HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

One More Top-6 Forward? Why not Fedorov?

Old
07-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Isn't their best scoring winger? He scored 1 less goal than Michalek and played 10 fewer games. Not to mention started the season coming off of a double hernia surgery. Sure, his 50+ goal season was probably a fluke, but he's a consistent 30+ goal scorer when he's healthy and he has a great salary to boot.

Murray is a 5/6 d-man, but in case you hadn't noticed, we need 3rd pairing d-men.
OK- he may be THEIR best goal scoring winger, but he wouldn't be on most teams. As I stated, he's a declining player, I don't buy the injury nonsense of excuse. If anything, the hernia surgery will make him a worse player for the future. His 50 goal season was definitely a fluke and I doubt he hits over 35 again, or remains consistent, because he just isn't.

Just because Murray is what we need doesn't mean his value goes suddenly so far up that he is part of a deal that returns a 1st rd pick and Brandon Dubinsky.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Staal View Post
OK- he may be THEIR best goal scoring winger, but he wouldn't be on most teams. As I stated, he's a declining player, I don't buy the injury nonsense of excuse. If anything, the hernia surgery will make him a worse player for the future. His 50 goal season was definitely a fluke and I doubt he hits over 35 again, or remains consistent, because he just isn't.

Just because Murray is what we need doesn't mean his value goes suddenly so far up that he is part of a deal that returns a 1st rd pick and Brandon Dubinsky.
Well you and I are going to have to agree to disagree on Cheechoo then.

You aren't giving Dubinsky and a 1st for Murray. You're giving them Prucha and Sauer. Dubi and a first would make more sense for Cheechoo.

I actually like Vermette better than Cheechoo, but I don't think we have the pieces necessary to get him out of Ottawa.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 12:01 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Here's what is left to choose from in my estimation, please let me know if any of these guys signed and I missed it:

UFA

Pavol Demitra
Mats Sundin
Jaromir Jagr
Markus Naslund
Sergei Brylin
Ruslan Fedotenko

RFA

Antoine Vermette
Steve Bernier
Marek Svatos
Val Filppula
Pat O'Sullivan
Ryan Clowe
Bernier could be interesting, he could be a 20 goal scorer maybe. What would he cost in terms of salary and compensation?

mschmidt64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 12:02 PM
mschmidt64

Too bad we don't have a way to land a guy like Kovalchuk.

mschmidt64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
Bernier could be interesting, he could be a 20 goal scorer maybe. What would he cost in terms of salary and compensation?
Bernier could be a good option of Zherdev and Gomez are put together on a line. Zherdev might feel more comfortable being brought into a situation like he had in CLS, where he had a big RW on his line.

He'd probably sign for around 3-3.25 mil for a 2 or 3 year deal. Thats a 1st and a 3rd in compensation I believe, but Slats is old school. I don't think he's going to sheet anyone.

That leaves trading with Buffalo, and I don't think we have the pieces they're looking for.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote