HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Patrick O'Sullivan?

Old
07-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Samuelson

vCash: 500
I would love to have O'Sullivan with the Habs but I fear that the Kings would ask for something ridiculous like a 1st and Higgins or something

I'll take him if we don't have to give up the world for him

Samuelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 03:08 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post

dig a little deeper......

from Russo’s Rants,

As I’ve been reporting since July 1, the Wild has an offer in on the Vancouver Canucks unrestricted free agent (Brendan Morrison). The two sides have talked a lot.
http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...ion_next_week/

JULY 4TH- ECKLUND says
(Brendan Morrison)E4 to Wild

Now "If " Morrison does go to Minny PLEASE dont sit there and fool yourself as to how Ecklund got "another one right" ..........

you too can be Ecklund ...

Dude....that how every god damn rumour site works. If you cant stand them just stick to the news...then everything will always be 100% right.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 03:09 PM
AmartZing

TO LA: Latendresse and 3rd rounder
To MTl:O'Sullivan

AmartZing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 03:10 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlFan View Post
Ya...right

Old
07-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
we're not giving up Olivier

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Chomsky

I don't watch much kings games, can someone tell me the ceiling for O'sullivan? I've heard many conflicting reports.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Dude....that how every god damn rumour site works. If you cant stand them just stick to the news...then everything will always be 100% right.
what?show me all the rumour sites chargin 20 dollars.....

i just wanna make sure all the" Eck fanboys" dont go overboard(oh eck got one right) and give him props for getting Morrison right when Russo had it posted 3 days before....

i can read others site, blogs watch tsn too....why dont you give me 25 cents i bet i can"make up assumptions" and take other site rumours and get just as many right as ecklund...

we should try this ....2 no body posters from HF vs Ecklund for 3 or 4 months.....see who wins (gets more right)...

'

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 03:33 PM
thrillhous

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
I watched him a lot in the OHL.
I hate his attitude and he is a lazy player.
Last year he was anything but lazy and he had a great attitude. He won a lot of respect.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
I watched him a lot in the OHL.
I hate his attitude and he is a lazy player.
You couldn't be more wrong.

Ask any Kings fan. We all love this guy's heart.

He was challenged to become a well-rounded NHL player and he became one.

He's a hardworking two-way forward now. He scores and fights for pucks. Nasty moves on shootouts. Also probably the Kings' most offensively dangerous penalty killer with the shorthanded goals he scored last season.

He won't come cheap. Latendresse and a 3rd rounder is a non-starter.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 03:42 PM
thrillhous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
I don't watch much kings games, can someone tell me the ceiling for O'sullivan? I've heard many conflicting reports.
He was a one-dimensional player in juniors but he has developed a very nice two-way game in the last 2 years. Last year he played the whole season with LA and after a really slow start with small minutes he flourished in Line 1A (Kopitar + Brown) and 1B (Frolov + Cammalleri) roles.

I'd say he will have 60 point seasons for years to come with 80+ potential. The question is whether he will play wing or centre; on 1A he was a winger and on 1B he was playing centre.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 03:53 PM
znk

Quote:
what?show me all the rumour sites chargin 20 dollars.....

i just wanna make sure all the" Eck fanboys" dont go overboard(oh eck got one right) and give him props for getting Morrison right when Russo had it posted 3 days before....

i can read others site, blogs watch tsn too....why dont you give me 25 cents i bet i can"make up assumptions" and take other site rumours and get just as many right as ecklund...

we should try this ....2 no body posters from HF vs Ecklund for 3 or 4 months.....see who wins (gets more right)...

'
If some fish are ready to pay for his site....great for him. I dont pay and most dont. There is probably something I would pay for....getting rid of all the anti-eklund stuff in threads where his name is mentioned. I dont even like the guy but I hate that even more. How about people comment on the rumour? "It makes no sense at all!" Done.
The commenting on eklund in each rumour is one of the top 2 most anoying things on HFboards. That and the Crosby whiners who always think they are cool for throwing a jab down his way.

Old
07-05-2008, 03:53 PM
jimmy1100
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhous View Post
He was a one-dimensional player in juniors but he has developed a very nice two-way game in the last 2 years. Last year he played the whole season with LA and after a really slow start with small minutes he flourished in Line 1A (Kopitar + Brown) and 1B (Frolov + Cammalleri) roles.

I'd say he will have 60 point seasons for years to come with 80+ potential. The question is whether he will play wing or centre; on 1A he was a winger and on 1B he was playing centre.
I would say that is a fair and accurate assessment.

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
If some fish are ready to pay for his site....great for him. I dont pay and most dont. There is probably something I would pay for....getting rid of all the anti-eklund stuff in threads where his name is mentioned. I dont even like the guy but I hate that even more. How about people comment on the rumour? "It makes no sense at all!" Done.
The commenting on eklund in each rumour is one of the top 2 most anoying things on HFboards. That and the Crosby whiners who always think they are cool for throwing a jab down his way.
hey there ya go . Id pay HF $5.00 a year to ban all ecklund and ecklund threads.

how about it?

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
The Habs will not deal Lats away; not for another 2 years at least. He's about to get quality time this next season and the Habs want to see him progress. No more 'John Leclair" type deals...

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Guitpik

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhous View Post

Yep. The knock on him was his lack of a defensive game and unwillingness to fight for the puck along the boards.

He has added those two abilities to his list of strengths.

Anyone who questions his character or ability has no clue whatsoever about Patrick O'Sullivan. This kid EARNED his way into the hearts of Kings fans.

He's a top three forward with very good defensive game. Yeah, what team needs that type of player?

Guitpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 04:09 PM
znk

Quote:
hey there ya go . Id pay HF $5.00 a year to ban all ecklund and ecklund threads.

how about it?
So not only do you feel the need to blurt out "Eklund sucks, he's never right" everytime you see his name trying your best to hijack any conversation on the rumour or the players involved but you also want to decide for me if I should or should not talk about his rumours on this site?

There is a function on this site where you can ignore threads. You dont have to pay for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
The Habs will not deal Lats away; not for another 2 years at least. He's about to get quality time this next season and the Habs want to see him progress. No more 'John Leclair" type deals...
Yeah. Lats has a media NTC.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-05-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old
07-05-2008, 04:12 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
You couldn't be more wrong.

Ask any Kings fan. We all love this guy's heart.

He was challenged to become a well-rounded NHL player and he became one.

He's a hardworking two-way forward now. He scores and fights for pucks. Nasty moves on shootouts. Also probably the Kings' most offensively dangerous penalty killer with the shorthanded goals he scored last season.

He won't come cheap. Latendresse and a 3rd rounder is a non-starter.
I know that was a foolish comment by me, I guess I am still biased from his OHL days where all he would do is score and take lazy penalty's. I watched a lot of Kings games last year and really enjoyed watching them play I think I watched about 50 of their games and they must have won close to 35-38 of them. Kopitar and Dustin Brown are 2 of my favorite players in the league.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 04:15 PM
deandebean

Since LA needs to shore up its cap, and needs experienced players, let's look at what we could give up.

Koivu
Kovalev
Higgins (not a big dent for the cap)
Plek (not a big dent for the cap)

I don't see any experience d-man offered by Montreal. We are pretenders after all.

If it's for some experience, that's all I can see. So make your own assumptions. Your guess is as good as mine.

If Montreal would have signed Sundin, the choice would have been evident. Now, it isn't. That's why I find this rumor a bit weird.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 04:35 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
I hope Gainey is reading this message board. He's probably under the impression the kid has a fine attitude. Luckily we have alot of people in the know. Saves Bob the trouble of having to find out for himself.

I mean seriously...when was the last time Gainey / Carbo acquired somebody who had questionable ethic?

Samsonov

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Habs4Life

vCash: 666
The kid has alot of heart. He's just what we need.

Habs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 06:08 PM
znk

I really cant figure out why they would trade him.

Old
07-05-2008, 06:23 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
its clearly going to be Higgins+2 or 1st+ a prospect for O'Sullivan and a pick. Thats the minimum.

Last edited by JHabs: 07-05-2008 at 08:26 PM.
JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

You say CLEARLY its going to cost....and end with I THINK lol light jab

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Bermy

Quote:
I really cant figure out why they would trade him.
same here. It's not like the kings don't have enough cap space to re-sign him (they have like 27 mil )

Bermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
That would make no sense, Latendresse has as much upside and he is one of our few big forwards.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote