Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pavol Demitra and Brendan Morrison

Old
07-04-2008, 01:50 PM
BearChi

vCash: 500
Pavol Demitra and Brendan Morrison

would you think sutter would go for them i think demitra will play good if he signed IMO
but what do you think do you see them signing with us

BearChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Hyperkookeez*

demitra could be a good signing, idk much about the finer points of his game so i cant comment on that. he could provide a nice offensive boost on the flames second line. the only drawback would be age and to an extent his injury problems(which doesnt seem to bad after looking at his numbers). if he could play a wing and would be willing to sign short term(1-2 years) for a reasonable price(maybe 3 mil range) id say why not?

Hyperkookeez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Ticonderoga

I would be happy with Demitra for the right price and only a 1 or 2 year contract. I agree I worry about injuries here but he would be another option for our wings.

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 02:19 PM
BearChi

i heard nagy coming to calgary rumors my question is would you have nagy or demitra

BearChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Ticonderoga

Demitra.

He has showed Chemistry with Conroy before in LA and coming from the Wild I think he could adjust to our style better.

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 03:18 PM
saillias

Nagy is finished at this point. No point in going after him now.

Demitra, Morrison, these guys are all on the decline. We're better off making trades because the only UFA top sixes left are very flawed in some way or another. Hell, most of this year's UFA crop as a whole reeked of 'STAY AWAY'. I think we'll be thanking Sutter when teams like NY and Boston are stuck with Redden and Ryder.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Hyperkookeez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Iggy View Post
Demitra.

He has showed Chemistry with Conroy before in LA and coming from the Wild I think he could adjust to our style better.
near a ppg in a heavily defensive wild system is pretty impressive

imo, everything leads to demitra being the better fit for calgary if sutter were to sign one of the remaining ufa forwards

Hyperkookeez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:17 PM
scoringmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames14 View Post
i heard nagy coming to calgary rumors my question is would you have nagy or demitra
As of today their is not much option for good free agents as most are signed and we need a good second line LW and RW. Nagy and Demitra would both be good only if they play LW or RW position. (at this time i do not know what position they play)

First line basically would be

Cammalleri - Langkow - Iginla
(Cammalleri was brought in to replace Tanguay, Langkow is considered our number 1 center and Iginla all season long will be on the first line RW position)

Second line look like

Renee Bourque - Conroy/Lombardi - ???Nolan/Moss
( Renee from what people say about him sounds like another Lombardi type player who is injury prone and not ready for second line minutes, but since he plays LW and has NHL experience would automatically get that position unless Sutter signs a better UFA LW or trades for a LW player. Conroy and Lombardi will fight for the center position. Basically Lombardi really does not have a shot unless Conroy plays terrible during training camp and for RW position if Nolan re-signs he will get it or else it is toss up)

Third line and Fourth line are a tossup as we are not sure which prospects will have regular time in the Flames line up. The only players that will have regular shifts on third or fourth line would be Primeau, Nystrom, Moss(could play on second line), Boyd, and Glencross.

scoringmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 11:05 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
Nagy is finished at this point. No point in going after him now.

Demitra, Morrison, these guys are all on the decline. We're better off making trades because the only UFA top sixes left are very flawed in some way or another. Hell, most of this year's UFA crop as a whole reeked of 'STAY AWAY'. I think we'll be thanking Sutter when teams like NY and Boston are stuck with Redden and Ryder.
I totally agree. There are plenty of great players we could trade for using players such as Aucoin to go to a team who needs a great solid D guy and a veteran... bring back an offensive winger for a good price and give another of our prospects such as Wilson a chance on the blue line. May I suggest looking at Nashville?

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 06:11 AM
Grannys

I really hope Sutter sings someone still. There are some major depth characters left in free market and one of those could easily fill a good spot. And not just some bottom feeder young guy... Either a Dman who can fight for a top 4 spot of a winger who can fill in a top 6 spot.

Im all for Demitra or Nagy coming into the mix. I was hoping for Miettinen or Hagman but those guys went pretty fast. We could use Jason Smith as a Dman... but he might have a hefty asking price.

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
If Huselius and Tanguay got run out of town by management, I don't see what Demitra or Nagy could bring to the table that would see things turn out differently. Morrison is a centre which is the last thing Calgary needs. We need a vet winger in the Nolan, Brunette, Tucker mold.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 11:28 AM
AndersEriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
If Huselius and Tanguay got run out of town by management, I don't see what Demitra or Nagy could bring to the table that would see things turn out differently. Morrison is a centre which is the last thing Calgary needs. We need a vet winger in the Nolan, Brunette, Tucker mold.
Or the Bertuzzi mold.

Please provide pictures of the seasonticket burning

AndersEriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote