HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dandenault

Old
07-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Russeltown

vCash: 500
How come nobody used the GTFO animated gif that SpreeEndaz and Lord_Chezz use once in a while?

As a matter of fact, I think that's better for the fans, and better for the team if they GTFO.

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:05 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by frederixx View Post
Dandenault will get traded (to his request) for a 4th pick really soon.
so....is that speculation or are you hinting that you know something?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Corey

There's nothing any of us can do about it if Gainey makes mistakes. Let's hope he avoids signing (or re-signing) players the Habs don't need.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
I'd accept a 6/7th rounder in a trade for him.
6th and 7th rounders are not worth the extra 1.5m in cap space Dandy takes, that;s the problem with finding a dance partner to take Dandy off our hands.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Habsfunk

I wouldn't mind Smolinski coming back as a 3rd/4th line centre, but only if he takes a paycut. I thought he was very solid down the stretch and in the playoffs and still has some use as long as he isn't overworked. Of course, if we sign Sundin or Fedoror, or anyone else, then I don't see the point and wish him good luck.

Habsfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 04:05 PM
BigM

If Bob somehow manages to get rid of Dandy, then who is our back up right defenceman behind Komy, Gorges and O'Byrne?

Streit is gone and if Dandy exits too, we could get Brisebois (but he may be too expensive against the cap if we want to leave enough for the Sundin possibility). Who is the best rightie defenceman in Hamilton? Is he ready for the NHL?

BigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Bopp

Our lines look like this now:

A. Kostitsyn Plekanec Kovalev
Tanguay Koivu Higgins
Latendresse Chipchura S. Kostitsyn
Kostopoulous Lapierre Laraque
Bégin, Dandenault

Markov Komisarek
Hamrlik O'byrne
Georges Bouillon
Brisebois

Price
Halak

Do they usually keep 22 or 23 guys... I think it's 23.

Smlolinski is OUT, no question.
Now if we add another forward, like Jagr or Sundin, that means one of these guys has to go. I think what might keep Dandenault there is the fact that he can play Fwd and D. I they do, Brisebois wouldn't come back. If they can move Dandenault for a pick, they get to keep Brisebois, who did a good job in his role last year.

what do you guys think?

Bopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 11:59 AM
HabsRenegade

Send a message via MSN to HabsRenegade
You guys are hard with Dandenault. He should make the team IMO, but if he do not reach the level of game he should at his age and talent, then I think Bob will not bother resigning him and he'll be scratched most of the season.

The question is still, is he better off on offense or defense?... we shall see when the camp starts.

HabsRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Kaptain Bégin

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Didn't Gainey say in his press conference something about bringing Smoke back? Maybe it was just a nightmare I was having? I really really don't want to see him back not a a fan at all. As for Dandenault, hope Gainey finds a home for him unless he wants to keep him around for depth, chewing up cap space as there's just no room for him in the lineup.
He said it at the draft, depending of what happen on draft day. Finally, Chipchura stay a Habs, so no room for Smokes...He will sign with St.Louis or Colombus, I guess.

For Dandy, if Gainey don't find a better 7th defenseman than Dandy, he will be our 7th, or Brisebois. Maybe he will be trade for another salary dump, like Samsonov.

Kaptain Bégin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Dandenault wants to play... he doesn't want to be a 13th forward or 7th defenceman. He got mad after being scratched last year and made a pretty big deal about how he was still young and wants to play, a few teams still have to reach the salary cap floor so I wouldn't be surprised if they traded for Dandy to take up some cap space.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Teufelsdreck

I don't expect Laraque to play every game but he'll play more often than Dandenault. I don't imagine that many GMs will inquire about Dandenault's availability.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 05:00 PM
newsylalonde100

ya i would much rather see the young guys come and play on the 3rd and 4th line instead of smoke and dandenault...plus dandenault is brutal

newsylalonde100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Dandy wanted out after the end of last season. I cannot imagine Bob keeing that floater. He will be bought out.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Dandy wanted out after the end of last season. I cannot imagine Bob keeing that floater. He will be bought out.
I doubt it. If we keep him then NEXT season we will have nothing against our cap...if we buy him out we have something like $500,000 to eat at a time when we must resign Koivu, Higgins, Komisarek, (Kovalev, Tanguay)...

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
I know this topic is not about him but I hope Brisebois isin't back, i watched game 7 last night and man he was ****ing brutal!!

Id rather see Dandy play and few game here and there.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 05:32 PM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post
How come nobody used the GTFO animated gif that SpreeEndaz and Lord_Chezz use once in a while?

As a matter of fact, I think that's better for the fans, and better for the team if they GTFO.
Meh, let's be original a bit here:

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
I doubt it. If we keep him then NEXT season we will have nothing against our cap...if we buy him out we have something like $500,000 to eat at a time when we must resign Koivu, Higgins, Komisarek, (Kovalev, Tanguay)...
Why wouldn't the 500,000 go against the cap of this year?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Why wouldn't the 500,000 go against the cap of this year?
it goes against both.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

Alex Tanguay

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers View Post
Aside from adding a goon, what off-season moves have the Habs made to get stronger?

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 09:14 PM
RE-HABS

When asked about the centre position Gainey said he was still interested in Sundin, but if nothing happened then he had 4 good centres in place with Saku, Pleks, Chip and Lappy and he said Higgins and Begin have experience playing centre as well. To me the writing is on the wall that Smoke is out.

With how bad Vancouver looks right now at forward I wouldn't be suprised to see Smoke there. Dandy? There are teams needing D, but he is a depth one and he would only be a depth forward as well...he is a hard sell.

If we could package Dandy with a prospect or pick to Vancouver for one of their D it would be great, Bob said Valentanko isn't ready so I would rather see us get someone than putting Dandy back there.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 09:44 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
When asked about the centre position Gainey said he was still interested in Sundin, but if nothing happened then he had 4 good centres in place with Saku, Pleks, Chip and Lappy and he said Higgins and Begin have experience playing centre as well. To me the writing is on the wall that Smoke is out.

With how bad Vancouver looks right now at forward I wouldn't be suprised to see Smoke there. Dandy? There are teams needing D, but he is a depth one and he would only be a depth forward as well...he is a hard sell.

If we could package Dandy with a prospect or pick to Vancouver for one of their D it would be great, Bob said Valentanko isn't ready so I would rather see us get someone than putting Dandy back there.
exactly. chipchura is center 4 as it should be - unless sundin signs, in which case he might still be center 4 with laps to the wing. i think BG will decide between UFA brisebois and a UFA like smith. if he signs one of these two, i expect dandy traded before the season or bought out.

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Pere Noel

Quote:
The buyout period ended up on the 30th, and Gainey didn't buy him out.

Which is consistent with what he had said. He said that that Dandenault can bring value to the team or could be trade but would not be bought out.

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
I wonder when/if Gainey is going to

Move Dandenault

Were sitting at 9,381,366 of cap space (according to hockeybuzz.com)

If we sign Mats at 7.5-8 Million, that leaves 1.3-1.8 to sign Halak, Gorges and O'Byrne. If each sign at 500K that only leaves us 500 to 300K of cap room

That's not acceptable and Gainey knows it too, I think this is one of the reasons why Grabovsky was moved, because we wouldn't have been able to sign him. Dandenault will free up 1.7 Mill which will give us 11 Million isntead of 9.38. It's not much but its a start.

Thoughts?

How do we fit our team under the cap and give ourselves room if we sign Sundin and our RFA's ? What kind of contracts do you think Gorges, O'Byrne and Halak will get?

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

I can see O'byrne getting 700k
Gorges gets 875k
Halak gets 750k

Total: 2.325 million

maybe i'm overevaluating?

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 07:49 PM
redmachine54

No doubt Dandenault will need to be moved if Gorges, O'Byrne, and Halak are in this team's plans (which they should be), and there's a plan to sign Sundin.

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote