HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Paul Mara

Old
07-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Here is where we diverge. I think that a Kalinin/Rozsival pairing will be a nightmare. Girardi does not necessarily belong on the 3rd pair. To me, he looks to be a good # 4. I think that he will be the defensive counterpart to Rozsival on the 2nd pairing. Leaving Kalinin & Mara to man the 3rd pair
They are not going to put 2 Righty shots together ..............that is why it makes sense to me

I think the top 4 in minutes are Rozsival, Girardi, Staal, Redden.......so pair that up however u want but I only see Rozsvial and Redden on the ice together on the first PP unit.............it's fine putting Staal and Redden together on PK and if Kalinen is better than what most are giving him credit for

For a nerdy comment i made changes on my NHL 08 game and Kalinen was ranked the highest out of every Ranger Dman........so he has some skills.......not basing it on what a video game says but on what I have seen, he can skate

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 09:40 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Here is where we diverge. I think that a Kalinin/Rozsival pairing will be a nightmare. Girardi does not necessarily belong on the 3rd pair. To me, he looks to be a good # 4. I think that he will be the defensive counterpart to Rozsival on the 2nd pairing. Leaving Kalinin & Mara to man the 3rd pair
IMO, Girardi got exposed last year. He progressed beyond all expectations, but, by the end of the year, he played like a 3rd pairing D-man. Now, maybe that was due to Renney insistence on playing him and Tyutin together, and Girardi gets a fresh start with a new partner. But, I go on record as saying that I think there's a very good chance that in 2-3 years, Girardi won't be a Ranger. Staal, Redden, and Rozsival are here for quite a while, and Sanguinetti here no later than next year. We will probably see a deal similar to the CBJ deal, although, I doubt we get someone as talented as Zherdev.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2k99 View Post
I'd honestly give Mara two years, we only need him to be a 3rd liner who can do a little of everything. I think we have a good team if he comes back. The only thing I would want is a little more grit in the top 6 forwards.
The top 6 forwards is interesting to me

at this pt I would put a combo of Gomez, Naslund, Zherdev, Drury, Dawes, Dubinsky

Then the bottom half any combo of Fritsche, Rissmiller, Betts as possible 3rd and 4th line C.......until Amisinov is ready...........which could be later in the year........then their is Prucha, Callahan, Voros, Orr, Sjostrom for the wings

Old
07-04-2008, 09:42 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
They are not going to put 2 Righty shots together ..............that is why it makes sense to me

I think the top 4 in minutes are Rozsival, Girardi, Staal, Redden.......so pair that up however u want but I only see Rozsvial and Redden on the ice together on the first PP unit.............it's fine putting Staal and Redden together on PK and if Kalinen is better than what most are giving him credit for

For a nerdy comment i made changes on my NHL 08 game and Kalinen was ranked the highest out of every Ranger Dman........so he has some skills.......not basing it on what a video game says but on what I have seen, he can skate
That makes plenty of sense, and is a scenario I see very likely happening. I just think we get the best out of both Staal and Redden when they are the top pairing.

Old
07-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
IMO, Girardi got exposed last year. He progressed beyond all expectations, but, by the end of the year, he played like a 3rd pairing D-man. Now, maybe that was due to Renney insistence on playing him and Tyutin together, and Girardi gets a fresh start with a new partner. But, I go on record as saying that I think there's a very good chance that in 2-3 years, Girardi won't be a Ranger. Staal, Redden, and Rozsival are here for quite a while, and Sanguinetti here no later than next year. We will probably see a deal similar to the CBJ deal, although, I doubt we get someone as talented as Zherdev.
Stop dissing Girardi!!,haha...............he is a good D man.......the end ...........and i don't care what they do with pairings as long as they win

Old
07-04-2008, 09:45 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2k99 View Post
I'd honestly give Mara two years, we only need him to be a 3rd liner who can do a little of everything. I think we have a good team if he comes back. The only thing I would want is a little more grit in the top 6 forwards.
No need to make that commitment. First of all, Sanguinetti is on the way. And, what if Mara does not play well? Maybe Kalinin becomes a better option to be re-signed. No need to commit unnecessary money in the salary cap era.

Old
07-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
No need to make that commitment. First of all, Sanguinetti is on the way. And, what if Mara does not play well? Maybe Kalinin becomes a better option to be re-signed. No need to commit unnecessary money in the salary cap era.
Yea Sanguinetti is going to have one yr in Hartford and then he is up

Was looking at the teams age and damn it is pretty young now

some guys are closing in on 30 but only Drury 31, Naslund 34 and Redden 31 are there...........nice!

Also have Fritsche and Dubinsky played together in US hockey?.......they are the same age.......may work out to be a great kid line with Callahan.............just a thought

With that Prucha moves up to a Drury and Dawes line

I like Betts as the PK 4th line C and Sjostrom can challenge for more time............Rissmiller , Jamtin ,Voros are going to be in a battle for the last spot..............I really can't see Orr or Hollweg playing this yr.......may as well move them for a prospect or pick

Old
07-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Vitto79

It's fun thinking of lines, well for me anyways

I think the 1st line is a given
Naslund, Gomez, Zherdev..........looking forward to that combo

Then it gets interesting

I think the US kid line of Fritsche , Dubinsky, Callahan makes alot of sense

Then Drury can skate with Dawes and at this point I would say Prucha............(although they could package him with Orr,Hollweg/excess forward for a big body winger)

4th line is Betts who is a great PK man.....Sjostrom who can challenge for playing time on the 3rd line and then I think Jamtin ..............a couple of Swedes

That leaves Voros and Rissmiller.........which makes me think what was the pt on signing them,haha..........but injuries happen and they will likely get their share of games in ........especially Voros who I think is going to be big time tough.........and Renny likes a tough guy in their too.............at this pt I would say Orr gets the final spot.........imagine they keep Hollweg,haha........