HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anismov and Cherapanov

Old
07-03-2008, 01:01 AM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
I did but he may not have the same development time as Fedorov had. Besides, being stuck behind prospects in terms of skill and potential like Staal, Sanguinetti and Cherepanov, a player like Anisimov could get lost in terms of hype. I am probably wrong but I just see him being something really special.
This is exactly what I think we have to be careful of and it's something we do SO MUCH around here. Anisimov is a very good prospect, but be very careful when setting the bar to "game breaker" level.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 04:45 AM
Avy*

Anisimov=NYR J. Staal. He would be awesome defensive center and better NHL than junior leagues player but i don't see this high offensive upside.

Avy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:08 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Cherepanov decided to honor his last year on his contract.

Honorable move, IMO, and it gives him the chance to develop one more year playing pro hockey against grown adults.

No doubt in my mind he would be in the NHL this year anyway, but the point is at least he will come in a little more developed and a little more mature.

Anisimov may very well get to the NHL this year.

All i know is Zherdev, Cherepanov, Anisimov, Dubinsky, Grachev, Staal, Sanguinetti, and Del Zotto are going to look real nice together.

I hope we add Vermette to the group today.

I'm really high on him, and it looks like Ottawa is on no hurry to resign him, and may be looking to move him.

He has serious skill. And is 25 years old. He could reach his potential with OUR group of young guns.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:09 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
This is exactly what I think we have to be careful of and it's something we do SO MUCH around here. Anisimov is a very good prospect, but be very careful when setting the bar to "game breaker" level.
Anisimov to me a complimentary center that will play well with fast, highly skilled wingers.

Old
07-03-2008, 10:27 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I'm with you on that one...Renney gushed about him at the prospect camp...in typical Renney down-playing style. AA is this year's Dubinsky.
I disagree. The most telling comment from Renney is that AA needs another 10-15 pounds. I doubt he'll get that by training camp. AA is a very talented player, but there's no reason to rush him. I could see him being a mid-year callup and maybe even finishing the season in the NHL, but I doubt he will make the team out of camp.

It will definitely be interesting the next couple years though with so many young guys looking to earn a spot.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:27 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
Cherepanov decided to honor his last year on his contract.

Honorable move, IMO, and it gives him the chance to develop one more year playing pro hockey against grown adults.

No doubt in my mind he would be in the NHL this year anyway, but the point is at least he will come in a little more developed and a little more mature.

Anisimov may very well get to the NHL this year.

All i know is Zherdev, Cherepanov, Anisimov, Dubinsky, Grachev, Staal, Sanguinetti, and Del Zotto are going to look real nice together.

I hope we add Vermette to the group today.

I'm really high on him, and it looks like Ottawa is on no hurry to resign him, and may be looking to move him.

He has serious skill. And is 25 years old. He could reach his potential with OUR group of young guns.
we Don't NEED Vermette.... we need two more defensemen.... we have enough talent waiting in the wings.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:31 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
But, we don't have a logjam of young ELITE talent.
With the exception of Pittsburgh, who does in the NHL?

bobbop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:32 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
we Don't NEED Vermette.... we need two more defensemen.... we have enough talent waiting in the wings.
Where did is say the word "need."

And yes, we do still need at least one more winger.

It works both ways, i could respond and say "we don't NEED anymore defensemen, we have enough waiting in the wings... Sanguinetti, Del Zotto, Potter, Pock, Sauer..."

And furthermore, any lineup with the likes of Prucha, Callahan, and Sjostrom on the top lines, is terrible.

Old
07-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Thats a strange statement. I think the real talent thats waiting in the wings is on defense. We lack a game breaking winger besides Cherepanov and Zherdev who can both be classified as high risk/high reward.

I think the #1 need remaining for this offseason is to obtain another top 6 forward. Id also like for Sather to obtain a veteran 3rd pairing defenseman, but if he doesnt, I wouldnt mind giving those spots to the top two kids out of camp. Our top 4 on D is certainly strong enough.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:35 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Thats a strange statement. I think the real talent thats waiting in the wings is on defense. We lack a game breaking winger besides Cherepanov and Zherdev who can both be classified as high risk/high reward.

I think the #1 need remaining for this offseason is to obtain another top 6 forward. Id also like for Sather to obtain a veteran 3rd pairing defenseman, but if he doesnt, I wouldnt mind giving those spots to the top two kids out of camp. Our top 4 on D is certainly strong enough.
I agree.

Adding one more winger who has legit top 6 talent, is a big need.

Old
07-03-2008, 10:42 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Where id is say the word "need."

And yes, we do still need at least one more winger.

It works both ways, i could respond and say "we don't NEED anymore defensemen, we have enough waiting in the wings... Sanguinetti, Del Zotto, Potter, Pock, Sauer..."

And furthermore, any lineup with the likes of Prucha, Callahan, and Sjostrom on the top lines, is terrible.
Sauer can't even skate until november... Sangs from all accounts isn't ready, del Zotto is at least 3 years away, Potter has never played a game in the NHL, and Pock has only a handful.

are you really comfortable going in w/ your 5,6,7 dman as Sangs, Potter, Pock. B/c that would be recipe for disaster, you don't pair up to rookies together. Especially since at least two of them are suspect in their own zone. We just need a dman on a one or two year deal until we cans start pluggin in youngins. that is #1 priority.

Better choices than trading for Vermette since we have Ani, Cherry, Korpi, Hillier etc ready in the next year or two. We need space for them.

Secondly we could still get Jagr for 1 year which would make this team better this year than Vermette, and two we wouldn't lose any prospects, which we can flip for a dman. Same can be said for Sundin.

Or we could take a one year flyer on Nagy and pray he can stay healthy, or demitra, or just go as is w/ the forwards.

Any of these would be better than trading for Vermette since we need dmen RIGHT NOW.

Also there is cap issues to worry about. Vermette won't sign for too cheap probably. you do realize that we don't have any major contracts coming off for the next 4 seasons. We have to sign Staal, Dubi, Sangs, Ani, Zherdov, Korsp in that time period. Unless the cap keeps flying up by $6 mil a year we won't have room. so all in all trading for Vermette would be the worst thing we can do right now. Unless we can convice Drury to go the other way.

by they way this isn't even taking into account that Ottawa needs dmen, which we don't have.

this trade makes sense for neither side.

Old
07-03-2008, 10:47 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
yea, im just saying that slats should keep in mind that we've got two highhighhigh potential mini-gods in the farm.
i think that drury should shift to wing to open up a spot for AA this year. thats basically what i mean when i said "make room for them":juggling ppeople around giving oppurtunities to other players to succeed
Mini-gods?

Not a day in the bigs and they are potential mini-gods. They might end up great. They might end up busts.

I understand you have staked claim to them with your name but some folks around here change names like clothing as "great" players come and go. Hell, Avery was, and still is in some cases, a god to some here who will now have to change their screen names and pics.

"Greatness is more than potential. It is the execution of that potential. Beyond the raw talent. You need the appropriate training. You need the discipline. You need the inspiration. You need the drive".

-Eric A. Burns, Gossamer Commons, 08-12-05

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:56 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Sauer can't even skate until november... Sangs from all accounts isn't ready, del Zotto is at least 3 years away, Potter has never played a game in the NHL, and Pock has only a handful.

are you really comfortable going in w/ your 5,6,7 dman as Sangs, Potter, Pock. B/c that would be recipe for disaster, you don't pair up to rookies together. Especially since at least two of them are suspect in their own zone. We just need a dman on a one or two year deal until we cans start pluggin in youngins. that is #1 priority.

Better choices than trading for Vermette since we have Ani, Cherry, Korpi, Hillier etc ready in the next year or two. We need space for them.

Secondly we could still get Jagr for 1 year which would make this team better this year than Vermette, and two we wouldn't lose any prospects, which we can flip for a dman. Same can be said for Sundin.

Or we could take a one year flyer on Nagy and pray he can stay healthy, or demitra, or just go as is w/ the forwards.

Any of these would be better than trading for Vermette since we need dmen RIGHT NOW.

Also there is cap issues to worry about. Vermette won't sign for too cheap probably. you do realize that we don't have any major contracts coming off for the next 4 seasons. We have to sign Staal, Dubi, Sangs, Ani, Zherdov, Korsp in that time period. Unless the cap keeps flying up by $6 mil a year we won't have room. so all in all trading for Vermette would be the worst thing we can do right now. Unless we can convice Drury to go the other way.

by they way this isn't even taking into account that Ottawa needs dmen, which we don't have.

this trade makes sense for neither side.
Wasting money on 37 year old players is not smart. Jagr wants multiple years, not one year. And Sundin already said he is uncertain about his future, he needs time.

If you can land a winger of the caliber of Vermette for relatively cheap, you do it. It doesn't matter what your need is on defense, you do it. And worry about the defense at the same time. One has NOTHING to do with the other.

Old
07-03-2008, 11:02 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Wasting money on 37 year old players is not smart. Jagr wants multiple years, not one year. And Sundin already said he is uncertain about his future, he needs time.

If you can land a winger of the caliber of Vermette for relatively cheap, you do it. It doesn't matter what your need is on defense, you do it. And worry about the defense at the same time. One has NOTHING to do with the other.

in the salary cap world everything has to do w/ each other. That statement proves to me that you know nothing about allocating money and assets. You have a hard on for Vermette and don't care about anything else.

You spend more on forwards, than you have to spend less on defense, and goal. And same goes w/ every other combination in between.

If jagr or Sundin sign a one year deal, it is a better option. Actually any one year deal for a top 6 would be better than vermette. We keep assets that we can use, and also let the players that WE DRAFTED, who play in HFD in OUR SYSTEM to play for US.

and its kind of funny how you completely avoid the statement of we don't have anything that Ottawa needs and that we would be in a cap mess in the coming years w/ too many people getting big contracts.

Old
07-03-2008, 03:05 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Rags, i understand where you are coming from.

I agree, we need to fill some more holes, hopefully with short term deals as to not clog things up for Sanguinetti.

However, we still need at least one more legit scoring winger.

We are talking about Vermette here, not someone who is going to command Hossa or Kovalchuk type money. He is skilled, and has a ton of potential. But i do not believe that anyone would have to break the bank for him. And to get him we can shed some salary in the process.

I have no doubt we can find those two defenseman a little easier then we can land a scoring winger.

I think Vermette would be a great pickup. And that would solve our offensive needs for now.

Also, the thing is you keep banking on Jagr ans Sundin. The reason Jagr is not signed is because he does NOT want a one year deal. He wants at least two. And Sundin already stated he is not even sure if he wants to play at all.

Right now, those two are almost to the point of non options.

Old
07-03-2008, 03:12 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Rags, i understand where you are coming from.

I agree, we need to fill some more holes, hopefully with short term deals as to not clog things up for Sanguinetti.

However, we still need at least one more legit scoring winger.

We are talking about Vermette here, not someone who is going to command Hossa or Kovalchuk type money. He is skilled, and has a ton of potential. But i do not believe that anyone would have to break the bank for him. And to get him we can shed some salary in the process.

I have no doubt we can find those two defenseman a little easier then we can land a scoring winger.

I think Vermette would be a great pickup. And that would solve our offensive needs for now.

Also, the thing is you keep banking on Jagr ans Sundin. The reason Jagr is not signed is because he does NOT want a one year deal. He wants at least two. And Sundin already stated he is not even sure if he wants to play at all.

Right now, those two are almost to the point of non options.
I think the bottom line is we need one more legit top 6 winger AND a #5 dman. But I would agree, we could probably find a bottom pairing dman more easily...a top 6 forward is obviously going to cost more.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 03:20 PM
NYR Viper

looking down the line, IMO the rangers are SUPER deep.....in three years i think the depth charts look like this:

center:
gomez
dubinsky
anisimov
betts

wings:
drury
zherdev
cheraponov
dawes
grachev
korpikoski
byers
voros

now granted not all of these players will be ready, and most likely the rangers will add players to the fold and trade some away, however that gives the rangers a SUPER solid 4 lines.....

basically the reason i layed that out is because i see anisimov and dubinsky as the #2 and #3 centers for this team and drury moving to wing to play with gomez

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 03:28 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
looking down the line, IMO the rangers are SUPER deep.....in three years i think the depth charts look like this:

center:
gomez
dubinsky
anisimov
betts

wings:
drury
zherdev
cheraponov
dawes
grachev
korpikoski
byers
voros

now granted not all of these players will be ready, and most likely the rangers will add players to the fold and trade some away, however that gives the rangers a SUPER solid 4 lines.....

basically the reason i layed that out is because i see anisimov and dubinsky as the #2 and #3 centers for this team and drury moving to wing to play with gomez
I agree on the centers.

Gomez
Dubinsky
Anisimov
Betts

Wingers

Zherdev
Cherepanov
Stepan
Grachev
Korpikoski
Dawes
Drury

Hopefully we can move Drury by then. He would have one year left on his contract, and will be 34 making 7+ mil.

Old
07-03-2008, 03:32 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I agree on the centers.

Gomez
Dubinsky
Anisimov
Betts

Wingers

Zherdev
Cherepanov
Stepan
Grachev
Korpikoski
Dawes
Drury

Hopefully we can move Drury by then. He would have one year left on his contract, and will be 34 making 7+ mil.
i would rather hold onto drury......he will most likely be the captain....he is THE leader on this team.....plus i think after this contract ends he will want to stay in NY and will take quite a large paycut to do so

Old
07-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Gardner McKay
Niles, Pls.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Actually, no. I think that Anisimov is much safer and has similar upside.
That and we just got a player who is so similar in Zherdev that we COULD afford to move chere.

I agree with Jon 100% Id keep Anisimov over Chere if only for the fact that we already have a clone of his in Zherdev and could yield a much higher return then Anisimov.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 03:46 PM
NYR Viper

cheraponov and zherdev type players are the types of players you WANT more than one of........same with sanguinetti, del zotto, redden........it just doesnt make sense to trade cheraponov for any player who is reasonable.....obviously kovalchuk and others like him are a different story, however i like the directionthe rangers are going and i would rather wait to see what they have in him and have two solid scoring lines or a super scoring line with cheraponov-gomez-zherdev.......

i mean the rangers have solid depth on defense coming up soon in sauer, sanguinetti, potter, del zotto, kundratek so while it would be nice to trade for a guy like boumeester it doesnt make sense.....

they now have enough high-end wingers in stepan, cheraponov, drury, zherdev, grachev......

they HAVE plenty of 3rd and 4th line wingers in callahan, byers, sjostrom, jessiman, voros, orr, pyatt, dupont, moore, plus cheraponov shouldnt be moved for depth

they have plenty of centers in drury, gomez, grachev, dubinsky, anisimov and some others who can play solid center so there is no need there......

i would rather hold onto cheraponov to see where he can land as the rangers have the depth to not have to move him

Old
07-03-2008, 06:59 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Can anyone confirm that Cherepanov remains in russia 1 more year, or is it pure speculation? I know it has been under debate, but I don't come on this board alot.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 07:18 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Can anyone confirm that Cherepanov remains in russia 1 more year, or is it pure speculation? I know it has been under debate, but I don't come on this board alot.
Cherepanov has one year left on his contract.

He has decided to honor it.

Then, he is coming to play for the Rangers.

This was a mutual decision, both the Rangers and Cherepanov felt it would be best for his development this year.

Not to mention, it is a better situation then him fleeing in the middle of the night like Malkin. It leave Cherepanov on good terms with both parties, and he is still eligible for international play.

Old
07-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Edge

Quote:
Anisimov to me a complimentary center that will play well with fast, highly skilled wingers.
I think he'll be a bit more than complimentary, but I agree that I wouldn't put him on that high level.

Though if you could him and Cherepanov to develop and (hopefully) find some chemistry with a guy like Zherdev, you don't necessarily need him to be elite.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:31 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Quote:
- "I want to make the situation clear once and for all: I have made the final decision to remain in Omsk for a year," Alexei Cherepanov said in an interview with the publication Sport Day by Day. "I have a contract in force with Avangard and I intend to work through it to the end."

- Do thoughts of the NHL not call on you whatsoever?

- Well, representatives of the Rangers do not allow me to forget about them: they call periodically, they're interested in my affairs and plans. Of course, I want to prove myself in the best league in the world. And I will do so at the first opportunity.

- And when will that opportunity be?

- Much depends on the negotiations of Avangard General Manager Bardin with the American side. But, most likely, I will leave for the NHL in a year.
Source: http://allhockey.ru/news/27398/

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote