HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Weight Question

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2008, 05:12 PM
  #1
WithOutPaperss
Registered User
 
WithOutPaperss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,950
vCash: 500
Weight Question

Okay, so I'm not very old, or big. I'm 15, 5'4.5 and I weigh about 118lbs. I am moving up to Midget hockey this year, where I will play much bigger players.

What weight should I be at to not be overweight, but be effective enough to take on these much bigger players?

WithOutPaperss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 05:20 PM
  #2
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,981
vCash: 500
Your doctor/pediatrician would probably know what the ideal weight for your age and height is, probably the best person to ask.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 07:54 PM
  #3
dirtydevs9
Registered User
 
dirtydevs9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dirtydevs9
I agree with the above post. It's best idea to ask your doctor first, but if not make sure you aren't just putting on fat. Make the weight worth it.

dirtydevs9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 08:39 PM
  #4
91
Registered User
 
91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the ghetto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,821
vCash: 500
Don't worry about your weight at this point. Chances are you are much faster than the bigger players any way, work on eluding them rather than taking them on.

91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 01:03 AM
  #5
db88
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
yeah and if you wanna add weight hit the gym and eattttt

db88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 09:53 PM
  #6
Nikita Filatov*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,446
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
I'm 15 as well and weight about 180 pounds at about 5'10 or 5'11. I can outskate, and out hit everyone in my leauge...i scored 60+ goals, about 90 PIM and 90-100 points in about 55 games.

A year ago i was 14, 5'3 and 110. I could outskate, but was getting knocked around pretty good.

The bigger i get, the better my skills seem to get. I tend to work on my leg muscles more than anything. Jogging, leg press, and ladders all help to get faster even with your weight increasing.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:26 AM
  #7
spizzle420
Registered User
 
spizzle420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: T.O.
Posts: 890
vCash: 500
you put on 70 lbs in 1 year?

crazy testosterone *******

spizzle420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 01:37 PM
  #8
Nikita Filatov*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,446
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Yea. Mostly du to the weight room i used for football over the season.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 02:00 PM
  #9
BlackAces
Play Your Game
 
BlackAces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 500
Well im 14 going into second year bantam and im 5'11 and about 155lbs, I had a kid on my team that was about your build and if you play smart but don't give up on the play when a big guy shows up you should do fine. Weight isn't really the problem height would be more beneficial unfortunatly that's something you can't control.

BlackAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 03:10 PM
  #10
PIMking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Country: Germany
Posts: 601
vCash: 500
Get a bigger guy as your linemate to keep the thugs in check.

I was smaller until i was 17 then I gained about 20 lbs and then Blew out my knee and gained 35 lbs. So I went from about 155 at 5'10 to 205-210 and after Physical therapy and getting back into shape I cant drop the weight but im fine with speed and all the good stuff.

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 03:22 PM
  #11
walker33
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 414
vCash: 500
buyddy im 6'0 215 and im a tendy but i kno guys who are about the same weight who play..i reccomned just trying to gain some weight or ur gonna get thrown around

walker33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 03:33 PM
  #12
Kvashinator12
Registered User
 
Kvashinator12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: United States
Country: United States
Posts: 7,057
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
I'm 15 as well and weight about 180 pounds at about 5'10 or 5'11. I can outskate, and out hit everyone in my leauge...i scored 60+ goals, about 90 PIM and 90-100 points in about 55 games.

A year ago i was 14, 5'3 and 110. I could outskate, but was getting knocked around pretty good.

The bigger i get, the better my skills seem to get. I tend to work on my leg muscles more than anything. Jogging, leg press, and ladders all help to get faster even with your weight increasing.
Sorry man, i am calling a little BS on this. 7-8 inches in a year, and 70lbs, I find that hard to believe. If you put that kind of weight on, i am curious as the muscle to fat composition. I am not knocking you, but i have friends who are bodybuilders that put on about 30lbs a year eating 8-10 times a day, and juicing up like crazy. If you did put on 70lbs good for you..

As for the main guy, ask your doctor, but don't always go by their scales...I am 5'5" and 185lbs and considered overweight. It's muscle, but it's obese according to the standards of the governing health bodies. Your body will grow with time, and your weight will go up as you mature.

Kvashinator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 05:11 PM
  #13
Headcoach
Registered User
 
Headcoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 747
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangelo37 View Post
Okay, so I'm not very old, or big. I'm 15, 5'4.5 and I weigh about 118lbs. I am moving up to Midget hockey this year, where I will play much bigger players.

What weight should I be at to not be overweight, but be effective enough to take on these much bigger players?
There are plenty of charts and calculators that you can find on the internet to get a general idea. Here, try this one: http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm

Head coach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 07:34 PM
  #14
Nikita Filatov*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,446
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12 View Post
Sorry man, i am calling a little BS on this. 7-8 inches in a year, and 70lbs, I find that hard to believe. If you put that kind of weight on, i am curious as the muscle to fat composition. I am not knocking you, but i have friends who are bodybuilders that put on about 30lbs a year eating 8-10 times a day, and juicing up like crazy. If you did put on 70lbs good for you..

As for the main guy, ask your doctor, but don't always go by their scales...I am 5'5" and 185lbs and considered overweight. It's muscle, but it's obese according to the standards of the governing health bodies. Your body will grow with time, and your weight will go up as you mature.
According to the doctors it was 70, but the first time i wen't to the doctors i was very sick and hadn't eaten much at all in like a month. I lost almost 20 pounds in that one month...

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:37 PM
  #15
Kvashinator12
Registered User
 
Kvashinator12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: United States
Country: United States
Posts: 7,057
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
According to the doctors it was 70, but the first time i wen't to the doctors i was very sick and hadn't eaten much at all in like a month. I lost almost 20 pounds in that one month...
I gotcha now, that is a completely different story...People don't understand often, whether it be sick or dieting and not eating regularly creates a huge metabolic change. My friends that compete as bodybuilders diet down and lose 30-40lbs, and once they finish their show and slowly gain back weight, they usually double their weight...I hope you are better now..YOu have a solid build at your age.

Kvashinator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 09:18 PM
  #16
WithOutPaperss
Registered User
 
WithOutPaperss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,950
vCash: 500
I love having a high metabolism though because I am a heavy eater, but barely gain weight. I weighed 112 pounds from January 2007, up until about 2 months ago. If my metabolism was low, I'd be weighing about 180 pounds, all fat no muscle.

WithOutPaperss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.