HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Speculation: Jagr is gone

Old
07-03-2008, 10:06 AM
zestystrat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Abev's point was not lost on me. You can assume whatever scenario you'd like to hypothesize about. To me, it is a classless statement no matter the context, as I have previously stated here.

I still believe the way I do no matter how you or anyone else tries to frame it at its best possible level. It is a classless stement, if true, and I haven't heard anyone say it isn't true as of yet. That is my opinion and nothing you or Abev or anyone else writes is going to change my mind about this.
No problem, but you are making assumptions as well and that's my point.

Not trying to twist your arm or anything, just asking you to consider the source and his past track record. Feel free to boo Gomer at MSG, toss his jersey or whatever, I don't really care either way.

JJ has been such a prideful baby about this process; this comment isn’t going make a difference.

400th post!

zestystrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Fletch

I'm fine...

taking a step back. Just a bit skeptical Sather won't do something to upset us all in an attempt to not take a step back. Also, if they are taking a step back, I hope Renney doesn't play Drury 25 minutes per game as the team's "leader" and run him into the ground again.

Again, I'm fine with most of this and the direction. I just wish there was some size among the top six and top four. Hopefully that's next on the agenda.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
Meh, that Google translation really sucks

just some points from that interview...
-JJ doesn't belive he will be back
-he is not happy that Sather is not counting with him as with go-to guy, he still thinks he can do it
-Sather's final offer was 1year/6m$
-he is not happy that he was not Sather's choice #1,#2,#3...but he admits that its just business...he feels that is not needed
-Pittsburgh showed some interest
-JJ was talking about Toronto and Detroit, he adores Detroit's play and likes Toronto club
-JJ's friends are assuming that he will sign with Omsk - because Omsk "showed JJ some love", and would be go-to guy.

Personally, i think JJ is pissed off that he was not one of the re-sign priporities for Rangers. He is that kind of guy who needs to know that there is some interested in him - he now feels that is not wanted much.
Those are some of the exact reasons why it's time to move the **** on.

Sather offered 6 million for one year and Jags doesn't like that?

We are the New York Rangers, not New York Jagrs. We need to go in a different direction and run this team through a committee of players. That's what a team is.

Show us some love and go to Russia ya friggen primadonna.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
http://www.nypost.com/seven/07032008...ore_118284.htm

Now that sounds like a leader(s). They could complain about the direction the team is going. Instead they are going to step up.

Refreshing. Personally, I'm kind of excited about the direction this team is going in.
Me, too. For the hate that comment has garnered, I for one, love it. TRUE leadership in that quote.

It makes Jagr look like a real piece of garbage for all of his, "Pay me money to make me feel loved" quotes as of late.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
He wont sign with a non contender. It wont happen.

Which teams that are contenders have the need and the cap for Jaromir Jagr?

Montreal
Pittsburgh
San Jose
NYR

Lots of models fashion gigs in Montreal....
Are you saying the Oilers are not contenders after all they have done this off season? Yet in the same breath you include Montreal as a contender?

Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Poozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prucha0708 View Post
Eklund says he has news upcoming on jagr but we all know how reliable he is
I loved his thing yesterday with the NYR/CBJ trade.

First he was mad that someone had beaten him to posting it [aka he read it on TSN and posted it trying to claim he was first].

Then he tried to claim more players were involved.

Then, after that failed, he tried to claim more teams were involved.

Poozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Here's more to the quote from Brooks. If you think it's classless, I don't know what to say. It sure as hell points to two guys who were uncomfortable with the situation we had last year. It seems as though everything went through Jagr and it was a one way street.

Basically, he's showing us the hierarchy. Jagr > Gomez / Drury > Zherdev. He will most likely become what Jagr was to him to Zherdev.

Quote:
"It's going to be on Chris and me now, and that's what we wanted when we came to New York," Gomez said by phone yesterday from his home in Alaska. "If I'm playing with Zherdev, it's going to be up to me to see that it works, and I'm up for it.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Fletch

Or...

he was waiting patiently for the old man to kick the bucket and is happier than a pig in poop he finally did.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
No matter the context, I think Gomez showed a distinct lack of class with his comments.
Me too...Scott Gomez got most of his points last year PLAYING WITH JAGR...was Gomez kidding here? Gomez could've probably been a 60 point player last year...he'll get a free pass here of course..

If Gomez said this after Jagr signed someplace else that would be on thing but Jagr is still a free agent, although less likely by the day Jagr still might COME BACK!

Jagrs quotes make him a piece of garbage...really? Did you miss that part where he talked about how Sundin wouldn't work because the team is building around Gomez and Drury? i guess so...

Scott Gomez should be ashamed of himself....what a GREAT teammate...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Are you saying the Oilers are not contenders after all they have done this off season? Yet in the same breath you include Montreal as a contender?
They arent a contender

Jagr-Horcoff-Hemsky
Visnovsky-Souray

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Hossa
Rafalski-Lidstrom

Michalek-Thronton-Cheechoo
Vlasic-Carle (i kind of blanked on SJ defense and i cant edit posts)

Right now Horcoff isnt even a star center, hes a good center but compared to Thornton and Datsyuk, your not even close.

Edmonton's defense is a stunning +/- -150

Wingers:

Detroit>>>>>>>Edmonton>>>>>>SJ

Detroit
San Jose
Edmonton

Edmonton is not ready to contend for a Cup right now, and i didnt even mention any eastern teams.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:03 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by zestystrat View Post
No problem, but you are making assumptions as well and that's my point.

Not trying to twist your arm or anything, just asking you to consider the source and his past track record. Feel free to boo Gomer at MSG, toss his jersey or whatever, I don't really care either way.

JJ has been such a prideful baby about this process; this comment isnít going make a difference.

400th post!
I never boo individual Rangers players at home, like a lot of other folks do, and I don't own anyone's jersey. I will still root for Gomez and the rest despite what I think was a classless statement.

Jagr is a player that takes a ton of physical abuse on almost every shift, never whines, and produces when it matters most. I would never presume to criticize him because he wants to feel appreciated for it after what he has done in a Rangers uniform.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Blueshirts Blueline

Rumor that Jagr could decide this afternoon...Edmonton is supposedly the favorite to land him, while Pittsburgh is still monitoring. Seeing Jagr on the Pens would make me sick...

Also, supposedly we've made an offer to Naslund.

http://thefourthperiod.com/freeagents/journal.html

Blueshirts Blueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeds Blue View Post
Rumor that Jagr could decide this afternoon...Edmonton is supposedly the favorite to land him, while Pittsburgh is still monitoring. Seeing Jagr on the Pens would make me sick...

Naslund makes sense if you go by what Slats was saying about having some older guys in the lineup to help the development of the younger guys. I think he's the true goal scorer that would play well with Gomez, but he's getting a bit old and is slowing down.

I think his asking price is going to make the difference in whether or not I'm happy with the deal.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:34 AM
zestystrat

Quote:
Jagr is a player that takes a ton of physical abuse on almost every shift, never whines, and produces when it matters most. I would never presume to criticize him because he wants to feel appreciated for it after what he has done in a Rangers uniform.
I would say negoiating (indirectly or not) during the season with another team, then complaining that the NYR don't care about him enough b/c the money isn't good enough (but say it in a way "I guess they don't really want me") is whining and some would say classless too.

If you take SG's quote at face value fine, then take JJ's actions & comments at face value as well.

If you are right about SG's intentions with that comment - neither is gunning for teamate of the year.

zestystrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:44 AM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
To be fair to Slats, I think he's trying to build a group of guys under the age of 30 that he can work with.

The deal for Zherdev was a very good one, but Zherdev also is one of those guys who doesn't compromise in salary negotiations. He will probably want to get paid big $$$ this summer.
Right... I think the idea is to get a nice core that you don't have to keep turning over.

mschmidt64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:44 AM
bcrt2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Those are some of the exact reasons why it's time to move the **** on.

Sather offered 6 million for one year and Jags doesn't like that?

We are the New York Rangers, not New York Jagrs. We need to go in a different direction and run this team through a committee of players. That's what a team is.

Show us some love and go to Russia ya friggen primadonna.
Your reaction to this seems biased based on how he was labelled in Pittsburgh. If Alex Ovechkin was going to be a UFA and Washington made a half ass deal to sign him, for 1 year AFTER July 1, even though he was their best player, do you think he would be happy? Do you think we'd blame him if he didn't want to go back?

This is a guy who out produced Hossa in the regular season and in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. I would be pissed off if I out produced Hossa and then was brushed aside for him. And then after trying to give Hossa $7-8 Million in a long term deal, if they only gave me $6 Million in a 1 year deal I'd be even more pissed off.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:45 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeds Blue View Post

hearing pens fans cheering for him after booing him for so long will make me sicker.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Naslund makes sense if you go by what Slats was saying about having some older guys in the lineup to help the development of the younger guys. I think he's the true goal scorer that would play well with Gomez, but he's getting a bit old and is slowing down.

I think his asking price is going to make the difference in whether or not I'm happy with the deal.
Not sure about Naslund to be honest........I guess at a cheap price yea as long as they bring in Demitra with him and fit it under the cap

Jagr is not gone..........yet

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:48 AM
NYIslanders587

So going back to his old team in the Czech Republic is now out of the discussion?

NYIslanders587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:48 AM
mschmidt64

Well, 1 thing is clear... we had an offer out to Hossa, and if we had gotten him, it would have meant goodbye for Jagr.

He has to see how obvious that was and it probably isn't making him feel wanted.

Not that I'm blaming the Rangers. I'd love to land one more top line scoring winger as well... and I'd prefer it's not Jagr.

But there really isn't anyone left, I don't think.

mschmidt64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Dredden
JT Miller

Per Eklund:

Talking to sources late last night and this morning I have received confirmation that the Oilers have indeed had discussions with Jaromir Jagr. I am very certain that this is true. Usually rumours are rumours..this appears to be 100% fact

Sources are telling me that the deal being discussed would be a one-year deal, and leave open the strong possibility that Hossa could be signed long-term next summer.

Now I also firmly believe that Jagr and the Pens could resume talks today...

also a source in California told me to watch for a team with " very low salary to come in over the weekend and put a mega one-year deal together for Jagr...a team that no one has metioned."
"Nashville?"

Last edited by Dredden: 07-03-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:52 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by zestystrat View Post
I would say negoiating (indirectly or not) during the season with another team, then complaining that the NYR don't care about him enough b/c the money isn't good enough (but say it in a way "I guess they don't really want me") is whining and some would say classless too.

If you take SG's quote at face value fine, then take JJ's actions & comments at face value as well.

If you are right about SG's intentions with that comment - neither is gunning for teamate of the year.
I agree that what Jagr did with Omsk was classless also. I'm just apt to be more forgiving because of what he gave us during his tenure here.

We are talking about one of the ten best forwards to ever play the game. I know that shouldn't affect my judgment but it does.

One thing all of this points out quite clearly is that the Rangers had a fractured locker room last year, probably the prime reason that Avery is no longer here, too.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Im quite certain Jagr will not sign with Edmonton.

Im willing to bet anything he doesnt sign for anything less than 2 years.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:56 AM
bcrt2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Im quite certain Jagr will not sign with Edmonton.

Im willing to bet anything he doesnt sign for anything less than 2 years.
It is a rumour but I've been hearing Jagr to Edmonton rumours from Pierre McGuire, Darren Dregger, The Fourth Period, and probably a few more places.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000 View Post
It is a rumour but I've been hearing Jagr to Edmonton rumours from Pierre McGuire, Darren Dregger, The Fourth Period, and probably a few more places.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242379&l...s=topStory_nhl

just posted says he may take his time.............I don't think that is fair to the Rangers as they need to know what's up......are u back or not........if not they have to sign some FA forwards like Naslund/Demitra

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote