HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's articles like this that get my blood boiling ...

Old
07-04-2008, 05:35 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

vCash: 500
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=3473833

ESPN is such a joke.

Read the above article. OK - that's too much to ask. Just read the first line. Jagr is #66? Sorry, that's not a typo that anyone who has a clue about hockey makes. You might as well refer to Mark Messier as #99.

It's pretty sad when the free commentary I get here is far more entertaining and informative than the spew from the LOLZ experts at ESPN.

edit: looks like people pointed out to Burnside that he was reinforcing his reputation as an idiot - it's been corrected to #68

Last edited by angry_treefrog: 07-04-2008 at 07:52 PM.
angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 06:56 PM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Tanner View Post
it was $75 million - and their lease was only for what? 2-3 more years? i'm assuming it'll cost substantially more to break a 20 year lease....
Isn't it $45 and $30 million more if Seattle doesn't find a new professional team within next five years? Hey, is it a perfect marriage between Panthers, city of Seattle and Oklahoma Supersonics? Supersonics pays part of Panthers arena lease breaking fine, Panthers move to Seattle? Anyways, I think new professional team in Seattle will be a NBA team.

JOL

Last edited by jol: 07-04-2008 at 06:59 PM. Reason: NBA team
jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:48 PM
+73*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSpree View Post
The real question is would anyone notice if espn stopped writing about hockey?
ZZZINGG!!

+73* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 05:42 AM
39ontheline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Ever again? SERIOUSLY doubt that. HIGHLY doubt that. In fact, I'm guessing that once the team starts winning, no matter how long that takes, you'll start spending again.

I guess for now you can eat up the free tickets you're complaining about.

HF isn't a forum just for those who want to complain.
Why the hell would I ever pay for a ticket when the morons running the team throw them away for free every game? Yeah, if they start winning all of the sudden Im just going to magically decide to spend money on free tickets....... Oh and for the record Ill likely be dead by the time these guys start winning so at least I wont have to worry about that.

Team minus Luongo minus Jokinen minus Bouwmeester (soon) plus Martin equals success in panther land somehow. In reality all that equals is total failure. This team totally fails every year and somehow people want to look on the bright side when all this team does is give away star players for nothing in addition to endlessly rebuilding with the wrong players. You guys have fun paying for that becuase I for one wont ever give a dime to this Yormark/Cohen disaster ever again (and havent since the roberto trade)

39ontheline is offline   Reply With Quote