HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Good One THN

Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
Good One THN

Most of the time we wouldn't blame anyone for making a wrong prediction, but this one was just too wrong to get unnoticed. It's from THN's 50 Fail-Safe Predictions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by THN
43.The line that put the fire in the flames springs back to life. The return of Dean McAmmond pushes Jarome Iginla back up to a top-five standing in the scoring race.
McAmmond didn't help Iggy as much, but they got the top-five part. So this can't possibly be the prediction I'm ridiculing. Wait, there's more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THN
The playoffs? Let's not get carried away.
While hindsight's 20/20 and so on, THN really got this one wrong, in their sure bets to happen. It also shows you the odds the Flames were up against at the start of the season, and also shows just how well Darryl Sutter has done as coach(can you say, Jack Adams?)

Old
06-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksflytogether
Most of the time we wouldn't blame anyone for making a wrong prediction, but this one was just too wrong to get unnoticed. It's from THN's 50 Fail-Safe Predictions:

McAmmond didn't help Iggy as much, but they got the top-five part. So this can't possibly be the prediction I'm ridiculing. Wait, there's more.
Are they talking about goal scoring or the Art Ross trophy race? Because Iginla wasn't a top 5 finisher in the points.

Old
06-06-2004, 03:40 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon
Are they talking about goal scoring or the Art Ross trophy race? Because Iginla wasn't a top 5 finisher in the points.
I figure they meant the Richard race. Possibly the Art Ross race, though.

Old
06-06-2004, 04:17 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
And you're telling me you thought they were gonna be in the Stanley Cup finals? ok

Old
06-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji_ch
And you're telling me you thought they were gonna be in the Stanley Cup finals? ok
Actually, after the reg. season ended, I figured they'd do the same as my team did and make it all the way.

But, THN said that saying Calgary making the playoffs would be getting too carried away. It's just funny looking at where they are now.

Old
06-07-2004, 11:24 PM
RI Canuck

Everyone makes mistakes. Hell they picked San Jose to finish 14th in the West. No one saw this series coming at the start of the season.

Closed Thread