HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hot Rumour: Jagr To Penguins.

Old
07-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Turambar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
I'll switch it only if they're on a line together. I really jumped the gun when I registered as Gomez to Jagr.

^^ Looks like someone already beat you to it.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:58 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
agreed, and I'm going to love losing every game to the Pens with Jagr shreding it. What a disgrace Sather is. He really, doesn't give 2 ****s about the fans, what so ever.
Sather would be much more of a disgrace if he made moves to placate the fans. I wanted Jagr back too, but it's not like it doing so was a no-brainer.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
^^ Looks like someone already beat you to it.
haha, i saw that too, i think they took it from the thread.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
He'll be a Pen.

I know he will. Then every time we play the pens he'll light the lamp over and over....each goal will be one big "**** You" to Sather.
And to that, I'd say where the **** was that kind of production in '07-'08 when you were with the Rangers? It goes both ways.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

I am extremely releaved. TheInsideronPittsburghSports.com probably the most reliable site besides TSN and SportsNews, said that JJ to Pittsburgh very unlikely.

Quote:
. The latest on Jagr from one of my insiders --- "Jagr and Lemieux had a long talk during the playoff series. Lemieux told Jags that he saw the old fire in his eyes. It somehow got to the statement Jagr made at one point about wanting to finish his career in Pittsburgh. Lemieux said if Jagr was ever available, he would love to see him in a Penguin uniform. Something about unfinished business and trying to clear the animosity the Pens fans had with Jagr.The Pens put it out there and Jagr hesitated, so I don't know if it will go any further. I don't expect Lemieux will push it any more than he already did. I have the Pens with 3 million left under the cap. So signing Jagr is not likely" According to another source, "there is mutual interest from both sides but until Shero clears some salary its a longshot"

Old
07-03-2008, 11:27 PM
mic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
i think jagr will end up in la or vancouver. he could be the focal point offensively on either team.
Those teams will NOT make the playoffs for a few years to come. They both play in impossible divisions with teams that improved quite a bit since January.

It has to be Pittsburgh or Montreal with an option to Edmonton. It seems strange that Pittsburgh would sign either Fedotenko or Satan for only one year if they intended to sign Jagr for one year as well. They do have 8 NHL defencemen so who knows what will occur.

I don't think anyone wants to see him in Pittsburgh but if they couldn't win with Hossa then why would Jagr make them better? Many believe that competition is fiercest in the west, along with a heavy travel schedule, so maybe he'll stay in the east.

Last edited by mic: 07-03-2008 at 11:33 PM.
mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Lowetide

Question for the board: Has Jagr ever played LW? If so, how recently? Thanks in advance.

Lowetide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowetide View Post
Question for the board: Has Jagr ever played LW? If so, how recently? Thanks in advance.
He never played LW