HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jaromir speaks on departure

Old
07-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor View Post
He enjoyed playing in Russia. Almost didn't return to the NHL after the lockout.

NHL tells Jagr, nyet on Russia - HFBoards

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...highlight=Jagr Omsk
i cant believe people wanted to trade him....

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Pizza

A few years from now when Cherepanov is standing at center ice with the Cup in his arms, I'll be thinking of Jagr.

Watch over him for us big fella.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 06:20 PM
David Puddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Odds of Jagr wearing Ranger blue in the HHoF???

I know his best years were in black and gold, but... still
They don't generally wear a baseball cap in the Hockey Hall of Fame. They also aren't in color. Here's Gretzky's plaque:

The plaques feature mostly a bust with a vague top of the player's sweater. The best you might get are some strings.

David Puddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 06:40 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I miss this guy already. I love Jagr, next to Bure he was my favorite player growing up. Kovalev is another. He's just so dynamic, he's great, it was a joy getting to watch him play here in new york. I'm very upset right now, he shouldve been given the 2 year deal, he should be here right now. Sather shouldnt have let him walk away even with us getting naslund. Just stupid. Naslund and Zherdev wont be able to replace him as much as i like those additions.

I'm just in shock right now that he really wont be there on opening night next year. Its just not right.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Nemchinov13

Well, Jagr's name is in Ranger history books for eternity - single season goal scoring and points records.

Such graceful exit. That's pretty classy. Thanks for the memories, Jaromir. Good luck where ever you choose to go.

And my gf looks so cute in Jagr's children-sized jersey. R U thinking what I'm thinking? I know, it's perverted as hell. haha

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Great player and a great man. Maybe he was a priamdona or whatever years ago, but he is long past that now.

It gave me alot of pride to root for Jagr for the years he was here, the 05-06 season was amazing. Hegets just as much if not more credit than Lundqvist for that year, and who knows, if he didn't injure his shoulder, we could have gotten 2 more years just like that one.

He will be remembered by most as a Penguin and rightfully so, just wish we were able to that that next step with him.

Good luck in Russia, I'll be rooting for Osmk.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Nemchinov13

Speaking of Omsk, I have THE Avangard #68 jersey from 04-05 season.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 07:38 PM
In The Flesh

sickens me what an a$$hat Sather is.

Yep, end of an era, Jagr was great here, I'm going to miss him. Its def. going to be weird for a while with him not on the team. Great guy, great player.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

The only thing i regret with JJ was not getting his jersey. I just purchased #68 Navy Blue.

Old
07-04-2008, 08:01 PM
+73*

not that the pricetags were going to be the same but am i the only one who'd rather have seen #68 return instead of signing Naslund?

probably wouldn't have stayed for less money so it's moot, i suppose...
Jagr's last stint with Avangaard Omsk had him leading the RSL in scoring.. i've no doubt in my mind he'll be amongst the league's top scorers once again...

Hat's off and a BJ for JJ; F- Milbury and his shoe-polish hair dye domepiece.

+73* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
The only thing i regret with JJ was not getting his jersey. I just purchased #68 Navy Blue.
KEEP YOUR DOG WARM WITH IT.

1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:22 PM
dynamoovechkin

It amazed me how consistent he was while he was here, how genuine and authentic he was. He was the personality of the franchise for 3 years. It's unfortunate that the chemistry experiment failed, and he was only able to click with Dubi on the first line, rather than Gomez or Dru, but what can you do? His performance in the playoffs this year was monster!

As a side note, I have family in Omsk, we are planning a trip this Christmas, including, of course a date to see Jarda on the Hawks. I saw him play in their old building during the lockout year. He benefitted from a league where there is not the hitting you see in the NHL, and even the 4th liners have a lot of skill- you don't see a lot of bruisers/role players in the KHL. It's a different game in a lot of ways, and there aren't as many games. The games themselves are not as punishing, and the goaltending is sometimes spotty. Avangard cleaned house after last year, so it should be interesting to see what they do.

Good luck Jags, thanks for everything! You truly wore the Blueshirt well. Go Hawks!

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:23 PM
KRM

I will miss him so much, Jagr and Mario were the reason I started following hockey, as Penguin fan I must admit (). But I was still in kindergarten then so don't blame me for making one really bad decision!

I was hoping he would stay here and break the magic 700 goals, 1000 assist barrier. Good luck in Russia Jágr!

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
A few years from now when Cherepanov is standing at center ice with the Cup in his arms, I'll be thinking of Jagr.

Watch over him for us big fella.
JJ's contract is up when Chere will be in his 2nd year, maybe Jagr will be like Michael Jordan and come back.

Old
07-04-2008, 11:20 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Not a single hockey fan has the right to badmouth this guy for his actions on or off the ice. He put Rangers hockey back on the map, plain and simple. However, it is time this team went in another direction. Thanks for all the memories Jags, we'll all be rooting for you in Omsk.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 11:54 PM
slim399

fockkkkkk...for being a pre modoana with pitt and the caps he really matured with us... i was really hoping would lead us to a couple cups and his number would be retired to the rafters. but its was good move by glen... we need to have scotty and chris lead us to the next chapter.

i have nothing bad to say about jags as blue shirt... best of luck, please be a mentor to cherry and tell him how great new york is...

thank you jags!!!

slim399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 12:18 AM
The Thomas J.*

Lets not forget he played in every single game while he was a Ranger, never sat out injured or tired. Thats a huge feat in modern sports. Almost 300 games played?

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 01:46 AM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

vCash: 529
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
It's going to be sad to not see #68 on the ice when the puck drops.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 02:36 AM
dynamoovechkin

My favorite moment was when he was introduced as captain and he glided out of the runway emerging from the fog. For me, it was like a moment frozen in time.

I thought he carried the mantle well. The man had a regal bearing about him. Truly of the all-time greats.

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 02:57 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

What a way to go out!

Question. Since their season starts two months earlier, is it at all feasible if say Omsk were to not make the playoffs that Jagr were to come over to New York on "loan" or some other Bardin-Sather wink wink deal? After all, March-April is when Jagr turned it on so it might not be a bad time to get an extra shot in the arm around then Just a silly thought really.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 03:00 AM
bfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
It's going to be sad to not see #68 on the ice when the puck drops.
Yea it is, he was really great at holding his own, you couldn't take him off the puck. After last year though, you could tell he was on the decline, and 70+ points ain't a bad way to go out on.

bfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 03:03 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
They don't generally wear a baseball cap in the Hockey Hall of Fame. They also aren't in color. Here's Gretzky's plaque:

The plaques feature mostly a bust with a vague top of the player's sweater. The best you might get are some strings.

wasnt aware of how it worked. I assume you picked a team and had everything set up that way.

cool though.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 07:48 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

I gained a great appreciation for Jagr, once I saw the nightly beating he took, and how he NEVER dove or whined and complained. The crap that punks like Hatcher got away with against him was almost criminal, as was the lack of calls he drew. He'd get punched in the head, bear-hugged and flat out tackled while on the ice, due to the fact he was just that much a of specimen to handle. But, you'd never see the whining or complaining some players do. And, his 2005-6 season ranks as the best individual season from a Ranger since Mess 1st year, that I ever witnessed. It was not about points that year; it was his presence, and the feeling he could will the team to win. Thanks, big fella, for dragging the Rangers out of the darkness; we wouldn't be where we are today without you.

Last edited by jas: 07-05-2008 at 10:58 AM.
jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 10:55 AM
broadwayblue

I'm so pissed at the NHL for robbing #68 of the Hart Trophy two years ago. Had he won MVP, as he rightly deserved, his option year would have triggered and he'd still be here.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I'm so pissed at the NHL for robbing #68 of the Hart Trophy two years ago. Had he won MVP, as he rightly deserved, his option year would have triggered and he'd still be here.
agreed. but everyone should know the NHL's biased towards Europeans.

Here's one for the memories.