HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NHL Network

Old
07-05-2008, 01:56 PM
ScottyBowman

vCash: 500
NHL Network

I'm disappointed that they don't have a nightly news show at least up until July 15th or so to talk about all the UFA stuff. Possibly switch to a weekly show during the rest of the summer and then start back up every night when training camp starts. Sort of what ESPN does with the NFL. I think its pretty lame they have their own network and the only thing they show is old playoff games. Those are nice but tell us whats happening with the league right now.

Yeah, they have that XM radio taping during the afternoon but most people like myself are at work and don't care to watch tape delayed radio studio stuff.

ScottyBowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

I mentioned this on the CHL boards but the one thing they should do for their American audiences is show CHL games, either live or tape delayed for people in the States so they can watch their prospects and future draftees. They show plenty of classic series and vintage games. There's some ECHL and AHL games, CHL games are another natural fit that should be brought to a new audience. It would also help their ratings by showing other CHL playoff games and then the Memorial Cup.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 06:05 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
I mentioned this on the CHL boards but the one thing they should do for their American audiences is show CHL games, either live or tape delayed for people in the States so they can watch their prospects and future draftees. They show plenty of classic series and vintage games. There's some ECHL and AHL games, CHL games are another natural fit that should be brought to a new audience. It would also help their ratings by showing other CHL playoff games and then the Memorial Cup.
They did show the Memorial Cup and WJC's this year.

I agree with the original poster, they need to have a nightly show during the off season. I think its nothing but NHL classics and the 2008 Playoffs this week on their schedule. I don't watch Classic games to often. I loved NHL Live and wander why they would take a break from that.

I liked NHL Top Ten and wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 06:11 PM
ToursLepantoVienna

I started my subscription to watch the Memorial Cup, so I don't what programming they provide during the regular season. There are plenty of possibilities: AHL, CHL, D1, USHL (if they are televised), European leagues.

Of course, a network whose advertising consists primarily of promos for itself and Billy Mayes flogging the latest cleaning sensation can't be generating much revenue. We'll have to be happy for whatever we get.

ToursLepantoVienna is offline   Reply With Quote