HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thank you Tyutin and Good Luck!

Old
07-03-2008, 09:21 AM
BlueHavok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Damn...150+ views and only 24 thanks/good luck to Toots?

All of you should at least say a thank you to the man who played hard ever game and gave it his all...kind of embarrassing that only a few of you took the whole 2 seconds of your life to thank him and wish him good luck...

(and for you GUESTS...sign up already will you? Join the most active hockey board on the net, the more Ranger fans the better)

To the regulars...are you serious?..cant take 2 seconds? Looks like crap when we cant even give nice farewell to a core player of 5 seasons. Its great to think of the jersey first and not the player...but this guy gave us it all when he was with us...lets not spit on him as he cleans his locker out.

Toots...im praying your back with us in 3 years...

like he or anyother player actually reads these threads? I don't understand how not thanking a player on these threads is inconsiderate. Above and beyond the call or moderators perhaps? More like ethics police.

Oh and BTW, Thanks for everything toots----you were a paramount figure in the rebuild and you'll be missed. Good Luck!!!

BlueHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:22 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I'm gonna miss Toots.

He was one of my fav Rangers.

Wish him luck, and who knows maybe we will resign him in a couple of years.

I still would rather have moved Girardi...simply because of the way Toots lays out those hip checks and his grit.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:23 AM
in the hall

Quote:
He definitely deserves this thread, he was #1 as the the most long term Ranger with the most games player as a Ranger on our Roster last season..I dont think I worded that right but figure out what I mean. We drafted him, watched him grow and mature into quite the defenseman.

Always solid in his own zone, threw the deadly hipcheck once and awhile that we are going to miss and was so damn calm with the puck, never afriad to take a hit to move it in the defensive zone. Offense never really developed with us but he was still a huge part of the team each night.

Hard seeing a core piece leave the organization but I guess it was a must when we have a chance to get a potential young star.

Thanks Fedor for your play with us, and good luck with your new team! Hopefully you emerge as a top pairing dman for the Jackets...we know you got it in you. Never regretted getting your jersey and wearing it to every Ranger game...
I agree, I'm definitely a big fan of his and am sad to see him go.

IMO he did not regress this season like a poster or two have said. He started off great but slowed down a bit, however his body of work as a whole was gradually improved from last season, and it's improved each season since his rookie year.

I've always thought he had the potential to be a top 2 defenseman. I think he's played like a bona fide top 4 each season and last year established himself as a very solid all around blue liner. He certainly has the skills to be one of the better ones in the league.

I loved his big hit ability, certainly will miss that. It's something he added to his arsenal recently that none of us saw him developing. He was one of the calmest players with the puck, never panicking. In addition to all else, he's always been a solid performer, quiet player that got along very well with his teammates. I hope to see him back someday. Farewell Toots.

Last edited by in the hall: 07-03-2008 at 09:30 AM.
in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:07 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Tyutin is the posterboy for the Rangers new surge in youth - it all started with him IMO.

Its kind of ironic he goes in a trade for an even younger, more talented player that the Rangers could NOT have passed up on.

But this is what you have to do to be successful, especially for a team this active in signing free agents. Build build build your prospects and assets and if you need to, trade them away for the pieces you need to surround the FA's you lock up long term. Not all will be traded of course, you still need that homegrown talent and youth.

What i love so much about losing Tyutin is they got someone younger back. But back to Tyutin, because this thread is about him.

Tyutin wil lbe missed. There were moments when he and Girardi were the #1 pairing IMO. Tyutin came to play every game and progressed very nicely in this system. If they somehow could have retained him AND get Zherdev it would have been fantastic, but you have to give to get. I kinda of felt Tyutin was being bred for the right trade. Im just glad it wasnt for a scrub or 35 year old. Every time Zherdev scores we can thank Tyutin.

I'll miss the hip checks he learned from Kaspar, his solid work on the boards and his occasional flash of offense, stepping up into the play. I think if Tyutin matured a little more offensively and popped in another 5-7 goals last year, he might still be a Ranger. But lets not take away this guys heart and quiet play.

Good luck and go get em in the West.

Hitch got a good d-man, and Columbus should be proud.
Perfect post. I agree with everything HBNYC said. Thanks, Toots!

And welcome back in, oh I don't know, 3 years - when we're putting the finishing touches on Red Army West.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:14 AM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
I'll miss Toots. I'll miss the way sometimes he'd be quietly taking care of business through a game and then suddenly lay out a crushing hip check or rip a slapshot that would make you stand up from your seat.

I'll also miss being able to call him "Toots".

Good luck in Columbus, Toots. I hope the fans there like him as much as we did...

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Mowinckel View Post
I'm still going to be a fan of his, but God damn, sucks to go from New York to Columbus.
Yeah, not too many Russians in Columbus. They tend to be more big-city (NY, LA) people.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Horacethe3rd

Like someone else said him and Dan Blackburn were a glimmer light during the darkest times

Good luck and adieu

Horacethe3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Dredden
JT Miller

Good Luck Tyutin!

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Casmatt

He was one of my favorites, he brought his best stuff every night. Our most consistent defenseman for the past few years, he will be missed.

Good luck in Columbus Fedor.

Casmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 12:03 PM
McDonagh27

Good luck Tootsy! You'll do great in C-bus. Your play and dedication was appreciated!

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 12:34 PM
NYR2

I'm definitely NOT happy to see him go, I'll really miss him. He was my favorite Ranger. I'm so sad to see him go but I wish him the best in Columbus.

And a congrats on the new baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowrunner View Post
Thank you, Fedor, and best of luck. I think many of us fell in love with your stoic demeanor from that video Kaspar shot back at the Olympics. You guys remember?

"Here's Toots reading a newspaper... he's been reading the same newspaper for a week now... Say hi, Toots!"
I never got a chance to see that! Does anyone happen to have it or know where I could see it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I'll miss Toots. I'll miss the way sometimes he'd be quietly taking care of business through a game and then suddenly lay out a crushing hip check or rip a slapshot that would make you stand up from your seat.
Yeah me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horacethe3rd View Post
Like someone else said him and Dan Blackburn were a glimmer light during the darkest times

Good luck and adieu
Absolutely. I think maybe that's a big reason I hate to see him go.

NYR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Celestial Black

Going to miss him as a blue shirt and really hope he does well with the jackets.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Pugs35

Will really miss him back there. But like someone else said, I'll be as happy to wear my Tyutin jersey as ever.

I'll just hope that he comes back in a few years.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Plato

vCash: 100000
I cant wait till he comes back to the Garden.

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:36 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc View Post

like he or anyother player actually reads these threads? I don't understand how not thanking a player on these threads is inconsiderate. Above and beyond the call or moderators perhaps? More like ethics police.

Oh and BTW, Thanks for everything toots----you were a paramount figure in the rebuild and you'll be missed. Good Luck!!!
When it comes to my man Toots...your damn right...

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:01 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

Thank you 51...

Thanks for some great memories toots...im glad to own your jersey!...best of luck in Columbus..give em hell!

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:05 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*

'Nough said. I salute you.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Toots, we've seen you grow and mature as a hockey player and man. I'll remember him from my visit to Vermont's training camp when he was a rookie as he was one of the most genuinely nice guys to stop and say hello, sign, take pictures, etc. Such a chill, relaxed, happy dude.

Last year's season recap video sent to all season subscribers will always stay with me - I don't remember it word for word, but it was really touching to hear Toots respond to the question of Rangers fans being crazy and in broken english said something like, "I love you guys."

No farewell because I believe his heart is truly in NYC with the Rangers so when that contract is up, we'll gladly take you back man with open arms.

Best of luck TOOOOOOTS!

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 12:33 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
he was #1 as the the most long term Ranger with the most games player as a Ranger on our Roster last season..
Jagr

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 12:33 AM
mhurley

Dasvadanya Fedor.

mhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGomezToZherdev View Post

'Nough said. I salute you.
only put the stuff after the = sign. you dont need the Youtube.com/crap=

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 12:39 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Jagr
Jagr wast #2, Tyutin was #1.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 12:39 AM
Rangers Fan*

Thank you Fedor Tyutin, for everything you have done as a Ranger. One of my favorite players over the last couple years. I will be sure to catch some Blue Jacket games on Center Ice next season.

I will miss the hip checks too.

Good luck!

Rangers Fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 01:16 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Jagr wast #2, Tyutin was #1.
I get the reverse. I was really surprised when I read your post, because I thought to myself HTH could a 24 year old possibly be the longest tenured Ranger on the roster (or even remotely close). I figured it would be Jagr and then Straka, but when I checked I came up with this.

1) Jagr 277 games (300 with playoffs)
2) Tyutin 250 games (274 with playoffs)
3) Straka 224 games (248 with playoffs)

EDIT: Also, the 2nd surprising thing I found is that Jagr hasnt missed a regular season game since the 2003 - 2004 season. Three straight 82 game seasons, pretty impressive.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 05:42 AM
Fletch

It will be a bit painful...

to watch him if he actually puts all his tools together and uses them on a consistent basis. I guess similarly for Zherdev and BJ fans. It was one of those fair trades you make when you stockpile assets. Gotta hand it to Sather that he was patient building and traded at the right time.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote