HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Ray Bourque Gives Lightning pep talk

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2004, 09:04 AM
Donnie D

vCash: 500
Stupid? Don't think so. That statement wasn't made because he believed in what he was saying, wasn't made for the NHL officials or administration, it wasn't made for the press and it wasn't made for the public. It was made for his team and which team won the game right after the speech? Now I'm not crediting the speech for the win, but if it helped in a small way to bring the team together, it served its purpose.

Old
06-07-2004, 12:37 PM
Go Flames Go*

I think Calgary was not as focused as we are used to seeing them in big game situation, but Tampa did no out play Calgary in that game. It was a even flow game, up until Tampa capatilzed on the PP, even after the play was taken to them, and after Nilson tied the game up, Calgary took it to Tampa who looked drained and exhausted, and had a luck break in the 2nd ot because clearly two Tampa players commited penalties on the play.

Old
06-07-2004, 01:54 PM
reg dunlop

Conspiracy indeed. Even Ray Bourque is against the Calgary Flames

Someone from Quebec who is against western canada, gee that is really odd...

Old
06-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D
Stupid? Don't think so. That statement wasn't made because he believed in what he was saying, wasn't made for the NHL officials or administration, it wasn't made for the press and it wasn't made for the public. It was made for his team and which team won the game right after the speech? Now I'm not crediting the speech for the win, but if it helped in a small way to bring the team together, it served its purpose.
So apparently his team is made up of a bunch of low brows that can be motivated by conspiracy theories spewed by a coach who himself doesn't even believe what he is saying? I doubt that is the case but if so that sounds pretty stupid to me!

Old
06-08-2004, 01:20 AM
Go Flames Go*

I find it sick to my stomach that Ray Borque would call a nobody like Tim Taylor to give advice and a speech. Stephane Yelle, and Nemo, and Rienprecht went to war for that idiot, and rallied around him to give him a the best send off ever, they sweat, they bleed, they gave there hearts for that man, and to repay them like that is just disgusting. All respect for him is gone.

Old
06-08-2004, 01:37 AM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Flames Go
I find it sick to my stomach that Ray Borque would call a nobody like Tim Taylor to give advice and a speech. Stephane Yelle, and Nemo, and Rienprecht went to war for that idiot, and rallied around him to give him a the best send off ever, they sweat, they bleed, they gave there hearts for that man, and to repay them like that is just disgusting. All respect for him is gone.
And all won the Cup. Bourque went thrue the same war and is entitled to w/e he wants...he obviously wanted to see Andy kiss the cup; and I don't think he cares if you respect that decision or not.

Old
06-08-2004, 01:49 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC
And all won the Cup. Bourque went thrue the same war and is entitled to w/e he wants...he obviously wanted to see Andy kiss the cup; and I don't think he cares if you respect that decision or not.
I think this poster fails to realize that Bourque is great friends with both the tool man and Dave Andreychuk.

Old
06-08-2004, 02:26 AM
1Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Flames Go
A nobody named Tim Taylor has his name on the cup twice now (For the record, that's Tim Taylor: 2, Peter Bondra: 0). It says a lot when a nobody like Tim Taylor DID receive the call before Yelle, Niemenen, and Reinprecht, I agree.

A nobody like Tim Taylor must have done something right in his insignificant life.

Or maybe Bourque just doesn't like the Flames.

Old
06-08-2004, 03:49 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

So that's why Andreychuk handed the cup to Tim Taylor first

Closed Thread