HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators set to hire Bryan Murray

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2004, 04:16 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Senators set to hire Bryan Murray

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=86769

What do you guys think? I personaly think that he could be a really good match for the Sens and seems like a kinda guy that Mucks would work well with.... extremely surprised I am though - I never even thought/knew Murray was in contention or interested in the job!

Old
06-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Hemsky4PM

Interesting that he's leaving his job as GM in Anaheim.

Maybe there is hope that the Oil can trade with Anaheim now that the "Comrie" situation for all intents and purposes leaves with Murray.

Old
06-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Hemsky4PM

Just an aside. I think the Mighty Ducks sum up what's wrong with the NHL. The powers that be have short term vision. They saw Disney's $$$ and a huge expansion fee and didn't care what kind of perception a freakin CARTOON DUCK on a so-called major league jersey would have. Disney and the NHL's greed in full effect. And you had to know Disney would want out as soon as the movie franchise died and all the merchandising residuals dried up. The league expanded too fast, that's clear now, and into just plain dumb markets. If I'm an American watching the finals last year I'm looking at those jerseys asking myself "Is this another one of those badly made movies" and promply change the channel.

The mighty joke franchise should move to Winnepeg and rename itself.

Closed Thread