HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jagr to the Pens still?

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2008, 12:13 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

vCash: 500
There's two big things with Jagr, and they were said by him, in his press conference.

1. He wants to be the go-to-guy on whatever team he plays on. He wants the spotlight, as he performs well under pressure. It seems like the more bigger names the Rangers brought in to improve the team, Jagr's production went down with attention taken away. This was also one of the reasons why Jagr was traded from Pittsburgh.

2. In order to feel like the go-to-guy, Jagr has to be the highest paid player on the team, which is ********. It's clearly about money and fame for him, and he's not going to have the money or the fame in Pittsburgh. Crosby and Malkin are the highest paid players and the focal points of that team. I can't see how Pittsburgh could even make room for Jagr, and how Jagr could go back there after his antics leading up to his departure.

While I'm not an expert, and I'm not going to rule out a return there, I just don't see it happening. Too many factors that hurt the case rather than help it.

Old
07-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
There's two big things with Jagr, and they were said by him, in his press conference.

1. He wants to be the go-to-guy on whatever team he plays on. He wants the spotlight, as he performs well under pressure. It seems like the more bigger names the Rangers brought in to improve the team, Jagr's production went down with attention taken away. This was also one of the reasons why Jagr was traded from Pittsburgh.

2. In order to feel like the go-to-guy, Jagr has to be the highest paid player on the team, which is ********. It's clearly about money and fame for him, and he's not going to have the money or the fame in Pittsburgh. Crosby and Malkin are the highest paid players and the focal points of that team. I can't see how Pittsburgh could even make room for Jagr, and how Jagr could go back there after his antics leading up to his departure.

While I'm not an expert, and I'm not going to rule out a return there, I just don't see it happening. Too many factors that hurt the case rather than help it.
No one should rule out the Rangers yet, Sather told him if JJ doesnt like what he sees to contact the Rangers

Old
07-04-2008, 12:23 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
Didn't know Jagr was handled by Pat Brisson. Brisson and Mario have been bosom buddies for years.

Not that it means anything. Don't even know why I posted it. I'd actually alter your numbers by taking 40 percentage points from the Pens and adding it to Russia.
Also is Crosby and Malkin's agent.

Old
07-04-2008, 02:36 AM
SkullSplitter

Brisson isn't Malkin's agent, JP Barry (Sundin's agent) is

Old
07-04-2008, 09:31 AM
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectraljulian View Post
Brisson isn't Malkin's agent, JP Barry (Sundin's agent) is
True, but both Brisson and Barry are partners in the Creative Artists Agency.

http://www.sports.caa.com/

Closed Thread