HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

grabovski to toronto,we sign alex henry, cedrick desjardins

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Montrealer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Grabovski will bite us in the ass. You guys watch.
You crap all over everybody and then a guy who obviously isn't a team player at all and a possible locker room cancer you love?

Wat?

Old
07-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Habitants

wow! nice return on grabo! wish it was a 2nd in 09, but ill take it. this prospct seems half decent also.

tehre was no room for grabo in MTL and after what happened last yr, it was best for him to move on. he will get a chance in toronto, and maybe he will do well for them, but it was not meant to be for the habs.

ryder in boston and grabo in toronto, 2 new habs killers lol, gotta make some headlines for next season dont we lol.

i wonder whats BG next move...

Old
07-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Trexim

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Bad news about that D is that it's the Leafs who drafted him......since when all of a sudden are they great at drafting???
Even blind squirrels ....

Actually, if you look at their record the last few years, it's not bad at all. Not great, but not bad.

It's a good trade for both teams. Grabrovsky probably won't be (if ever) a regular for the Habs until next year since he should be used on the 1st or 2nd line to maximize his potential. We all know he didn't like being a healthy scratch last year, it will be worse this year. A distraction most likely. He may go back to Russia and we get nothing.

Pretty good asset management.

Leafs got their talented 2nd line center to replace Wellwood. a 2nd and a 5th are steep though for Habs spare part. Just to demonstrate how good drafting benefit the team even if the player himself may not make the team that drafted him.

Old
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Despite not being my favorite player, I would've kept Grabovski and give him tons of chance in the upcoming camp. It's not like we're the deepest at the center position. Funny part is that I was looking throughout the league for some prospects we could trade for at the forward position while we could use our deep prospect pool on D.....seems that we need more D.....

Bad news about that D is that it's the Leafs who drafted him......since when all of a sudden are they great at drafting???
Since about 2001.

Old
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirokarosu View Post
Damn, I wanted a Kovalev - Grabovski - Kostitsyn line. :'(

Kovy - Grabs - T!ts

Hehehehehehehehehehe.
Leaf's moves so far:

Hagman - Grabs - Finger

Fletcher's trying to tell us something.

Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
You crap all over everybody and then a guy who obviously isn't a team player at all and a possible locker room cancer you love?

Wat?
I love hockey players with skill, speed to burn and off-the-charts creativity.

Old
07-03-2008, 12:29 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

I wonder what Mike Komisarek thought about the little stunt he pulled in Phoenix. I am looking forward to the first meeting between these 2, visions of Darcy Tucker laying on the ice comes to mind.

Old
07-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
'Cause everybody can make a mistake and I hate being in the position of having absolutely to trade somebody 'cause you're never in a full force position versus the team you're traded with. Though, I still have to admit that it's a pretty good return. But maybe with a good camp, there could have been a possibility to do a package and have a superior offer coming our way.

Unless Timmins and Co think that Pateryn is incredibly underrated and will be a force to be reckon with. Then, it becomes a potential great deal.

Maybe also that I didn't want to see an ex-hab with the Leafs that could come back and haunt us. That's the scary part.
Grabs sealed the deal. leaving your team and you want to give him second chances?

they got lucky today and got assets in return.

Old
07-03-2008, 12:30 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Leaf's moves so far:

Hagman - Grabs - Finger

Fletcher's trying to tell us something.
John Tavares.

Old
07-03-2008, 12:31 PM
grrrreg
Soft European

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirokarosu View Post
Damn, I wanted a Kovalev - Grabovski - Kostitsyn line. :'(

Kovy - Grabs - T!ts

Hehehehehehehehehehe.
At least, give credit to Four Habs Fans, who came up with this joke one year ago.

Old
07-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Chfan
HFB Partner

LOL at the Leafs fans that think he's gonna be their second-line center, and that he's in their top prospects. He's almost 25 and he still hasn't showed much at the NHL level. Anyways, Grabovski would be happy, he has his wish granted to play for his favourite team.

Old
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
That's funny coming from the guy that bashed Kostitsyn every chance.
I'm still bashing him, gotta be consistent you know.

Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Great trade by Gainey. I'm sure Grabovsky will put up a few points in Toronto as they have very little offensive skill up front...but a great year for him is 45 maybe 50 points. He's fast but not sturdy and not a finisher. A guy like that has to play on your top 2 lines, but he's not skilled enough to be a top 6 on a contender at his size.

I don't think he had any future here, even if they don't get Sundin, I'd sign a winger and use Higgins at center.

Old
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
John Tavares.
Not if Fletcher trades their 1st rd pick next year. There's still time and young fringe players to be had!

Old
07-03-2008, 12:33 PM

Mikhail Grabovski would probably help in the Stefanovich developpement. Toronto might be planning on making them play together.

Just my tought

Old
07-03-2008, 12:34 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
LOL at the Leafs fans that think he's gonna be their second-line center, and that he's in their top prospects. He's almost 25 and he still hasn't showed much at the NHL level. Anyways, Grabovski would be happy, he has his wish granted to play for his favourite team.
Uhh what?

Grabovski has stated as much as his grandfather telling him "One day you will play for the Montreal Canadiens and I will come watch you play."

I never heard anything about Grabs being a Leafs fan?

Old
07-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Montrealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I love hockey players with skill, speed to burn and off-the-charts creativity.
I love teams that don't self-destruct at important points in the season and can't win anything because of it.

Old
07-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Since about 2001.
It was somewhat a joke I was trying to make but now that you've made me look....

2001: Colaicovo (okay not your fault he's always injured....), Wellwood....but don't tell me Pilar, Bell and Harrisson are in the great category

2002: Steen, Stajan and White. Fine good draft. We'll see about Kronwall.
2003:ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
2004: Waiting for Pogge....
2005: Rask and Stralman
2006: Potentially your greatest draft since a long time with Tlusty, Kulemin and the others
2007: I'm not expecting anything from your 2007 draft
2008: Obviously a good one but obviously too soon to tell, maybe one of the steal of the draft with..............Pateryn.....

So much better drafting of course, but didn't permit you to rebuild that team as we can see.

Old
07-03-2008, 12:37 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Not if Fletcher trades their 1st rd pick next year. There's still time and young fringe players to be had!
Keep dreamin'. That pick is so important to the Leafs franchise, even Fletcher's wife hid it somewhere in a closet, so Cliff wouldn't find it.

Old
07-03-2008, 12:39 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Goat11 View Post
I wonder what Mike Komisarek thought about the little stunt he pulled in Phoenix. I am looking forward to the first meeting between these 2, visions of Darcy Tucker laying on the ice comes to mind.
Whoa now. He's not going to kill Grabovski just because he might have missed a flight on purpose. I doubt he even cares.

Old
07-03-2008, 12:40 PM
RE-HABS

The trade for Grabs was a good one, we get a prospect from this draft and a 2nd rounder for a player who would never crack this line up...a poorman's Wellwood at best.

Alex Henry. We get a big mean enforcer Dman to fight, save Komisarek to play his mean hockey and 20 plus minutes without having to fight for others...it also allows O'Byrne to develop and play, no fighting needed on his part unless needed.

Old
07-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
It was somewhat a joke I was trying to make but now that you've made me look....

2001: Colaicovo (okay not your fault he's always injured....), Wellwood....but don't tell me Pilar, Bell and Harrisson are in the great category

2002: Steen, Stajan and White. Fine good draft. We'll see about Kronwall.
2003:ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
2004: Waiting for Pogge....
2005: Rask and Stralman
2006: Potentially your greatest draft since a long time with Tlusty, Kulemin and the others
2007: I'm not expecting anything from your 2007 draft
2008: Obviously a good one but obviously too soon to tell, maybe one of the steal of the draft with..............Pateryn.....

So much better drafting of course, but didn't permit you to rebuild that team as we can see.

I don't find their draft quality to be that bad...they just trade away way too many picks and young players...plus they rush guys that are not ready like Tlusty, playing him in the NHL at 19 will hurt his development long term. He was never even dominant OHL at 18 and they played him AHL at 19 to start. He has a lot of skills, but like Detroit showed, if you force your kids to fully develop before coming up, they end up maxing out their potential and being more NHL ready.

Old
07-03-2008, 12:41 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospector View Post
I think the leafs want their belarussian duo too.

Stefanovich+Grabovski
They have the attitude duo.

Old
07-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
The trade for Grabs was a good one, we get a prospect from this draft and a 2nd rounder for a player who would never crack this line up...a poorman's Wellwood at best.

Alex Henry. We get a big mean enforcer Dman to fight, save Komisarek to play his mean hockey and 20 plus minutes without having to fight for others...it also allows O'Byrne to develop and play, no fighting needed on his part unless needed.
Henry will play AHL unless the Habs have a couple of injuries.

Old
07-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Iwishihadacup

so basically, we traded the rights to grabovski for a 2nd rounder and a young prospect?

Closed Thread