HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Regehr breaks foot?

Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2004, 09:25 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM
http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp?id=86712

McKenzie says he wasn't on the bus when it arrived to the hotel in Tampa. Even though I am very much pulling for Tampa...I would hate to see Regehr miss this game. He is such a solid player and a huge reason why they are where they are now.
Agreed. Robyn is a very good player, and I have enjoyed watching him all year long. I'm not a Flames fan, far from it, but the guy deserves to be in that game. He has earned it.....and it would be a shame if he can't play in the most important game of his career :/.

06-06-2004, 09:30 PM
Big Bill

Send a message via ICQ to Big Bill Send a message via MSN to Big Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM
http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp?id=86712

McKenzie says he wasn't on the bus when it arrived to the hotel in Tampa. Even though I am very much pulling for Tampa...I would hate to see Regehr miss this game. He is such a solid player and a huge reason why they are where they are now.
Seems weird. Usually even an injured player travels with the team unless it is a head injury (or lindros' collapsed lung/blood clot type thing)

Old
06-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Rschmitz

We can only speculate at this point, but obviously if he didn't make the trip it has to be bad.

Old
06-06-2004, 10:13 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
If he's coming, he could be coming later. That makes some sense if you look at it from a medical point of view. They might be trying to get swelling (if there is a lot of swelling) down or something. Being stuck on a plane/bus and moving around airports wouldn't help and might make it worse. By delaying a bit, they might get it to a point where he can travel more comfortably and not do more damage, even though he gets less recovery time in Tampa overall it might be better.

Old
06-06-2004, 10:15 PM
Fleury14
Kipper

I'd suspect it's just an incorrect report or Regehr will just be arriving seperate than the team. Because even if he was injured and not able to play game 7, he would still go to TB, so that he can lift the cup and be a part of the celebrations when the Flames win.

Old
06-06-2004, 10:39 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
Life as a Sharks fan

Ah....good point there.

Closed Thread