HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Flames prospect should be on the team this coming season?

Old
06-16-2008, 01:28 AM
Caribou Lou

vCash: 500
Andrei ****ing Taratukhin

Caribou Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 01:35 AM
Pardy Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribou Lou View Post
Andrei ****ing Taratukhin
Sadly, that ship has sailed.

Pardy Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
This is going to be Sutter's 6th drafts and people are saying he needs more time. How many GMs get 6 years period, without getting canned? You should start seeing more than Phaneuf and Boyd after 6 drafts.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Caged Great

When Sutter first came here as the GM, we had practically nothing in terms of prospects or depth period.

Outside of the miracle run in 03-04, this team is still trying to establish a foundation of good prospects so we can become similar to Detroit. I fully expect us from now on to take more risky picks as we now have the depth in the organization to have several players at each position fight for spots instead of having to plug holes with crap.

To illustrate my point, here are some players who are going to fight for spots in each position

Forward

Moss, Boyd, Nystrom, Prust, Stevenson, Van der gulik , Backlund, Sutter, Ryder and Taratukhin if they return

Defense

Ramholt, Pardy, Pelech, Negrin, Possibly Baldwin

Goalie

McElhinney, Keetley, Irving

Obviously there won't be spots for everyone, but we at least have some competition for spots.

Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Cactus Jack

Sutter said on the fan today that Prust has a spot on this team next year and he expects Negrin to see some NHL action.

Old
07-02-2008, 06:56 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
Sutter said on the fan today that Prust has a spot on this team next year and he expects Negrin to see some NHL action.
Negrin? Wow. I really like the kid, but don't know if he is ready yet. He can't even play in the AHL. So it is NHL or junior. Interesting comments from Sutter that I can't say I understand.

Prust is on the team finally. One way contract for 2 years. Good for him.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Hyde

I think that Negrin will be in the A this year maybe a call up at some point. Although next season I don't see why if he has a great training camp he couldn't make the big team. I really like John Negrin.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 07:15 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
I think that Negrin will be in the A this year maybe a call up at some point. Although next season I don't see why if he has a great training camp he couldn't make the big team. I really like John Negrin.
He's not old enough yet. He can't play in the A this upcoming season. I absolutely love negrin, but the comments by Sutter just have me confused a bit as I can't see him playing in the nhl next year.

Old
07-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
He's not old enough yet. He can't play in the A this upcoming season. I absolutely love negrin, but the comments by Sutter just have me confused a bit as I can't see him playing in the nhl next year.
LOL yeah silly me I forgot he is only 19. I agree with no playing in the NHL this season but next sure why not.

Old
07-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Hyperkookeez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
sutter could always stick him in for 2-3 games to give him a taste if he has a good camp and then send him back to the dub

Hyperkookeez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:37 PM
DuklaNation

My gut (& the status of the current lineup) tells me Backlund is going to surprise in training camp. I think his two-way play & hustle may impress Keenan.

DuklaNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
This is going to be Sutter's 6th drafts and people are saying he needs more time. How many GMs get 6 years period, without getting canned? You should start seeing more than Phaneuf and Boyd after 6 drafts.
Is Button still the head scout? he's a leftover from his brother's regime.

stupid is in the gene

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:56 PM
HuskyFlames

IMO, Prust has the inside track due to what he brings. Flames need that pest/instagator player on the 4th line. After Prust I would look at Van der Gulik (sp?). However, I think this guy will be given a larger role this year in the AHL.

Most improved D last season was Pelech. The guy improved ten fold over the year. Very close to cracking the NHL roster.

HuskyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 12:30 AM
flamesfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan View Post
Is Button still the head scout? he's a leftover from his brother's regime.

stupid is in the gene
Not really a leftover since he was here long before Craig was our GM.

Quote:
IMO, Prust has the inside track due to what he brings. Flames need that pest/instagator player on the 4th line.
For sure. Sutter has already said Prust is on the team. He will have to have a terrible camp to not make it. Plus he has a one way contract. Really looking forward to seeing him in the lineup.

Old
07-05-2008, 01:32 AM
BearChi

would Juuso Puustinen have a chance he would be a good offensive tool IMO

the calgary flames really need to add good prospects there a alot of young free agent why wouldn't they go get a few

BearChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 03:42 AM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Quote:
Originally Posted by flames14 View Post
would Juuso Puustinen have a chance he would be a good offensive tool IMO
Since Puustinen signed with a Finnish club and Sutter did not qualify Puustinen, I say, the odds are about 0%, that we see him in Calgary anytime soon.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 12:24 PM
PIMking

Im really interested to see baby sutter this year in the QC. watching him last year from the first game to the last game was like night and day difference.

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
Im really interested to see baby sutter this year in the QC. watching him last year from the first game to the last game was like night and day difference.
You'll have to keep us all updated PIMking next season with what is going on with the QC Flames. I know for my updates I go to CP but anything you can tell us would be great.

Old
07-06-2008, 01:55 PM
PIMking

I didnt post on here much during the hockey season but I post a TON of Pictures of the games.

Baby Sutter is kinda like our version of Eric Nystrom. He plays 200% all the time fights (and gets beat up most of the time) GREAT on the PK and shows good puck handling skills. He is always the last person off the ice. I could see him if he has a good beginning of the year he might see some NHL action. I really am excited for Prust but I have no Idea what they see in him what so ever. The guy cant handle the puck and takes Dumb PIMS. I Saw almost 60 games in person last year (missed one home game) and I have never saw him hit anyone.

Also Check out my vids on Youtube (PIMking13) I recorded the Nystrom strip tease. Also check out this hockey forum alot of QC Flames fans on there. www.intotheboards.net/vbforums

also I have a photbucket and Fotki account under PIMking. check them out guys

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 02:36 PM
abracanada

Not a probability but a possability, is Ryder now. A guy who has some offensive skills.

Prust will be playing with the big club, because of his attitude. He will do absolutely anything that is asked of him, and he will do anything to win. He will probably take on a heavyweight or two in the NHL, just to show his grit and determination. I hope he doesn't get killed.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Cactus Jack

I too am optimistic about Prust but I don't think he'll measure up as an agitator, physical force or middle weight. I hope I'm wrong.

As for Ryder, I think he'll need at least a year in the AHL before he can be considered ready for the NHL.