HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

grabovski to toronto,we sign alex henry, cedrick desjardins

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Locks

vCash: 500
While the return seems decent - I absolutely like the second rounder - I really hope Bob has a plan for aquiring a centre - whether it is Sundin or someone else. Fedorov might be an option - we can put together a great two-way line of Fed, Higgs and Sergey. As for Grabs, I was hoping he would become a player here, but it will happen elsewhere. Grabs was absolutely right in asking for a trade - he was not getting the opportunity here and now that the club is in the market for a veteran offensive centre, he felt he would be better off elsewhere and he should get the opportunity on a rebuilding club like the leafs.

Old
07-03-2008, 11:11 PM
LV Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
A-Lay off the drugs your self.
B-Grabs asked for the move.
Exactly! Grabs was not signed yet and guaranteed he was asking for more than Gainey was willing to pay. We will end up with a fairly high second rounder in 2010 and another D man with potential (guaranteed TT has seen this kid play and was fairly impressed). Grabovsky was never going to get the necessary ice time in the NHL with the Habs to really blow up.

It's funny that a lot of people were saying they'd be happy with a 5th or 6th rounder in return for Grabovsky. He hasn't made a great impression in the NHL, but he absolutely dominated the AHL this year. It's a good trade for everyone involved, no one is getting hosed here...

Old
07-03-2008, 11:26 PM
couz

Grabovski & Kost bros had a rift

Richard Labbe from La Presse, who follows the team very closely reported on 110% tonight that he knew for a fact that Grabs and the Kost bros were not as close towards the end of the season.

Largely may have to do with grabovski's attitude and threat of leaving the team...

Labbe states that after that episode Grabs wasn't hanging out with the Kosti bros as much, and didn't seem as close....he said the clique of Russians Kovy, Marko, Kosti bros) were together and Grabs wasn't seen with them like the past.

I guess he really blew it when he pulled his little stunt and had his attitude problem.

The team was going well and the Kosti bros were a big part of that, I think they felt it was really their team and Grabs was trying to stir things at a bad time....not appreciated by the Kostis.

Its obvious Gainey wanted to unload Grabs at the deadline....I don't think you pull stuff like that on a Gainey team and expect to stay around.

Old
07-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by couz View Post
Richard Labbe from La Presse, who follows the team very closely reported on 110% tonight that he knew for a fact that Grabs and the Kost bros were not as close towards the end of the season.

Largely may have to do with grabovski's attitude and threat of leaving the team...

Labbe states that after that episode Grabs wasn't hanging out with the Kosti bros as much, and didn't seem as close....he said the clique of Russians Kovy, Marko, Kosti bros) were together and Grabs wasn't seen with them like the past.

I guess he really blew it when he pulled his little stunt and had his attitude problem.

The team was going well and the Kosti bros were a big part of that, I think they felt it was really their team and Grabs was trying to stir things at a bad time....not appreciated by the Kostis.

Its obvious Gainey wanted to unload Grabs at the deadline....I don't think you pull stuff like that on a Gainey team and expect to stay around.
Well, it may be true, but La Presse and 110% ain't credible sources, especially the latter...

IF it's indeed true, then it was time for Grabo to leave...

Old
07-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Great thing! It means they got their heads screwed on right and they ain't gonna be moping around because their buddy is.

Kovalev is such a great model for those guys.

Old
07-03-2008, 11:32 PM
znk

Quote:

Gainey said in his Press conference that Grabs asked to be moved.

Old
07-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Habitant#1

If it's true then way to go for the Kost Bros. What great characters these guys have!

Old
07-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1380
Well whatever the real reason, Grabs sure dug himself a grave with Bob Gainey when he left the team down and intentionally missed the plane.
Grabs showed right there that HE thought he was more important than the team.

That is right up there with the Ribeiro fake injury and Ryder's paper planes. These kind of acts show no respect for the team and what it stands for and Bob is no pushover. Its in the Habs history; its how they do things, just remember the Chelios incident or the one fingered salute to a press photographer by Carbonneau years back.

Quote:
I guess that was ok by Bob since Grabs wouldnt have stayed with the team anyways, it gave the Habs a good cover story and made it look as if they were being nice and accomodating to Grabs. Just a guess.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-04-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Old
07-03-2008, 11:37 PM
couz

Quote:
I wonder why ???

He probably felt like he wasn't wanted not only by the managemt but by his own teammates.

I remember that time of year when Grabs made his threat to leave the team...apparently Kovalev wasn't happy, and had a chat with the kid.

You gotta think that a guy like AKos bites bullet in Hamilton for 3 years and never says a thing, while this guy comes along with one year in Hamilton and starts making threats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
Well, it may be true, but La Presse and 110% ain't credible sources, especially the latter...

Richard Labbe reports for La Presse...its a media source just like the others and he's a reporter just like the others.

Its up to you to decide what you think but if you're not gonna get Habs info from reporters than who else are you gonna get it from.

As for credible....who is credible nowadays???

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-04-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Old
07-03-2008, 11:43 PM
znk

Quote:
I wonder why ???

He probably felt like he wasn't wanted not only by the managemt but by his own teammates.

I remember that time of year when Grabs made his threat to leave the team...apparently Kovalev wasn't happy, and had a chat with the kid.

You gotta think that a guy like AKos bites bullet in Hamilton for 3 years and never says a thing, while this guy comes along with one year in Hamilton and starts making threats.
Grabs saw there was no future for him in Montreal. He wants to play in the NHL and the more time passed the less likely it was getting and he was losing precious time. He was like stuck in a dead end here.

Old
07-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
I wonder why ???

Not quite accurate.

Grabovski actually never went public about going back to the RSL (from what I know), a lot of speculations but not a single quote from Grabs... while Kostitsyn went out saying he would leave for Russia if not granted a spot on the Canadiens.

Old
07-03-2008, 11:56 PM
anarmandaleb

You know it's the summer when the media resorts to gossiping.
Grabs had no place on the Canadiens roster. Cliffletch has open spots and is looking for players that can be moulded while they stay alive in the Tavares sweepstakes. Gainey and Cliffletch are BFF these days.
That's it, that's all.

Old
07-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
If it's true then way to go for the Kost Bros. What great characters these guys have!
First game Against Grabovski should be a good one

Old
07-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Bobby Clark
Spicy Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Not quite accurate.

Grabovski actually never went public about going back to the RSL (from what I know), a lot of speculations but not a single quote from Grabs... while Kostitsyn went out saying he would leave for Russia if not granted a spot on the Canadiens.
He had payed his dues in Hamilton so it's perfectly normal to start losing patience.I am pretty sure Plekanec did the same thing and i don't blame him either.

Old
07-04-2008, 12:21 AM
The-Habby2919

I mustve missed something, what was the Ryder paper airplanes thing about? Can somebody fill me in?

Old
07-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Habs83

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Habby2919 View Post
I mustve missed something, what was the Ryder paper airplanes thing about? Can somebody fill me in?
In the playoffs, he was throwing paper airplanes in the pressbox.

Old
07-04-2008, 02:11 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Richard Labbe reports for La Presse...its a media source just like the others and he's a reporter just like the others.

Its up to you to decide what you think but if you're not gonna get Habs info from reporters than who else are you gonna get it from.

As for credible....who is credible nowadays???
Actually..I just saw 110%..and unless I was magically high, its PJ Stocks that talks about this Kosty vs Grabs beef.

He's as reliable as Eklund.

Old
07-04-2008, 02:58 AM
TheAntiprice*

I don't mind sending away Grab if he indeed was a distraction, but why did it have to be to the leafs? Send him out west somewhere, not somewhere he could bite you in the *** 6 times a year! Ganiey

Old
07-04-2008, 03:18 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
so does this mean Grabs (no doubt will be given a NHL roster spot in Toronto) will be the New Hab Killer of the team? Wellwood and Tucker are gone.

Old
07-04-2008, 03:27 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
so does this mean Grabs (no doubt will be given a NHL roster spot in Toronto) will be the New Hab Killer of the team? Wellwood and Tucker are gone.
yes.

Fletcher said he isnt looking for "veteran"center now .He said Grabovski will have a fulltime spot at center in TO and lets see how he pans out (my bet less than 100 games)

Old
07-04-2008, 03:42 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
yes.

Fletcher said he isnt looking for "veteran"center now .He said Grabovski will have a fulltime spot at center in TO and lets see how he pans out (my bet less than 100 games)
ah poopsicles. On the bright side, hes short..thats bout it.

Old
07-04-2008, 03:54 AM
sandman08

as far as the paper airplane and ryder incident, given the way he was treated (sure he stunk but there were times we couldve used a few more goals and he still had the talent to put the puck in the net) and if the rumour of muller telling him to "ask the coach why he wasnt playing" or something along those lines is true.. he knew he was gone and acted accordingly.

Old
07-04-2008, 05:37 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post

Agreed.

Old
07-04-2008, 06:14 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
You know it's the summer when the media resorts to gossiping.
Grabs had no place on the Canadiens roster. Cliffletch has open spots and is looking for players that can be moulded while they stay alive in the Tavares sweepstakes. Gainey and Cliffletch are BFF these days.
That's it, that's all.
A good summary.

It seems straight forward to me, but I guess I'm not paid to wrap gossip up as news in the quest for advertiser revenue.

Old
07-04-2008, 06:19 AM
ed ible*

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
i love this one. deluded leaf fans were in tears that grabo was the compensation for sundin. 'heaven forbid they said' and insisted it was higgins and chipchura going their way.

so what happens? fletcher wants grabo so badly habs get a prospect AND a 2nd - more than they got for huet.

showing once again, just how deluded leaf fans are
You hit the nail on the head..............Im pretty sure it was more of Flecther wanting Grabs than anything..............Nice rob job Bob!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread