HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poll! Pitkanen for Cole

View Poll Results: Do you like this trade?
Yep 158 64.75%
Nope 86 35.25%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Tommy35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMz View Post
1. Cole by all reports is 100% healthy.

2. If Pitkanens value is so high why did he only fetch Lupul to get in the first place? And after a average season offseason were just supposed to automatically open the book for him at 5 million plus?

3. Cole and Vishnovsky are both in there prime and are far from washed up.

4. WE are a much better team now then were were before, and just about every analyst and fan judging are trades have said Kevin Lowe has done a great job thus far.
1- We'll see, I hope, he only missed 10 games last season
2- Because Paul Holmgrem did pretty good and because a player of Joni's Talent and skills, as a defensive rushing Dman are hard to come by
3-Cole is 30 Joni is 25, Joni's better years are still ahead of him, Cole ??
4-Agree we are a better team now, but in a year or two?? Just think we could of gotten a better player for Joni

Tommy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 07:38 PM
wreckage

And now that we've removed 5 roster players and replaced them with 2 without acquiring some finishing touch I believe we've been robbed once again. Brule will not make the line up. He'll replace Schremp in the farm working on his game, as he needs to. Vish's stats have been declining for the last couple of seasons. His prime is past. Cole averages 13 missed games a season and his stats have been declining for a few seasons as well. Stoll missed time 2 years ago because of injury and had one bad season, was still a leader in the room. Torres brought some energy to the rink, his stats have fallen over the last couple seasons. He's a wash. Pitkanen was oft injured but still impressed most Oil fans when playing. Stats fell a bit this year from previous but did improve his +/- and PIM. Still getting better and going to hit his prime in about a year. For $4mill I'd rather have Pit than Vish. Greene was a player there to shut down, and that what he started doing this year. And he was one of the few that would stand up for team mates. We've also lost GlenX, and are likely to let Reasoner walk. Thats alot of ice we need to fill.

wreckage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 07:46 PM
the word*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckage View Post
And now that we've removed 5 roster players and replaced them with 2 without acquiring some finishing touch I believe we've been robbed once again. Brule will not make the line up. He'll replace Schremp in the farm working on his game, as he needs to. Vish's stats have been declining for the last couple of seasons. His prime is past. Cole averages 13 missed games a season and his stats have been declining for a few seasons as well. Stoll missed time 2 years ago because of injury and had one bad season, was still a leader in the room. Torres brought some energy to the rink, his stats have fallen over the last couple seasons. He's a wash. Pitkanen was oft injured but still impressed most Oil fans when playing. Stats fell a bit this year from previous but did improve his +/- and PIM. Still getting better and going to hit his prime in about a year. For $4mill I'd rather have Pit than Vish. Greene was a player there to shut down, and that what he started doing this year. And he was one of the few that would stand up for team mates. We've also lost GlenX, and are likely to let Reasoner walk. Thats alot of ice we need to fill.
We have incredible forward depth. More than we have had in well over a decade. Bump over to the Cole thread and drool. Pitkanen is more than replaced.

the word* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by the word View Post
We have incredible forward depth. More than we have had in well over a decade. Bump over to the Cole thread and drool. Pitkanen is more than replaced.
I disagree 100%. Pitkanen is far from replaced. He was the only guy who could play both ends of the ice really well.

3 years 12 million I would have taken that deal in a nanosecond. Now don't get me wrong, me hating the deal wont make me dislike Cole, but I think the Canes definetely got the better player in the deal.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote