughing stock of the league.

Back in 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Last year, our playoff winning goal came from the weakest player on the team.

I chipped it off the boards and this girl grabbed the puck and just pushes it down the ice. Doesn't shoot it, just shoves it.

The goalie goes out to play it and she misses and it goes between her legs and in.