HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Renney pushed for the changes

Old
07-06-2008, 01:03 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Renney pushed for the changes

Quote:
"It's an exciting time and I'm good with it," Renney told the Daily News. "Obviously, I'm disappointed about certain people. But I can't dwell on that.

"As a coach, you've got to consider both sides of the street. And when you give your input, you have to be fair. Certainly, it's an exciting time for the Rangers."

Don't get Renney wrong. As one of the most influential voices in the room when GM Glen Sather convened the organization's brain trust for its planning meetings in late May, Renney was among those pushing for the club to get faster and younger
Quote:
Bottom line: There is no money to sign Shanahan. Which means Renney will preside over a team with a new captain and two new alternate captains. This truly does become Gomez's and Drury's team.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...ven_with_.html

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 01:10 AM
NYR Viper

GOOD!!!!....this is what the team needed and im glad the rangers did it without hesitation as that is how great organizations do it

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 01:21 AM
Forever Blue

I was trying to tell some people that Renney's not the one who we need to worry about adjusting his style for the new team... this is the style of play he wants.

Forever Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 02:40 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Here it is, Tom.

The chance to prove that you were being held back by Jagr, who wanted everything ran his way.

Here's your chance to prove that it's not your fault the power play sucked last year.

Here's your chance to prove that this team is better off younger, and faster.

Here's your chance to prove that you could be the coach to take this team to the top.

There are no excuses for him now. This is how he wanted it, and he's got what he wants. Now, he has to make it work, and take accountability when it does and doesn't work.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 03:54 AM
RANGERS2448

im all for this new style cant waite is it preseason yet (when does it start)

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 07:12 AM
shoothepuck

"It's the way he wants it so he gets it.. some men you just can't change".

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 07:24 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I hope that if there's no cup after this season that people don't get on Renney's case. This is one step in building towards a cup. People must be patient.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 07:33 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
I hope that if there's no cup after this season that people don't get on Renney's case. This is one step in building towards a cup. People must be patient.
I agree but know that there will be those that will slam him. Look at Gomez and Drury. It took them almost a year to get acclimated.

It may take a year or two when we have Anisimov, Cherepanov and Sanguinetti playing with the Rangers (much more talent;depth) to get us over the hump.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 08:24 AM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Here it is, Tom.

The chance to prove that you were being held back by Jagr, who wanted everything ran his way.

Here's your chance to prove that it's not your fault the power play sucked last year.

Here's your chance to prove that this team is better off younger, and faster.

Here's your chance to prove that you could be the coach to take this team to the top.

There are no excuses for him now. This is how he wanted it, and he's got what he wants. Now, he has to make it work, and take accountability when it does and doesn't work.
Yea Tom, heres your chance to prove that you now believe matchups matter. (two weeks into being a professional coach he said he did not)

That your worst faceoff center shouldn't take the biggest draw of the season and doesn't NEED to be on the ice with under 2 minutes to go.

That if the powerplay is brutal for 40 straight games, you should try something different in game 41.

You can prove that you were right about Nigel Dawes and not resign him. (Oh wait, you couldn't have been more wrong about that and should have been fired on the spot for keeping Hossa over Dawes who clearly was the best player in camp)

Tom, here is your moment when you can unveil our new 1st line with Jagr gone. Hollwig-Betts-Orr really only got 2nd line minutes last year and frankly I think you were on to something. Forget that none of them have hands or skill. I think matching them up with everyone else's 1st line isn't enough. They need PP time. What if St. Louis is killing a penality? Who's going to stop him but Colton Orr (I seriously do love Blair Betts, but come on).

Tom, this is your 5000th chance to prove you deserve to be the head coach of this team because lets face it, you are 0 for 4999.

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 08:27 AM
BrianLeetch2

vCash: 803
Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Yea Tom, heres your chance to prove that you now believe matchups matter. (two weeks into being a professional coach he said he did not)

That your worst faceoff center shouldn't take the biggest draw of the season and doesn't NEED to be on the ice with under 2 minutes to go.

That if the powerplay is brutal for 40 straight games, you should try something different in game 41.

You can prove that you were right about Nigel Dawes and not resign him. (Oh wait, you couldn't have been more wrong about that and should have been fired on the spot for keeping Hossa over Dawes who clearly was the best player in camp)

Tom, here is your moment when you can unveil our new 1st line with Jagr gone. Hollwig-Betts-Orr really only got 2nd line minutes last year and frankly I think you were on to something. Forget that none of them have hands or skill. I think matching them up with everyone else's 1st line isn't enough. They need PP time. What if St. Louis is killing a penality? Who's going to stop him but Colton Orr (I seriously do love Blair Betts, but come on).

Tom, this is your 5000th chance to prove you deserve to be the head coach of this team because lets face it, you are 0 for 4999.
I think you are way too over the top about renney, 3 straight postseasons after 7 seasons of no playoffs people will never be happy.

BrianLeetch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 08:39 AM
darrenturcotte#8

More then half the league makes the playoffs. Congrats on raising an F avg to a C???!!!

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 08:42 AM
BrianLeetch2

Quote:
More then half the league makes the playoffs. Congrats on raising an F avg to a C???!!!
exactly and no one could do that in 7 years congrats be happy with what you got wow

Old
07-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLeetch2 View Post
I think you are way too over the top about renney, 3 straight postseasons after 7 seasons of no playoffs people will never be happy.
yeah, I'm sure Jagr & Henrik had nothing to do with it, twas all Renney's brilliant adaptive in-game coaching.

when we don't make the playoffs next year, you'll all be calling for Renney's head.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 08:52 AM
BrianLeetch2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
yeah, I'm sure Jagr & Henrik had nothing to do with it, twas all Renney's brilliant adaptive in-game coaching.

when we don't make the playoffs next year, you'll all be calling for Renney's head.
well we will wait and see if we do make the playoffs and get to teh 2nd round again is it a failure?

Old
07-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Turambar

Quote:
well we will wait and see if we do make the playoffs and get to teh 2nd round again is it a failure?
of course it's a failure. anything less than the conference finals is a failure, in my mind.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 09:05 AM
BrianLeetch2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
of course it's a failure. anything less than the conference finals is a failure, in my mind.
we just lost alot of veteran leadership and you want to get better wow lets start thinking realistically t

Old
07-06-2008, 09:10 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
we just lost alot of veteran leadership and you want to get better wow lets start thinking realistically t
The truth is, the players believe they can challenge for the Cup, Naslund said he felt this give him the best opportunity to win a Cup, as did Mara. So, the fans perception of this team is not the same as the players perception. So, yes, more so than any other year, this year's success is more on Renney's shoulders than ever. Personally, I have faith in him and the staff. As noted elsewhere, Renney and the staff are becoming part of the reason players want to play here. Redden specifically mentioned that as part of the reason he chose NY when he had similar offers on the table. And, that his team repesentatives did there research around the league regarding the coaching staff.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 09:12 AM
BrianLeetch2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
The truth is, the players believe they can challenge for the Cup, Naslund said he felt this give him the best opportunity to win a Cup, as did Mara. So, the fans perception of this team is not the same as the players perception. So, yes, more so than any other year, this year's success is more on Renney's shoulders than ever. Personally, I have faith in him and the staff. As noted elsewhere, Renney and the staff are becoming part of the reason players want to play here. Redden specifically mentioned that as part of the reason he chose NY when he had similar offers on the table. And, that his team repesentatives did there research around the league regarding the coaching staff.
i totally agree but saying anything but the conference finals is a failure thats a little harsh....to be a top 4 team is not something that comes that easy

Old
07-06-2008, 09:18 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Renney has done nothing to warrant any negative response from fans, other then the occasional odd line combination.

Renney is patient with this players, patient with the media, intelligent, and a good hockey mind.

He and his staff have implemented a system throughout the Organization that allows players to jump from the AHL to the NHL with a seamless transition.

Players have stated before that one of the reasons they come to the Rangers is Tom Renney. Drury, Gomez, Redden, Naslund have all stated their respect for Tom when signing.

3 years in and he has taken the Rangers to the 2nd round twice.

And now in a transition year some of you are putting his job on the line?

I think the overall team concept is going to be more cohesive, but i wouldn't expect us to be raising the Cup in June.

We still need another legit top 6 winger, and a quality 7th defenseman that can jump right in in case of injuries.

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 07-06-2008 at 09:23 AM.
SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 09:21 AM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
At this point, for all Renney's flaws, the stability of having a staff that has been the same for 3 years or so is a huge benefit and worth the downsides. All that will change if they don't find a way to gel this team and the team flops entirely.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 09:24 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
i totally agree but saying anything but the conference finals is a failure thats a little harsh....to be a top 4 team is not something that comes that easy
The point is, the organization and the players, even with these changes, believes it can and will challenge for the Cup.

And, truthfully, I believe this is a most talented team the Rangers have iced in the post-lockout era. Lundqvist is still on his way to his prime, the defense is as deep and talented as there's been here in a long time, despite the loss of Jagr, the additons of Naslund and especially Zherdev and Fritsche, the possible upgrades on the 4th line of Voros and Rissmiller, the further development of Dubinsky, Dawes and Callahan, and the possible youthful infusion of the likes of Korpikoski, AA and/or Byers, make the forwards as deep and versatile, and especially as fast as we've had here, also. In my mind, it then comes down to cohesion and chemistry. It's Renney job as coach, and Gomez, Drury and Redden's job as prospective team leaders to get this roster all on the same page from day one.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 09:35 AM
BrianLeetch2

Quote:
The point is, the organization and the players, even with these changes, believes it can and will challenge for the Cup.

And, truthfully, I believe this is a most talented team the Rangers have iced in the post-lockout era. Lundqvist is still on his way to his prime, the defense is as deep and talented as there's been here in a long time, despite the loss of Jagr, the additons of Naslund and especially Zherdev and Fritsche, the possible upgrades on the 4th line of Voros and Rissmiller, the further development of Dubinsky, Dawes and Callahan, and the possible youthful infusion of the likes of Korpikoski, AA and/or Byers, make the forwards as deep and versatile, and especially as fast as we've had here, also. In my mind, it then comes down to cohesion and chemistry. It's Renney job as coach, and Gomez, Drury and Redden's job as prospective team leaders to get this roster all on the same page from day one.

good points....i think they look better as well but i wont blame renney on another 2nd round exit if we tried our best and just came up short

Old
07-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
That's all fair enough, but I don't think he ever made excuses, or asked for people to make them for him. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Quote:
He does match them up at times these days.

Quote:
They did try some different things and it never worked for long.

Quote:
This is stupid. Dawes wasn't ready and it could be seen in his play. When he was ready to be a permanent part of the lineup, he stuck with the team. Some of you people are ridiculous

Quote:
This is also stupid because the 4th line never got a ton of icetime.

Quote:
[/quote]

This is retarded.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 09:41 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:

wow........could you be any more wrong?....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 09:41 AM
BrianLeetch2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
That's all fair enough, but I don't think he ever made excuses, or asked for people to make them for him. Let's not pretend otherwise.

He does match them up at times these days.

They did try some different things and it never worked for long.

This is stupid. Dawes wasn't ready and it could be seen in his play. When he was ready to be a permanent part of the lineup, he stuck with the team. Some of you people are ridiculous

This is also stupid because the 4th line never got a ton of icetime.

This is retarded.[/QUOTE]

exactly lol