HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

How did you guys fix the cap problem?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-04-2008, 07:26 PM
  #1
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion
 
Coach Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,652
vCash: 500
How did you guys fix the cap problem?

Hey Hawks fans,

Just wondering how you guys managed to get under the cap in the last couple days?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=CHI

What move did you guys make?

Cheers

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 07:50 PM
  #2
lfchockey*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,505
vCash: 500
We shouldn't be under the cap.
Hockeybuzz moved Barker to the farm team dropping close to $3 million. But that's not going to happen... especially with Wisniewski going down with ACL surgery.
Plus, we're missing two forwards from that list.
Byfuglien will be a forward next year. Plus, one of Skille/Beach/Brouwer will be on the team.
And there is still one more guy to fill out the 21 man roster.

We're still over the cap

lfchockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 02:03 AM
  #3
BrightFutures
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
So does wiz's salary still count against us if he is on the DL?

BrightFutures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 02:34 AM
  #4
Zim
Registered User
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightFutures View Post
So does wiz's salary still count against us if he is on the DL?
Salaries of players on longterm IR do not count against the cap.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 05:52 AM
  #5
voxel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 10,812
vCash: 500
The annoying part is all the bonuses of Toews + Kane count against the cap but they may never hit (all of) them.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 08:08 PM
  #6
fogducker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
Salaries of players on longterm IR do not count against the cap.
no they do

trust me I asked the same question on the business board

fogducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 08:45 PM
  #7
Teemu
Moderator
 
Teemu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Palatine
Country: United States
Posts: 20,389
vCash: 500
"In the event that a Player on a Club becomes unfit to play (i.e., is injured, ill or disabled and unable to perform his duties as a hockey Player) such that the Club's physician believes, in his or her opinion, that the Player, owing to either an injury or an illness, will be unfit to play for at least (i) twenty-four (24) calendar days and (ii) ten (10) NHL Regular Season games, and such Club desires to replace such Player, the Club may add an additional Player or Players to its Active Roster, and the replacement Player Salary and Bonuses of such additional Player(s) may increase the Club's Averaged Club Salary to an amount up to and exceeding the Upper Limit, solely as, and to the extent and for the duration, set forth below."

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 05:03 AM
  #8
BrightFutures
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
"In the event that a Player on a Club becomes unfit to play (i.e., is injured, ill or disabled and unable to perform his duties as a hockey Player) such that the Club's physician believes, in his or her opinion, that the Player, owing to either an injury or an illness, will be unfit to play for at least (i) twenty-four (24) calendar days and (ii) ten (10) NHL Regular Season games, and such Club desires to replace such Player, the Club may add an additional Player or Players to its Active Roster, and the replacement Player Salary and Bonuses of such additional Player(s) may increase the Club's Averaged Club Salary to an amount up to and exceeding the Upper Limit, solely as, and to the extent and for the duration, set forth below."
ok so then the replacement player can exceed the Cap as long as we take him off when Wiz comes back?

BrightFutures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 01:47 PM
  #9
Hawksfan2828
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Libertyville, IL
Posts: 7,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfchockey View Post
We shouldn't be under the cap.
Hockeybuzz moved Barker to the farm team dropping close to $3 million. But that's not going to happen... especially with Wisniewski going down with ACL surgery.
Plus, we're missing two forwards from that list.
Byfuglien will be a forward next year. Plus, one of Skille/Beach/Brouwer will be on the team.
And there is still one more guy to fill out the 21 man roster.

We're still over the cap
Kontiola will surely get a job on the Hawks this season and at camp he might force the Hawks to trade Lang (just because of cap reasons). Kontiola is a little "Adam Oats" but a European version. Hes still a kid but he has the talent right now to step into the NHL as a PP unit guy with his passing ablitiy and play making.

Hjalmarsson is another guy that could make the team. I think hes more suited for a winger because he reminds me so much of Nylander.

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 09:31 PM
  #10
fogducker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,399
vCash: 500
Is Cam Barker available?

fogducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 05:49 AM
  #11
Zim
Registered User
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogducker View Post
Is Cam Barker available?
I doubt it. Tallon seems very reluctant to give up any of his young guys and Chicago have invested a lot of time and effort in Barker and he is starting to really show why he was drafted that high.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.