HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Interested in O'Sullivan

Old
07-06-2008, 03:22 PM
NYReign

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Are you serious?
"but I doubt they'd accept it" lol I can dream can't I

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 03:27 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Are you serious?

What?

Thats an excellent trade.

Our garbage for a future 1st liner...I see nothing wrong with that.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 03:47 PM
ThirdEye

Come on people, no to trading Dubinsky or any other valuable asset in our lineup

Keep Dawes and let him step into the 2nd line role. We won't have one prospect of our own in the top 6, which sucks. I think it's time for Dawes to step up since he has top 6 potential.

Dawes has been invisible at times, but I think once he gets comfortable in his role he'll quickly emerge as the player he's expected to be.

That said, I think it would be worth the risk to try a second line of Dawes - Dubinsky - Drury. This way we can have Dubinsky further develop his game and we'll still have a very decent third line. At least Dubinsky will add some size to our top 6

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 03:51 PM
BrianLeetch2

vCash: 803
Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Come on people, no to trading Dubinsky or any other valuable asset in our lineup

Keep Dawes and let him step into the 2nd line role. We won't have one prospect of our own in the top 6, which sucks. I think it's time for Dawes to step up since he has top 6 potential.

Dawes has been invisible at times, but I think once he gets comfortable in his role he'll quickly emerge as the player he's expected to be.

That said, I think it would be worth the risk to try a second line of Dawes - Dubinsky - Drury. This way we can have Dubinsky further develop his game and we'll still have a very decent third line. At least Dubinsky will add some size to our top 6
i would deal dubinsky in heartbeat or a dawes package to get a guy like sullivan here...he is leaps and bounds better then both players and have way more upside

BrianLeetch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 04:24 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLeetch2 View Post
i would deal dubinsky in heartbeat or a dawes package to get a guy like sullivan here...he is leaps and bounds better then both players and have way more upside
Is he really that good? I'll admit, I've only seen him play a few times.

The thing is, I doubt Sather will deal Dubinsky anyway. It's not really a matter of worth or anything, I just think the Rangers are really high on Dubinsky being a part of this teams future.

I would start with Dawes and Sanguinetti and add another solid player and/or 1st rounder. If the Rangers really are interested in him, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up Cherepanov as well.

Old
07-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
A commitment to youth, yes, but it's not as if we'd be moving Dubinsky for Chris Chelios or something.

That deal gives you two forwards with 25+ goal upside, both of whom are only 23 years old. I love Dubinsky, but you have to give to get. Not to mention O'Sullivan has expanded his skillset from a strictly offensive sniper role to a two-way forward with the ability to kill penalties as effectively as he can score goals. He fits our new system to a t.

Boyle is a 6'6 222lb forward who can also play defense. He scored 4 goals and had 1 assist in 8 games this year. He could easily replace Dubinsky in our lineup.
I understand you have to give to get, but dubinsky is probably one of our few untouchables. He has size, speed, hands, good defensively, and he is only going to get better. He makes a great 2nd line center to play behind gomez and we have other assets that can be used to get O'sullivan

prucha, callahan, moore, sauer, korpikoski, pyatt, etc are all players/prospects that i could see sather willing to deal

I just think he has no desire to deal dubinsky and even dawes for that matter, personally I wouldn't trade either of them and I wouldn't deal callahan, he plays hard, plays both ways, hits, scores, and if he tried to be a bit more of a pest he could be a real spark plug for this team

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 04:47 PM
ThisYearsModel

O'Sullivan had a good year, but if the youth-focused Kings are looking to get rid of him, there must be a reason for it. He had lots of problems, leading the Wild to deal him. If he is traded, he will be with his 3rd team in 1.5 years. Buyer beware.

ThisYearsModel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 04:49 PM
TheZherdev

its amazing how over rated dubinsky has gotten on these boards. Hes a solid player, but people are making out to be a future first liner because he had some chemistry with Jagr. I think based on everyones expectations hes gonna have a let down year. I expect him to put up third line numbers, because thats what he is and i think he can do a very good job in that role. But to expect more from him just because Jagr inflated his stats is unfair.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
That pretty much summarized how all the fans think - no trading of our valuable assets.

We want your top-shelf players and in return we'll give you a guy we don't want, a fourth liner, a third-rate prospect nobody except us ever heard of and maybe we'll throw in a second rounder, but never actually a first since that could be valuable.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 04:57 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
That pretty much summarized how all the fans think - no trading of our valuable assets.

We want your top-shelf players and in return we'll give you a guy we don't want, a fourth liner, a third-rate prospect nobody except us ever heard of and maybe we'll throw in a second rounder, but never actually a first since that could be valuable.
Not that's not what I said...

I said I'd rather go with the line up now than trade, that's it

If we trade Dawes and Dubinsky for him we'll have like 2 players on our roster from last season. Do you really think that's a good idea?

EDIT: Ok, not 2, but you get the point

Old
07-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post

Prucha has been made expendable with the arrival of dawes and callahan. Are we suppossed to offer dubinsky, staal, and a 1st round pick for O'Sullivan? Prucha, Moore, and hollweg or a pick isn't a lowball offer

look at what we got zherdev and fritsche for, an overpaid 6th defensemen and tyutin who is a 2nd pair defensemen on an average team, a 3rd pair d-man on a good team

Old
07-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
What?

Thats an excellent trade.

Our garbage for a future 1st liner...I see nothing wrong with that.
HFBoards baby.

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
its amazing how over rated dubinsky has gotten on these boards. Hes a solid player, but people are making out to be a future first liner because he had some chemistry with Jagr. I think based on everyones expectations hes gonna have a let down year. I expect him to put up third line numbers, because thats what he is and i think he can do a very good job in that role. But to expect more from him just because Jagr inflated his stats is unfair.
Over rated? the kid played well, scored some big goals, had goal to goal rushes, goes to the net, was good on faceoffs, and throws hits. He is not a third line center, play him with naslund and dawes and he can put up second line numbers. As for inflated stats, he didn't play with jagr for the entire season, his numbers were better when playing with jagr but he also got more ice time when he was on jagr's line and barely saw powerplay time. I think his numbers will improve this year with powerplay time and not being jumbled from 3rd line to first back to third back to first

Old
07-06-2008, 05:20 PM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
I understand you have to give to get, but dubinsky is probably one of our few untouchables. He has size, speed, hands, good defensively, and he is only going to get better. He makes a great 2nd line center to play behind gomez and we have other assets that can be used to get O'sullivan

prucha, callahan, moore, sauer, korpikoski, pyatt, etc are all players/prospects that i could see sather willing to deal

I just think he has no desire to deal dubinsky and even dawes for that matter, personally I wouldn't trade either of them and I wouldn't deal callahan, he plays hard, plays both ways, hits, scores, and if he tried to be a bit more of a pest he could be a real spark plug for this team
Mr JanErixon

L.A has waitig in the wings

Hickey, Doughty, Tuebert, Martinez, Piskula, and Bagnell on defence
Boyle, Purcell, Moulson, Moller, Simmonds, Tukonen, Lewis, and Cliche up front
Bernier and Quick join Zatkoff and Ersberg as goalie prospects

On the team already they have, Kopitar, Frolov, Brown, O'Sullivan, and Stoll under 26 and proven top 2 liners and they have Jack Johnson on defence. So right now goaltending and defence are weak.

Now other then a hot/cold miniture in Prucha who might make a decent 2nd liner and Callahan who is a decent 3rd 4th liner, who do you really think L.A would be interested in from your team for a proven 23 year old 2nd line forward that has PPG potential written all over him, has a great skill set and just learned how to play defence.

Rangers that fit in with L.A's rebuild.

1. Lundqvist
2. Staal
3. Zherdev
4. Girardi

Now would you be willing to give up Lundqvist = NO
a package for Staal - O'Sullivan and Hickey
Zherdev - both he and O'Sullivan may be compairable
Girardi - add Callahan and it would be a decent package

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 05:23 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Mr JanErixon

On the team already they have, Kopitar, Frolov, Brown, O'Sullivan, and Stoll under 26 and proven top 2 liners and they have Jack Johnson on defence. So right now goaltending and defence are weak.

Now other then a hot/cold miniture in Prucha who might make a decent 2nd liner and Callahan who is a decent 3rd 4th liner, who do you really think L.A would be interested in from your team for a proven 23 year old 2nd line forward that has PPG potential written all over him, has a great skill set and just learned how to play defence.

1. Lundqvist
2. Staal
3. Zherdev
4. Girardi

You may have hit upon something.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:

Do we have other assets to get O'Sullivan? I'm not so sure. Prucha and Callahan are underachieving at the NHL level, Moore can't crack the lineup, Sauer is injured, and Pyatt is still a year or two off by most accounts.

You're talking about getting a 23 year old that scored 53 points last season on a team that finished in the basement. He lines up at all 3 positions and plays both ends of the ice. He can play on the power-play and the PK and likes to get gritty in the corners. This guy isn't going to come for Prucha and Callahan.

You can't judge Dubinsky off of one season of playing with Jaromir Jagr. We won't know how much of his production was based upon Jagr being on his line until we see him play without Jagr.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 05:28 PM
BrianLeetch2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
just becuase he did well doesnt mean you can put me out on the ice with jagr and im going to put up numbers like dubi, but i understand his numbers might have been inflated a little but he has enough talent to be a 2nd liner for most of his career i think

Old
07-06-2008, 05:28 PM
koncepts

Send a message via Yahoo to koncepts
Quote:
Mr JanErixon

2. Staal

only real way of gettin Sully from the kings is for Staal to come to LA.

We don't want Picks or Left Overs

koncepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 05:31 PM
BrianLeetch2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
You may have hit upon something.
Girardi and callahan for osullivan

very interesting and i like it

Old
07-06-2008, 05:33 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by koncepts View Post
only real way of gettin Sully from the kings is for Staal to come to LA.

We don't want Picks or Left Overs
We won't trade you our best forward Picks or our all star caliber defenseman LeftOvers.... just no way is that going to happen!

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

No, Prucha has been expendable because he stunk up the joint last season and nobody has any confidence that he can go back to his second line form of the rookie year. It looks like the league has figured out that all you had to do to stop him is to push him and he'll drop on his rear end. That's why Prucha should be limited predominately to PP duty.

If Prucha, Dawes and Cally were all even, we'd see an even number of proposals involving each player. Instead, it's always Prucha.

Yes your offer of Prucha, Moore, Hollweg and a pick ARE a lowball offer, even if the pick is a first rounder, which it's not or you'd mention it.

Prucha's value is about a third rounder. Maybe less. Probably less.

Hollweg is worthess. If we could get a 7th round pick for him, I'd gladly do it. Chances are that if we package Prucha and Hollweg together, we can get one third rounder for both of them.

Moore is a prospect with third line potential, a.k.a. interchangeable parts you can always find. His value is also a third rounder. Together Moore, Prucha and Hollweg may get us a late second round pick.

And your "pick" is presumably at most a second rounder or even less than that.

So what you are telling me is that LA should trade a young second liner with first line potential for a pair of mid to late second round picks (and that's the absolute max that our players are worth, and probably not that much).

Let me ask you this: would you trade our second liners for that?

Dubi is worse than O'S and doesn't have as much potential. Would you trade Dubi for a #2 and a pair of #3's? No? Well, Dubi isn't as good as O'S, so what would make you think LA would do it?

Quote:
Prucha has been made expendable with the arrival of dawes and callahan. Are we suppossed to offer dubinsky, staal, and a 1st round pick for O'Sullivan? Prucha, Moore, and hollweg or a pick isn't a lowball offer

look at what we got zherdev and fritsche for, an overpaid 6th defensemen and tyutin who is a 2nd pair defensemen on an average team, a 3rd pair d-man on a good team

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Mr JanErixon

1. Lundqvist
2. Staal
3. Zherdev
4. Girardi

Mr. Funky
My point is that we don't need to overpay to get O'sullivan
sather basically ripped off columbus for zherdev, I would have traded tyutin and backman for Zherdev alone, and he got fritsche in the deal as well. If we aren't good trading partners with LA that is fine, but there is no harm in trying to deal prucha, a prospect and a pick for O'sullivan. No one said LA had to deal O'sullivan, this thread is just throwing around trade ideas, if you don't think the one i've offered is good enough thats your opinion, but it's not an insulting one. Its not as if I am offering orr, hollweg, and a 5th round pick

Staal, dubi, lundqvist are essentially untouchables IMO, gomez, drury, and redden are untouchable due to contracts

You want to talk callahan and girardi, Im sure sather would talk about it, but I would rather have those two players than O'Sullivan. I have no problem going into this season with the roster we have, seeing how these players mesh and making a deal down the road

Old
07-06-2008, 05:42 PM
In The Flesh

girardi and cally for o'sullivan - fine value wise, but just terrible for the Rangers, just terrible

Do some of you want to have the softest team ever assembled??? We're already on that path, then you trade arguably our meanest D man (not saying all that much) and our toughest forward who can actually pot some. Ugh.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Do we have other assets to get O'Sullivan? I'm not so sure. Prucha and Callahan are underachieving at the NHL level, Moore can't crack the lineup, Sauer is injured, and Pyatt is still a year or two off by most accounts.

You're talking about getting a 23 year old that scored 53 points last season on a team that finished in the basement. He lines up at all 3 positions and plays both ends of the ice. He can play on the power-play and the PK and likes to get gritty in the corners. This guy isn't going to come for Prucha and Callahan.

You can't judge Dubinsky off of one season of playing with Jaromir Jagr. We won't know how much of his production was based upon Jagr being on his line until we see him play without Jagr.
why do we have to judge him at all? he had a good rookie season playing 3rd and 1st line, back to 3rd back to first. How much powerplay time did he have? he was a rookie just trying to find his game. I have higher expectations for him this season, he is confident and knows his game and should benefit from knowing his role as 2nd line center hopefully with two wingers (my hopes are naslund and dawes) who can produce

As for O'sullivan, where did i say prucha and callahan will bring him here? I say those are players i can see sather offering up, one of them with a prospect and a pick, or maybe sather makes a steal and deals prucha, hollweg, and a 2nd pick? who knows stranger things have happened, see the zherdev deal

Old
07-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
girardi and cally for o'sullivan - fine value wise, but just terrible for the Rangers, just terrible

Do some of you want to have the softest team ever assembled??? We're already on that path, then you trade arguably our meanest D man (not saying all that much) and our toughest forward who can actually pot some. Ugh.
I agree its a trade I wouldn't make, both of those players are heart and soul guys, players you need. Id rather we go into the season with those two and make a deal later on if we need second line help