HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Please Redden!!!

Old
07-03-2008, 07:54 PM
lundy

vCash: 500
Please Redden!!!

Does anyone else want nothing more than for Wade Redden to just kick major ass next year? 15 goals, 50 points? There would honestly be nothing more satisfying than shutting the **** up every damn Canadian poster, and Devils fan, on these boards.

So let's somehow channel this to Wade.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 07:58 PM
cmb572

amen brotha

cmb572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

I think we all want our new guys to do well. It'd be great for Redden to instantly bounce back to form, but I think we'll see a slow start from him. I just hope that the Rangers faithful don't start riding him to quickly if he can't get it together right away.

..of course I'm sure they will. And I'm sure all the Redden/Naslund haters will be out in force if Naslund isn't averaging a point per game and Redden isn't leading all defensemen in points.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:00 PM
2Leetch_94

I'd love that, just because it means he's living up to his contract. Couldn't care less about some posters on HFBoards think.

2Leetch_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:01 PM
lundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Leetch_94 View Post
I'd love that, just because it means he's living up to his contract. Couldn't care less about some posters on HFBoards think.
Clearly..

Old
07-03-2008, 08:04 PM
nyrage

We could pick up Malkin and Crosby for a million each and it will still be a bad deal according to most fans of our rivals. Just how it is.

nyrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:06 PM
lundy

It'd be kind of hilarious if Redden and Jeff Finger both get nominated for the Norris this year.

Old
07-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrage View Post
We could pick up Malkin and Crosby for a million each and it will still be a bad deal according to most fans of our rivals. Just how it is.
My favorite post ever was a devils poster saying "Wow Columbus robbed New York. What a Dumb move." then a couple posts later. "Who did New York give up?"

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:07 PM
2Leetch_94

If Jeff "Pull My" Finger gets nominated for the Norris, HF will literally expode.

2Leetch_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:20 PM
McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
Does anyone else want nothing more than for Wade Redden to just kick major ass next year? 15 goals, 50 points? There would honestly be nothing more satisfying than shutting the **** up every damn Canadian poster, and Devils fan, on these boards.

So let's somehow channel this to Wade.
Lay off on the generalization... I'm Canadian and I like the move. It's mostly Sens fans that are the haters.

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:23 PM
RedWhiteBlackGold

vCash: 50
Redden was one of my favorite long time Sens. I hope he gets back in form, just not against us . Maybe a change in scenery is all he needs. Best of luck to him in NY.

RedWhiteBlackGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:05 PM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Redden has only put up more than 10 goals once, 15 seems high. I just hope he lives up to 6.5 for six years. If he scores @ 10-35-45, averages @ 28 mins a night and is a solid + player I'll feel better about this signing. Right now I'm hopefully optimistic!

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:07 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9Y4R View Post
Redden has only put up more than 10 goals once, 15 seems high. I just hope he lives up to 6.5 for six years. If he scores @ 10-35-45, averages @ 28 mins a night and is a solid + player I'll feel better about this signing. Right now I'm hopefully optimistic!
28 minutes a night??

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:08 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I was reading how he had to deal with his mother being sick for along time and then dying.

And on top of it dealing with media getting on his case.

Made me feel for him, and warm up to him.

I hope he returns to form. He certainly is going to have a nice group around him, probably more talented then what was in Ottawa the last couple of years... Rozsival, Staal, Girardi, Kalinin, and eventually Sanguinetti and Del Zotto.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:15 PM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

@ 28mins! Yes if he is still a #1 and worth 6.5 he should play in all situations and lead our Dmen in icetime. Roszival averaged @ 25 last year playing as our #1.
If it is a little less whatever but that is what he is getting paid for. For SIXyears.

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:18 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Not sure he is going to log 28 mins. But he averaged about 22 the last few years.

Take into account Rozsival averages about 24.

You have two guys who can be horses on the back end.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

I don't think he'll be pushing 28 minutes. Slats clearly acknowledged that the core of Girardi, Staal, Redden and Rozy are all capable of playing 25 minutes a night. I think thats what he's going to do.

Old
07-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Senator Blutarsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
[...]It'd be great for Redden to instantly bounce back to form, but I think we'll see a slow start from him. [...]
Wade got in to not one but two fights in last year's season opener, which is totally uncharacteristic - we'd never seen anything like that from him. A lot of us thought that this new show of emotion from him was a sign of the turnaround we'd all been waiting for:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=426284

Unfortunately and for whatever reason he just never regained his form.

I hope he does for you guys - he’s been through a lot and I’d like for him succeed. Anyway it wouldn’t surprise me if he has a great start like he did last season.

Senator Blutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I don't think he'll be pushing 28 minutes. Slats clearly acknowledged that the core of Girardi, Staal, Redden and Rozy are all capable of playing 25 minutes a night. I think thats what he's going to do.
While they all probably can, I'd hope it's more along these lines

Redden: 25
Rozsival: 22
Staal: 22
Girardi: 20

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 12:51 AM
NYR Viper

i would love to see redden pile up the points and IMO the team has the skill to dominate on the pp.....drury, gomez, zherdev, naslund, redden, rozsival, dawes

thats a lot of skill to be able to put out there all at once.....also, the thing redden is great at is doing the shot-pass where he shoots the puck with the purpose of it getting defelcted.....guess who is one of the best in the league at deflections?(drury)....expect them both to help eachother on the pp

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i would love to see redden pile up the points and IMO the team has the skill to dominate on the pp.....drury, gomez, zherdev, naslund, redden, rozsival, dawes

thats a lot of skill to be able to put out there all at once.....also, the thing redden is great at is doing the shot-pass where he shoots the puck with the purpose of it getting defelcted.....guess who is one of the best in the league at deflections?(drury)....expect them both to help eachother on the pp
and prucha will finally get PP time again

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 01:00 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Staal View Post
While they all probably can, I'd hope it's more along these lines

Redden: 25
Rozsival: 22
Staal: 22
Girardi: 20
I think so as well. I wasn't implying that they are all going to play 25 minutes per night. I meant that I think he is going to roll two very solid pairings and then play the 3rd pairing sparingly.

Old
07-04-2008, 01:02 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromAnisimov2Zherdev View Post
Lay off on the generalization... I'm Canadian and I like the move. It's mostly Sens fans that are the haters.
Forget Canadians here. Its Fans of every other team in the NHL. We get alot of crap just being Rangers fans.

If we signed Sundin at 10 mil or Jagr at 7-8 and they put up 70 as is the most legitimate case based on their numbers, yet Naslund is capable of returning to form and could put up 60 yet some how 4 mil is to much for him.

Nothing the Rangers do is right. Never will be. We just have to live with it.

Hell if we got Redden for 4 million we would still be hearing **** that we over-payed for him.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 01:38 AM
SilverLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Dubinsky View Post
Hell if we got Redden for 4 million we would still be hearing **** that we over-payed for him.
I'd call that a steal, even with how he played this past season.

SilverLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 01:39 AM
FrontRow

First off, let me introduce myself. I have been a frequent reader of this board for the past 2 years. I registered a few months back and continued to just read others posts. I feel it is time I came out and contributed.

A little about me, I'm 23 years old. I live in queens and have been a die hard Ranger fan as long as I can remember. You can catch me at a handful of games every year behind the Rangers bench. Well, enough of that, more about Wade Redden.

Wade Redden is not a savior, not that we need him to be. When you watch Ottawa games, you sometimes forgot Wade was even playing. He has the ability to disappear. On the other hand, when hes actually awake he makes solid offensive plays along with a decent checking game. Ottawa has wanted Wade out for a while now. Am I mad at the money? Maybe. Am I mad at the contract length? Yeah, but, Campbells deal opened the floodgates. If it wasn't us it was someone else. Could we have filled the void some other way? Yes. Do I want Jagr back? yes.

Thanks

FrontRow is offline   Reply With Quote