HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Kovalev, THE most talented?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2008, 11:24 PM
  #76
24morecupsthanyou*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainlight View Post
one of the lamest threads ive seen in quite a while
lol @ OHIO

24morecupsthanyou* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 11:28 PM
  #77
sandman08
Registered User
 
sandman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hyderabad, India
Country: India
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post
Kovy vs Wayne

Puck handling ? Kovalev
Skating agility? Kovalev
Streng? Kovalev
Charisma? Kovalev
Biggest dick? Kovalev
Best hair cut? Kovalev
Best pilot? Kovalev
Best fighter? Kovalev
Best checker? Kovalev

Outside of Points. Kovalev pwn Wayne .
Wayne was a genius to understand play . Because outside of it he was quite average . I just don't like Wayne.

At least Kovy don't hide behind 24 bodyguard .
why should anyone take what you say with any seriousness what so ever after you say something like that? i mean, the fact you say that makes everything you say about gretz vs kovy to be fully subjective right? of course.. i mean its like arguing britney is more talented then aguilera because you think britney is easier (and therefore aguilera sucks).

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 11:30 PM
  #78
sandman08
Registered User
 
sandman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hyderabad, India
Country: India
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24morecupsthanyou View Post
lol @ OHIO
rofl.. like omg you rock and are so much smarter than him because of where he happens to live...

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 11:30 PM
  #79
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,343
vCash: 500
Kovalev's skills are incredible, but his hockey sense is average at best.

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 11:43 PM
  #80
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Kovalev's skills are incredible, but his hockey sense is average at best.
I think his hockey sense is above average...specially with the years of experience in the NHL. Just for an example that game he had last year with 4 assists...that was awesome hockey sense right there...

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 11:53 PM
  #81
penshavehope
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
kinda funny sicne he has never scored more than 100 pts in a season? lots of heart yeah but better than cros, gretz Mario, ah a big no, and I do love to watch him play but not the greatest. what will he be remember for? getting whacked in the hand to draw a penatly in the playoffs three years back I think?

penshavehope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 11:58 PM
  #82
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Please not a other thread who will give us a bad reputation...

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 11:59 PM
  #83
24morecupsthanyou*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman08 View Post
rofl.. like omg you rock and are so much smarter than him because of where he happens to live...
you didn't post that, some kid at a sweat shop in calcutta did.

24morecupsthanyou* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 12:02 AM
  #84
24morecupsthanyou*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Please not a other thread who will give us a bad reputation...
who gives a **** about what other 'fans' think of what we have to say? 'fans' of 'those' teams have like 10 posts in their game day threads.

24morecupsthanyou* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 12:08 AM
  #85
deanosaur
Registered User
 
deanosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: AB/MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,090
vCash: 500
Imagine if he had the heart and determination of lets say crosby...

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 12:12 AM
  #86
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
Imagine if he had the heart and determination of lets say crosby...
He would be diving everywhere to get a penalty.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 12:43 AM
  #87
24morecupsthanyou*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
He would be diving everywhere to get a penalty.
no kidding, should have used an example like brendan morrow...now that's heart and soul.

24morecupsthanyou* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 12:50 AM
  #88
sandman08
Registered User
 
sandman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hyderabad, India
Country: India
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24morecupsthanyou View Post
you didn't post that, some kid at a sweat shop in calcutta did.
wow... i cant possibly compete with such compelling arguments and intellect as that.

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 01:04 AM
  #89
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,227
vCash: 500
Lets just mess this thread up...yeah Bruins fans think Lucie Lew will beat up Georges.....um yeah ok

It's time for Komi to kick his ass!!!!!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 06:31 AM
  #90
Richybaby
 
Richybaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Yamaska
Country: Canada
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24morecupsthanyou View Post
if kovy played during gretzky's era, and was 100% zoned in for every game, he'd have 100 goal seasons. That's a fact, so put that in your kovy hating pipes and smoke it.
A fact ? You cant say its a fact....The only fact here is that you're a dreammmmmmerrrrr

Richybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 07:41 AM
  #91
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"
 
TheDamned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal
Posts: 9,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Sorry but Datsyuk trumps Kovalev in natural skill.
Ya, they're both pretty close. Kovy is much more of a beast then Datsyuk tough.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 08:43 AM
  #92
newsylalonde100
 
newsylalonde100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
How about watching Datsyuk play? He is a much better puckhandler than Kovy. The only thing Kovy has on Datsyuk is his slapshot/one timer.
no way man...kovy is the best puck/stickhandeler ever

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFoeLMm1d8M

thats just the best talent there!

newsylalonde100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 09:14 AM
  #93
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24morecupsthanyou View Post
who gives a **** about what other 'fans' think of what we have to say? 'fans' of 'those' teams have like 10 posts in their game day threads.
The board is better for your wit. Well maybe better's the wrong word.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 09:15 AM
  #94
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richybaby View Post
A fact ? You cant say its a fact....The only fact here is that you're a dreammmmmmerrrrr
Don't fall in love with a dreamer. They'll only break your heart.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 02:21 PM
  #95
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Kovalev's skills are incredible, but his work ethic is average at best.
fixed

  Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 02:26 PM
  #96
superstar436
Registered User
 
superstar436's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,000
vCash: 500
A kovalev = One of the most overrated players in the last 20 years.

If he was that talented how come he never won any individual trophy. How come he only had 1X40 goals season and no 100 pts season.

around 0.8 PPG career avg., give me a break.

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 02:59 PM
  #97
Passchendaele
Registered User
 
Passchendaele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Laval, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,394
vCash: 500
to think Kovalev would score 100 goals is ********* crazy.

35 goals in 2007-08 = 50 goals around 1985.

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 02:27 AM
  #98
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,748
vCash: 50
Kovalev has the size and raw skill to have incredible puck control. He is better than datysuk at keeping the puck in the corners but then again datysuk had the most takeaways in the league. Kovalev has good hockey sense, why would he have below average hockey sense? What are people smoking? He clearly has above average hockey sense, but he doesn't have elite hockey sense or determination. It's like when we read about a prospect and his tools but no toolbox stuff. Kovalev has elite skill, there's no doubt about it, where he ranks all time? I don't know, but he's high up there in raw skill alone. Also, although his hockey sense isn't like the greats, his creativity is also above average and compensates on the powerplay with slick moves and passes.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 03:32 PM
  #99
Masterplan*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Promise Land
Country: Croatia
Posts: 5,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post
Kovy vs Wayne

Puck handling ? Kovalev
Skating agility? Kovalev
Streng? Kovalev
Charisma? Kovalev
Biggest dick? Kovalev
Best hair cut? Kovalev
Best pilot? Kovalev
Best fighter? Kovalev
Best checker? Kovalev

Outside of Points. Kovalev pwn Wayne .
Wayne was a genius to understand play . Because outside of it he was quite average . I just don't like Wayne.

At least Kovy don't hide behind 24 bodyguard .
Are you talking about Primeau? Then I agree...

Masterplan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 08:35 PM
  #100
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterplan View Post
Are you talking about Primeau? Then I agree...
COME ON!!!! Were talking about Kovalev here

  Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.